Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Justin Blackmon 1000 Yards?

Why are people acting like JB being in the slot is a new thing? Teams always rotate their WRs.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Why are people acting like JB being in the slot is a new thing? Teams always rotate their WRs.

Because they never utilized Blackmon in slot before as they did Sunday. Not saying he's never played slot but he exploited defenses last Sunday.

Quote:If you didn't insist you were right all the time before it was possible to know and just counter everybody arguments with the lalala I'm right and because you don't agree your all idiots defense people wouldn't have so much fun crowing when your wrong.

some basic people skills and people would be more likely to offer validation

Feels like group therapy on this board today

Shorts is struggling with double coverage due to the type of receiver he is, he is a speed receiver best on the deep routes being forced to run short routes to try get a first meaning he hasn't had a real opportunity to use his speed

both have weaknesses and strengths

Shorts isn't great at catching through contact which is something he needs to work on

Blackman is better at it but doesn't have the separation speed to break away from defenders with turf in front of him

that being said he looks faster than last year but I remember the Texans game where he laborered to get free on a deep slant

Added we need to see what happens when he is double covered urging the broncos misscouted him and thought they could end him with press coverage I don't think they will make that mistake again

Exactly and on the Shorts note I feel like he did this more last year up until his concussions. I remember him going up against. Contact often.

Still looking forward to what happens next week

Quote:Would be interesting to read those comments.

“He has an ‘It’ factor. He believes he’s better than the guy checking him, and he does a great job catching the ball.” Shorts said Blackmon’s raw, physical ability shows up pretty much every day in practice. “It’s like, ‘OK, I work my butt off trying to do that and he makes it look kind of easy,” Shorts said. “Some people just have it. Some people are blessed. He’s one of those guys. There are a select few, but he’s definitely one of them.”

Blackmon will reach 1000 yards easily, even with his shortened by 4 season.  The Jags can not run the ball effectively to move the chains.  The lack of the run is forcing them into a ball control passing offense to move the chains.  

Quote:I know he's missed the first four games but he's on pace, although he won't stay on pace, for 1900+ yards. Does he get it?
1,000 should be expected. He will do that.

TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

Quote:Because they never utilized Blackmon in slot before as they did Sunday. Not saying he's never played slot but he exploited defenses last Sunday.
...What?

WRs line up all over the field. Its nothing new. He was " never utilized " this year in one game, where he had 150 yards and a TD.

Quote:...What?

WRs line up all over the field. Its nothing new. He was " never utilized " this year in one game, where he had 150 yards and a TD.

I worded that weird... I'm saying I don't think he has ever played In the slot as much as he did in the Denver game.

Quote:I worded that weird... I'm saying I don't think he has ever played In the slot as much as he did in the Denver game.

You sounded so sure the first time.

He has lined up all over the field, just like every other WR in the league. Just because you are your teams #1 WR doesnt mean you line up at the X the whole time.

I remember him lining up in the slot a lot last year also. 

Not to mention wasn't he on the outside against the Rams?  WR move around.  A lot. 

1400!!!!! 1000 works to though

Blackmon with over 1,000 yards in only 12 games?  Well, that would be ONE positive for this season.  It'd be even better if Jacksonville FC draft an elite QB next year.  Time will tell whether or not they'll break their trend of not getting quality qb's in the draft.  We just did it on the WR end with Blackmon, so maybe?  Wait, Garrard was good return for a 4th rounder, and Rob Johnson did get Jax a steal via trade by getting a HOF caliber runningback, so.....

Quote:You sounded so sure the first time.

He has lined up all over the field, just like every other WR in the league. Just because you are your teams #1 WR doesnt mean you line up at the X the whole time.

I understand that. I think you are missing the point I was trying to make.

I picked up Blackmon in the 3rd week in my FF league and it's looking like a genius move.  Glad I passed on MJD.  I thought he would come back and be a decent starter, but he's just lost a step and looks fat compared to past years.