Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***official*** Lousiville Vs Temple Gameday Thread

Quote:... 

I wasn't being critical for Teddy for not converting the play, I was being critical for taking the check down in that instance, when I'm pretty sure there would have been single coverage downfield (considering how the play was developing) . Why not take the chance? If it gets picked, it would have been as good as a punt anyway....

Well, let's consider the situation for a moment:

• He was rolling to his left and he's a Right Handed QB. This means that he can't shield the ball with his body, so he must act quickly or risk getting the ball stripped and possibly giving the ball to Temple in their Red zone.
  • Any throw that he makes is going to be across his body and against his momentum.
  • Bridgewater does not have a big-time arm so most likely he would have to settle his feet in order to make a throw downfield any greater than 30 yards. Also, half of the field is taken away due to the combination of his arm strength limitation and the fact that he is between the numbers and the sideline.
  • The camera angle did not give any indication of what the coverage was downfield, but I'm willing to bet that if the DC had his Defense in Man Coverage on a 3rd and 27, he'd be looking for a job come Monday. But that's just me.

Seems to me like the check down really was the smart play.

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Well, let's consider the situation for a moment:

• He was rolling to his left and he's a Right Handed QB. This means that he can't shield the ball with his body, so he must act quickly or risk getting the ball stripped and possibly giving the ball to Temple in their Red zone.
  • Any throw that he makes is going to be across his body and against his momentum.
  • Bridgewater does not have a big-time arm so most likely he would have to settle his feet in order to make a throw downfield any greater than 30 yards. Also, half of the field is taken away due to the combination of his arm strength limitation and the fact that he is between the numbers and the sideline.
  • The camera angle did not give any indication of what the coverage was downfield, but I'm willing to bet that if the DC had his Defense in Man Coverage on a 3rd and 27, he'd be looking for a job come Monday. But that's just me.

Seems to me like the check down really was the smart play.

Teddy had already turned the corner, and was moving forward, IIRC so it wasn't like he wouldn't have had momentum (for a deeper throw) in his favor at that point. 

I saw him look deep and then settle for the check down, its, possible that it was doubled as you say, -- maybe I was assuming that when he started to run forward towards the LOS that the Safety might start to nudge a bit inside, thus leaving an opportunity to hit a deeper route, but whatever...Its nitpicking. I admit. 

Its really not that big of a deal anyway. He still played well. 

(This post was last modified: 10-05-2013, 04:12 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:Lol. I don't see the benefit in taking a risky chance like that. Could result in a pick and a db with blockers in front. I'd rather gain a few extra and play the field position game in that situation. That's just my opinion though.

risky? They were up 24-0 at that point deep into the 2nd half....

They weren't losing to that team today. 

Again, it really wasn't that big of a deal anyway. Thus why I labeled it a "quasi complaint" to begin with. 

Quote:risky? They were up 24-0 at that point deep into the 2nd half....

Again, it really wasn't that big of a deal anyway. Thus why I labeled it a "quasi complaint" to begin with. 

When theres so little other to critique about his play,....

It's a slight concern -- though as long as it doesn't happen often it's fine.  In any case up by 24 in the 3rd Quarter, no need to take risks.  Down by 3 or 7 at that point?  That's when you want to take some slight risks.  

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

The man isnt going to play a top 25 team all year,except when they get thumped in a bowl game :thanks:

;

;
<FONT face="Weltron Urban" color=#008080 size=7><I></I></FONT> 

Quote:risky? They were up 24-0 at that point deep into the 2nd half....

Ok. I just don't even think its worthy of a complaint.

Quote:The man isnt going to play a top 25 team all year,except when they get thumped in a bowl game :thanks:

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://scores.espn.go.com/ncf/recap?gameId=330020057'>http://scores.espn.go.com/ncf/recap?gameId=330020057</a>

Quote:The man isnt going to play a top 25 team all year,except when they get thumped in a bowl game :thanks:
Yeah he wont be able to sneak up on anybody this year.

(This post was last modified: 10-05-2013, 04:44 PM by vagrantwade.)

Blame the schedulers and the face that they are transitioning to the ACC. Either way they will play well against anyone they face in the orange or sugar bowl. Top #1 pick lock.

TEST

(This post was last modified: 10-05-2013, 04:49 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

Teddy wont be able to sneak up on anyone this year like they did on Florida last year when Florida underestimated them. Hopefully they put them against a ranked team (unlike the regular season) in a Bowl Game and he goes against a real defense agiain and we might see a Te'o Bowl Game performance. If he sucks it up in a Bowl Game I wonder what people will think then. Some people thought Te'o could of went 1st overall until he played Ala. and he played like junk.  If he has a good game like he usually does then I will be for Teddy.  Murray, Manziel, Boyd Mariota, any of those players could do what he does against the teams he plays against.  I like Teddy but it just sucks we don't get to see him tested.  I would love to see a Louisville vs Alabama bowl game

1. No one thought teo could go number 1. He was so overhyped for some reason.

2. Saying teddy "snuck up on them" is a big cop out. They had a long time to prepare and teams in big time games like that don't underestimate anyone.

<sub>Lol. You don't like teddy. You are one of his biggest haters here because you like some other garbage QB. If you can't evaluate a QB based on actual skillsets, stop trying.</sub>

TEST

(This post was last modified: 10-05-2013, 04:57 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

Quote:<sub>Lol. You don't like teddy. You are one of his biggest haters here because you like some other garbage QB. If you can't evaluate a QB based on actual skillsets, stop trying.</sub>

Dont talk about evaluating QB's Geno lol.  I know the dude has skills I would just like to see him tested.  The way you talk dude is already Tom Brady.  He is good but doesn't get tested.

Murray is a garbage QB? lol ok

Any QB is garbage to you unless its your love Teddy.   I think Teddy will be good but I bet he doesnt turn out to be the best QB in this class.  If he does then I will happily eat crow!

Cecil knows!

<a class="" href='https://twitter.com/CecilShortsIII'>Cecil Shorts III ‏@<b>CecilShortsIII</b></a>
<p class="" style="color:rgb(51,51,51);font-family:Arial, sans-serif;background-color:rgb(245,245,245);">Teddy Bridgewater is REAL!!! Mad respect for the kid <a class="" href='https://twitter.com/search?q=%23salute&src=hash'>#<b>salute</b></a>

Sorry but I just can't anything Murray supporters say seriously.

<sub>Cecil</sub>

TEST

Quote:Teddy wont be able to sneak up on anyone this year like they did on Florida last year when Florida underestimated them. 

Oh yeah.  That's what happened...lol

Quote:<span style="background-color:rgb(245,245,245);">

Cecil knows!

</span>

<span style="background-color:rgb(245,245,245);">
<a class="bbc_url" href='https://twitter.com/CecilShortsIII'>Cecil Shorts III@CecilShortsIII
</a>
</span><span style="background-color:rgb(245,245,245);">

Teddy Bridgewater is REAL!!! Mad respect for the kid <a class="bbc_url" href='https://twitter.com/search?q=%23salute&src=hash'>#salute</a>

</span>

Lol he deleted the tweet after jagsnation got excited. I guess he didn't want to hurt Gabby's feelings.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:Sorry but I just can't anything Murray supporters say seriously.

<sub>Cecil</sub>
Murray clutch again with a game tying TD with 5 sec left 80 yrd drive. with everybody on the offense hurt

Quote:Murray clutch again with a game tying TD with 5 sec left 80 yrd drive. with everybody on the offense hurt

We get it....SEC amirite?
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Murray had little to nothing to do with that final drive. Or the win in Overtime.
TEST