Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Hurns to be cut? Really?

Personally, I think it's Hurns' last year here so I wouldn't be all that upset.

I don't think it will happen though, he's one of the few offensive leaders on the team, and the presumed replacements haven't worked at all in the slot.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(09-01-2017, 02:49 PM)Jags02 Wrote: Might the Patriots want Hurns to replace Edelman?

The Bears also really need a WR.

I like Hurns, but I do think our WRs without him can handle things just fine. We'd still have...
  • split-end: Allen Robinson, Arrelious Benn
  • flanker: Marqise Lee, Keelan Cole
  • slot: Dede Westbrook, Shane Wynn
Well be ok.

The Pats aren't trading for Hurns.  They'll find someone to take Edelman's place on the roster already.  As long as Brady is there, they'll be fine.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

(This post was last modified: 09-01-2017, 05:31 PM by nhiverson.)

(09-01-2017, 05:28 PM)FBT Wrote:
(09-01-2017, 02:49 PM)Jags02 Wrote: Might the Patriots want Hurns to replace Edelman?

The Bears also really need a WR.

I like Hurns, but I do think our WRs without him can handle things just fine. We'd still have...
  • split-end: Allen Robinson, Arrelious Benn
  • flanker: Marqise Lee, Keelan Cole
  • slot: Dede Westbrook, Shane Wynn
Well be ok.

The Pats aren't trading for Hurns.  They'll find someone to take Edelman's place on the roster already.  As long as Brady is there, they'll be fine.

Could be the Austin Carr guy he looked decent vs us, but he is a bit taller.
No Fun

Hurns hasn't played great the last year

and

He could be one concussion away from retiring. If you can't trade him, it might be for the best.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

(09-01-2017, 03:14 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(09-01-2017, 02:37 PM)FBT Wrote: Yup.  A BCC rumor that really was just a tweet musing about possible roster moves including trading Hurns.  This turned into a viral rumor that has gotten to the point where it's one of the bigger stories around the Jags coming up to cut day.  

I agree with Bullseye that it makes more sense to carry 7 receivers than a full TE group based on the sheer lack of talent we've got with the TEs right now.

As I suspected.  A tweet from a sorry opinion blogger somehow makes it into the news and it becomes a rumor.

When it comes to tight ends though, my pick for a "shocker" move as far as a release would be Marcedes Lewis.  Though I don't see it happening, in my mind it's more likely to happen than Hurns being cut.

As weak as our TE depth is, releasing Marcedes is unlikely, and definitely a shocker. 

I think the "big" cut will end up being Yeldon.  The media in town says no way because he's the third down back, but they can compensate for him in that situation. The guy has done nothing special to warrant a roster spot.  He's just a guy.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

(09-01-2017, 05:32 PM)FBT Wrote:
(09-01-2017, 03:14 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: As I suspected.  A tweet from a sorry opinion blogger somehow makes it into the news and it becomes a rumor.

When it comes to tight ends though, my pick for a "shocker" move as far as a release would be Marcedes Lewis.  Though I don't see it happening, in my mind it's more likely to happen than Hurns being cut.

As weak as our TE depth is, releasing Marcedes is unlikely, and definitely a shocker. 

I think the "big" cut will end up being Yeldon.  The media in town says no way because he's the third down back, but they can compensate for him in that situation. The guy has done nothing special to warrant a roster spot.  He's just a guy.

I believe his protection skills on passing plays is what might keep him on the team. Other than that I agree, his chances of not making it have increased.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(09-01-2017, 05:32 PM)FBT Wrote:
(09-01-2017, 03:14 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: As I suspected.  A tweet from a sorry opinion blogger somehow makes it into the news and it becomes a rumor.

Marcedes is our second-best offensive lineman. He's not going anywhere.

I think Yeldon makes it. Tim Cook looked good last night, but he was in more of a Chris Ivory role. I don't see anyone who really replaces Yeldon. If any running back surprise takes place, I think it's Ivory gone in favor of Cook.

Beyond that, I don't see a "shocker" cut. Those typically happen when teams have great depth behind a high-priced starter or cap problems. We have none of the above.

We went nearly a decade without a WR worth a [BLEEP]. And now that we finally have a few good ones, we're just gonna cut one for no reason? I'm about to lose my damn mind...
Make the Jags Great Again
Blake Bortles......YOU'RE FIRED!
Dave Caldwell.....YOU'RE FIRED!

(This post was last modified: 09-01-2017, 06:47 PM by Sosa.)

Cole, Wynn, and Benn are average at best. Hurns is better than all three.

(09-01-2017, 06:12 PM)Jerrad Wrote: We went nearly a decade without a WR worth a [BLEEP]. And now that we finally have a few good ones, we're just gonna cut one for no reason? I'm about to lose my damn mind...

Exactly this. People are crazy with this whole idea of cutting Hurns for [BLEEP] Shane Wynn and league hopper Arrelious Benn.

(09-01-2017, 06:08 PM)TJBender Wrote:
(09-01-2017, 05:32 PM)FBT Wrote: As weak as our TE depth is, releasing Marcedes is unlikely, and definitely a shocker. 

Marcedes is our second-best offensive lineman. He's not going anywhere.

I think Yeldon makes it. Tim Cook looked good last night, but he was in more of a Chris Ivory role. I don't see anyone who really replaces Yeldon. If any running back surprise takes place, I think it's Ivory gone in favor of Cook.

Beyond that, I don't see a "shocker" cut. Those typically happen when teams have great depth behind a high-priced starter or cap problems. We have none of the above.

That's a sad statement about our O-Line. True, but sad.

(09-01-2017, 08:24 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Hurns is guaranteed his whole salary 7 mil. even if we cut him.  Next year we can cut him and it would be no dead money.  Hurns isn't getting cit

Correct.  Plus the Jags have plenty of cap room and IF Hurns were to light things up this year, then he'd have trade value next year.

(09-01-2017, 06:47 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(09-01-2017, 06:08 PM)TJBender Wrote: Marcedes is our second-best offensive lineman. He's not going anywhere.

That's a sad statement about our O-Line. True, but sad.

Put 20 lbs on Lewis, start him at RT, and slide Parnell to RG. Problem solved.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(09-01-2017, 08:59 PM)navyjagfan Wrote:
(09-01-2017, 08:24 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Hurns is guaranteed his whole salary 7 mil. even if we cut him.  Next year we can cut him and it would be no dead money.  Hurns isn't getting cit

Correct.  Plus the Jags have plenty of cap room and IF Hurns were to light things up this year, then he'd have trade value next year.

If he lights it up again why trade him?  Lee won't get resigned

(09-01-2017, 10:51 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I Lee won't get resigned

Why do you believe that?

(09-01-2017, 10:52 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(09-01-2017, 10:51 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I Lee won't get resigned

Why do you believe that?

I'm saying if Hurns lights it up I do nt think Lee gets resigned unless ARob falls off the map.  I don't see us paying all 3

Matt Barkley just got cut! Make it happen Dave. I know he is horrible but I'll take him.

This team is in no position to give away good players for a draft pick that most likely won't amount to anything given caldwells track record with draft picks.

(09-02-2017, 10:55 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Matt Barkley just got cut! Make it happen Dave. I know he is horrible but I'll take him.

Sub-60% completion percentage, 18 INTs in 11 career games, posted a career-high QB rating of 68.3 with the Bears last year (beating his previous best by 24 points).

Congratulations, you might have actually found a downgrade.

(09-02-2017, 10:55 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Matt Barkley just got cut! Make it happen Dave. I know he is horrible but I'll take him.

He's horrible but you will take him? We already have that, we need an upgrade at QB and Barkley is not that

(This post was last modified: 09-02-2017, 01:02 PM by Jagsfan32277.)

Yup. He just need reps with talent around him. He's played on bad teams and the Jags got the USC type talent at the skill positions