Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
This is why Michael Bennett will sit all year

(This post was last modified: 09-09-2017, 08:33 AM by Scarecrow.)

(09-09-2017, 07:03 AM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(09-09-2017, 02:41 AM)JagNGeorgia Wrote: What are you talking about?

Is it the statistics or the story behind them? 

Police are more likely to shoot white people when considering their encounters with white and black people. The stat people use to justify their opinion that police shoot more black people is when they compare the shootings to their percentage of total population. In other words, since they make up 25% of police shootings but only 12% of the population, then some people believe they're shot at a higher rate. 

According to the DOJ, the black population makes up about 12% of the population but commit 62% of robberies, 57% of murders, and 45% of assaults. Police have more violent encounters with black people than they do with white people. Despite this, they still shoot fewer black people. Washington State Professor Lois James found that white police officers were less likely to shoot unarmed black suspects in simulated threat situations where violence was offered against them. 

Roland Fryer, Harvard professor, examined 1,000 officer-involved shootings and could not find an correlation to racial bias when deciding to shoot someone.

This is a false narrative that people use to claim victimhood. The media pushes it because it's good for their bottom line.

OK, but what about using force to pin a black person to the ground just because he was fleeing from apparent gunshots? Do police treat white people the same way? That is how the anthem protests started - police brutality toward black suspects including but not limited to shootings. Also, how many of those white people who are shot by police were just walking away from the sound of gunshots or something like that instead of fleeing police after being named suspects? That could be what the protesting players are getting at.

Yes police treat white people the same way.  Are there racist cops? Yes and they're both black and white.  
Michael Bennett seems to be crying wolf to help his "cause" he has been pushing.  It's a shame if true.

If I ran from the cops in that scenario I would expect to be chased, grabbed and detained.  No matter what reason I ran.  

Police brutality towards black suspects is sensationalized by media and certain groups of society.  The media broadcasts it because as JagNGeorgia said it's good for their bank account.

What did Michael Bennett think was going to happen in this situation?  They were going to give him a hug, politely ask him to put his hands behind his back and cooperate?  Sorry but that's not how this works.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

He ran from the cops, innocent people don't do that in a crisis.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(09-09-2017, 09:17 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: He ran from the cops, innocent people don't do that in a crisis.

Why was he singled out if other people were also running from gunshots?

You fools should have followed my lead and not allowed yourselves to be baited down the troll road. Enjoy.

(09-09-2017, 12:07 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(09-09-2017, 09:17 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: He ran from the cops, innocent people don't do that in a crisis.

Why was he singled out if other people were also running from gunshots?

He was the only one who was hiding and got up and ran away from the cops when they saw him. That's highly suspect behavior that warrants detainment.

He didn't run from gunshots, he ran from the cops after it was over.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(09-09-2017, 01:43 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(09-09-2017, 12:07 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: Why was he singled out if other people were also running from gunshots?

He was the only one who was hiding and got up and ran away from the cops when they saw him. That's highly suspect behavior that warrants detainment.

It will be interesting to read why he did it.

(This post was last modified: 09-09-2017, 06:02 PM by WingerDinger.)

(09-09-2017, 01:53 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(09-09-2017, 01:43 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: He was the only one who was hiding and got up and ran away from the cops when they saw him. That's highly suspect behavior that warrants detainment.

It will be interesting to read why he did it.

So once again, you've proven to damn near everyone in this thread who can comprehend basic primitive language, that you just blurt out simple opinions without knowing facts. Which is why you are NEVER taken seriously

And as a side note..

I'm getting so sick of some of you bleeding heart mods.. So quick to protect your pet, just because you think the crap that certain poster feeds you is delicious..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(09-09-2017, 05:58 PM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(09-09-2017, 01:53 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: It will be interesting to read why he did it.

So once again, you've proven to damn near everyone in this thread who can comprehend basic primitive language, that you just blurt out simple opinions without knowing facts. Which is why you are NEVER taken seriously

And as a side note..

I'm getting so sick of some of you bleeding heart mods.. So quick to protect your pet, just because you think the crap that certain poster feeds you is delicious..

Whilst telling everyone else that their opinions are wrong.. "Anyone who knows anything about XYZ would not say that"... etc..
[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...

(09-09-2017, 07:35 PM)DarloJAG84 Wrote:
(09-09-2017, 05:58 PM)WingerDinger Wrote:  So once again, you've proven to damn near everyone in this thread who can comprehend basic primitive language, that you just blurt out simple opinions without knowing facts. Which is why you are NEVER taken seriously

And as a side note..

Whilst telling everyone else that their opinions are wrong.. "Anyone who knows anything about XYZ would not say that"... etc..

Thank you..

I can't be the only jerk that immediately wishes injury upon those they show sitting can I ? Not permanent or anything, just career ending. That's all.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(09-08-2017, 09:34 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: In all seriousness, the issue is a pretty simple one from a personal standpoint.

Would you be upset if the teacher told you that your child sat during the national anthem at school?

I wouldn't be, though thinking about it, I dont think I've ever heard the national anthem at school.

(09-09-2017, 09:31 PM)Jagwired Wrote: I can't be the only jerk that immediately wishes injury upon those they show sitting can I ? Not permanent or anything, just career ending. That's all.

Do I wish injury on this patchy beard bum. Na. Would I lose a second of sleep if his kneecap got turned around the back of his leg? Na.

Stand up guys like Berry beat cancer, tear achilles, can't catch a break while guys like Bennett go on. Makes you wonder if karma is such a thing.

I'm a firm believer in karma. Right now, Kap is reaping what he sowed. And Bennett will as well.. What goes around, comes around.

I'm sure all the Kap haters and Bennett haters will be standing with their hands over their hearts during the anthem today, in their living room.

The more you rock the boat, the more of a chance it flips on ya.. Kap and Bennett deserve to have haters.

(09-10-2017, 09:52 AM)nate Wrote: I'm sure all the Kap haters and Bennett haters will be standing with their hands over their hearts during the anthem today, in their living room.

If by "haters", you mean people who love their country and respect the sacrifice others have made so we can watch football on TV, then yeah. You are right.

(09-10-2017, 09:52 AM)nate Wrote: I'm sure all the Kap haters and Bennett haters will be standing with their hands over their hearts during the anthem today, in their living room.

Not U.S. Code protocol but A for effort.
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]