Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Mike McCarthy on the hot seat?

(This post was last modified: 11-08-2016, 04:49 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

Quote:Jaguars fans wanted Coughlin gone.

Eagles fans wanted Reid gone.

Both seem to be doing better than the teams they left.
Not to mention the fans wanted them gone at their previous teams(Jags and Eagles) but they excelled at their new teams (Chiefs and Giants) Giants won 2 SB and Chiefs have maybe the playoffs every year since Reid has been there i believe. Same would probably happen with MM if he came here

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Not to mention the fans wanted them gone at their previous teams(Jags and Eagles) but they excelled at their new teams (Chiefs and Giants) Giants won 2 SB and Chiefs have maybe the playoffs every year since Reid has been there i believe. Same would probably happen with MM if he came here

Kansas City has been good with Andy Reid. In 2013 the Chiefs started 5-0. Being in the AFC West prevented them from winning division titles.

Quote: 

What I believe Bon Jagley said is that the Chiefs are having a better season through this point in time than the Eagles are.   Time will tell if Doug Pederson will have the success of his former boss.

Correct

;

;

McCarthy is a decent HC but not going to set the world alight.

Kyle Shanahan/Todd Haley/Josh McDaniels would definitely have the Packers job as #1 in my opinion. HOF QB just waiting there along with one of the best run organisations in the NFL. Colts job will probably be #2.

Quote:McCarthy is a decent HC but not going to set the world alight.

Kyle Shanahan/Todd Haley/Josh McDaniels would definitely have the Packers job as #1 in my opinion. HOF QB just waiting there along with one of the best run organisations in the NFL. Colts job will probably be #2.

Josh McDaniels has already proven to be a failed HC. He is one of those "great coordinator, terrible head coach" people. Same goes for Todd Haley.

Quote:McCarthy is a decent HC but not going to set the world alight.

You really think Pagano will be fired year 1 of his 4 year contract extension? 

Quote:You really think Pagano will be fired year 1 of his 4 year contract extension? 

I still don't understand why he got an extension.

Quote:You really think Pagano will be fired year 1 of his 4 year contract extension?

I completely missed/forgot that ever happened. Yeah pretty unlikely then.

Quote:I completely missed/forgot that ever happened. Yeah pretty unlikely then.

If that did not happen he would not be coaching the Colts now. Last year he was a lame duck.

Quote:I completely missed/forgot that ever happened. Yeah pretty unlikely then.
Yeah the whole front office got extensions in January, which was rightly ridiculed at the time. 

Quote:Yeah the whole front office got extensions in January, which was rightly ridiculed at the time. 

It should still be ridiculed. The Colts have done nothing to get better this season.

Quote:Yeah the whole front office got extensions in January, which was rightly ridiculed at the time.

Grigson too? Jesus.

Quote:Josh McDaniels has already proven to be a failed HC. He is one of those "great coordinator, terrible head coach" people. Same goes for Todd Haley.
12 of the last 17 super bowls have had at least one coach in his second head coaching job. A lot of that comes from Belichick, whos patriots run is his second head coaching job. So the idea that these coaches failing once means they can never do it again is ridiculous.

Quote:12 of the last 17 super bowls have had at least one coach in his second head coaching job. A lot of that comes from Belichick, whos patriots run is his second head coaching job. So the idea that these coaches failing once means they can never do it again is ridiculous.

Look at the big picture. We have an offense moving backwards that needs to be put back on track. Can a very successful and reputable assistant accomplish that? The only way to find out is interview him.if he is interested.

Quote:12 of the last 17 super bowls have had at least one coach in his second head coaching job. A lot of that comes from Belichick, whos patriots run is his second head coaching job. So the idea that these coaches failing once means they can never do it again is ridiculous.

I would be happy to see the results of longtime assistants getting better jobs on other teams. It is just not my preference to go that route after seeing miserable results all four years a "great assistant, terrible HC" failing to help players live up to their potentials. At this point nothing is more important than who will get the world's most important job, When firing season starts, I might have some things to say about the candidates for those jobs based on realistic opt8ions.

(This post was last modified: 11-13-2016, 03:50 PM by GlockBortles.)

Packers are getting blown out by the same titans team that blew us out

Mccarthy still special fellas?

aaron doing everything he can to save that mans job

Wouldn't surprise me if Detroit won the division this year.  Minnesota and Green Bay stinking it up.

MM all the way, not the best, but exactly what we need. Everyone else is just going to be a Gus Bradley clone if they are brought here

MM all the way, not the best, but exactly what we need. Everyone else is just going to be a Gus Bradley clone if they are brought here