Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Bortles - Progress & Inconsistency - Merged Threads

(11-06-2017, 01:21 PM)spacecoastjag Wrote:
(11-05-2017, 11:49 PM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote: I still think we draft a guy, Henne is overpaid and does nothing. He sucks, there needs to be a solid #2 to develop in case Borltes takes a step back or gets hurt. Bortles has played well, he has looked great in some cases during games, BUT he still is in essence a game manager. Lets not go full Garrard again, give the dude a long, big contract and expect a whole different type of player. Restructure him for 2-3 years, draft a QB, and see what happens. He has done really well and glad to see his teammates showing him some love.

Clearly you don't know Tom Coughlin.

This draft--- both lines will be addressed and WR

(11-06-2017, 01:15 PM)Kane Wrote: You're high

Guess who's been right all along?! Not you!  Laughing
Right about what? What have I been wrong about so far?

Laughing 
Bortles going to NY?
C'mon troll. Try harder.

PS. Your love fest for this dude is bordering on sick.
I think he likes girls... you may be out of luck kid.

Bortles is playing much better (hoo ray) but he still isn't lighting it up and still has yet to prove he's the type of QB that can bring you back from being down.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(11-06-2017, 01:32 PM)Kane Wrote:
(11-06-2017, 01:21 PM)spacecoastjag Wrote:  Clearly you don't know Tom Coughlin.

This draft--- both lines will be addressed and WR

Guess who's been right all along?! Not you!  Laughing
Right about what? What have I been wrong about so far?

Laughing 
Bortles going to NY?
C'mon troll. Try harder.

PS. Your love fest for this dude is bordering on sick.
I think he likes girls... you may be out of luck kid.

Bortles is playing much better (hoo ray) but he still isn't lighting it up and still has yet to prove he's the type of QB that can bring you back from being down.

Yawn. You don't understand anything about football like most fans on here. This season has NOTHING to do with Bortles skill set and everything to do with coaching/leadership. 

I tried telling you clowns that DEFENSIVE POINTS allowed needs to be in the Top 10 for this team to make the playoffs along with better o line play. 

Last year, Gus Bradley's defense was #26 in points allowed per game. That's the reason the Jags lost 5-6 games within 7 points. 
  This year, Coughlin/Marrone's defense is #1 in points allowed per game. 

That's the difference when you have elite coaching and leadership. The Jags could easily win games now with Bortles airing it out 40-50 times a game IF THEY WANTED (2-0 without Fournette) OR they can win games like Coughlin wants and play smash mouth football----- it doesn't matter when you have an elite defense. You can win multiple ways.

Duval fans and media never got it---- was never a QB issue. It was a coaching issue.

(This post was last modified: 11-06-2017, 01:43 PM by Monty.)

(11-06-2017, 01:38 PM)spacecoastjag Wrote:   Yawn. You don't understand anything about football like most fans on here. This season has NOTHING to do with Bortles skill set and everything to do with coaching/leadership. 

I tried telling you clowns that DEFENSIVE POINTS allowed needs to be in the Top 10 for this team to make the playoffs along with better o line play. 

Last year, Gus Bradley's defense was #26 in points allowed per game. That's the reason the Jags lost 5-6 games within 7 points. 
  This year, Coughlin/Marrone's defense is #1 in points allowed per game. 

That's the difference when you have elite coaching and leadership. The Jags could easily win games now with Bortles airing it out 40-50 times a game IF THEY WANTED (2-0 without Fournette) OR they can win games like Coughlin wants and play smash mouth football----- it doesn't matter when you have an elite defense. You can win multiple ways.

Duval fans and media never got it---- was never a QB issue. It was a coaching issue.

You're one weird cat.
Huh

"You people on here know NOTHING about football!"

*continues to post anyway*

The Jags were 12 for 15 on third down conversions.

(11-06-2017, 01:01 PM)spacecoastjag Wrote:
(11-05-2017, 07:57 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Guys. He's making the intermediate throws count and the quick stuff. He's doing a good job. But the deep stuff still isn't there.

He's not winding up as much. We might can hide him another half season.

Sit down. 

As I told you, next year's draft by Coughlin will be ALL OL, WR, and more defense. If they draft a QB, it will be round 5-7.

In his eight years with the Jags Coughlin drafted three QBs in the 4th round or higher. Rumor has it that he wanted Joey Harrington in 2002. He traded a 3rd and 5th for Brunell.

Coughlin had no aversion to using a high draft pick on a QB, even when he already had Brunell.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

(This post was last modified: 11-06-2017, 01:51 PM by StroudCrowd1.)

Let's pump the brakes. While Bortles has looked decent the past couple of games, we have also been playing bottom feeders.

If Bortles stays consistent enough to take us to the playoffs, then lets re-evaluate this in January.

better play calling too.

i'm seeing a lot more play action passes and counter plays with designed rollouts.

(This post was last modified: 11-06-2017, 02:48 PM by Pdiddy.)

I know we won he he had a good game. But I'm still worried. The accuracy almost dug us a hole. And his tipped balls need to be corrected. Again threw ugly pass off someone's helmet. We arnt gonna get lucky everytime and it's gonna turn a game around a lose it for us. He has made tremendous strides in decision making. But I see a lot of Tennessee moment that we are getting lucky and not hurting us

Bortles has played substantially better the last few weeks--enough that the FO might feel comfortable with him playing out his 5th year option while they groom the QB they draft this year.

If he holds it together down the stretch, no need to buy Cousins. Just stay the course.

Bortles just might have bought himself more time to keep developing. I can see a scenario where we cut Henne and draft a guy in the second round for backup/developmental purposes. And use the other picks to add more talent and depth to the offense. TE in the first round, guard in the third, receiver (Tyreek Hill type) in the fourth and BAP 5-7. Get Robinson back next year with Hurns, Westbrook, Hill clone and Fournette, Yeldon, Ivory. That would be a nasty offense. Stay run heavy and let him see single coverages all game.

I’ve been down on Blake but it’s starting to look like it was the coaching and lack of talent around him. I would prefer he get it together so we stop playing qb roulette.

(11-06-2017, 03:43 PM)Etdavis2006 Wrote: Bortles just might have bought himself more time to keep developing. I can see a scenario where we cut Henne and draft a guy in the second round for backup/developmental purposes. And use the other picks to add more talent and depth to the offense. TE in the first round, guard in the third, receiver (Tyreek Hill type) in the fourth and BAP 5-7. Get Robinson back next year with Hurns, Westbrook, Hill clone and Fournette, Yeldon, Ivory. That would be a nasty offense. Stay run heavy and let him see single coverages all game.

I’ve been down on Blake but it’s starting to look like it was the coaching and lack of talent around him. I would prefer he get it together so we stop playing qb roulette.

I am only OK keeping him around IF he continues to play like he currently is. Unless a guy like Cousins hits the FA market, we have the best chance of success with a guy who already knows the system. Besides, our division isn't getting any better in a year.

We have to take a QB no matter what though.

A young player gets better over time.

I know. Earth shattering concept.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/sup...li=BBnb7Kz

^pretty great spot given how bad all you [mod edit] think the QB is

I agree with Space, he is the smartest person on this board

(11-06-2017, 04:20 PM)Ucf_Jag_1 Wrote: I agree with Space, he is the smartest person on this board
Bahaha

Perfect.

(This post was last modified: 11-06-2017, 04:49 PM by Ucf_Jag_1.)

(11-06-2017, 04:27 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(11-06-2017, 04:20 PM)Ucf_Jag_1 Wrote: I agree with Space, he is the smartest person on this board
Bahaha

Perfect.

Space had been right all along, you have been wrong all along.
Bahaha

Face it.

(11-06-2017, 04:48 PM)Ucf_Jag_1 Wrote:
(11-06-2017, 04:27 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Bahaha

Perfect.

Space had been right all along, you have been wrong all along.
Bahaha

Face it.
Well space... you've hit a new low.
Multiple different log in names just so someone will agree with you?
Sad...

(11-06-2017, 05:00 PM)Kane Wrote:
(11-06-2017, 04:48 PM)Ucf_Jag_1 Wrote: Space had been right all along, you have been wrong all along.
Bahaha

Face it.
Well space... you've hit a new low.
Sad...
We are not the same person

(11-06-2017, 05:03 PM)Ucf_Jag_1 Wrote:
(11-06-2017, 05:00 PM)Kane Wrote: Well space... you've hit a new low.
Sad...
We are not the same person

I don't believe you.