Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Bortles was brilliant today

Hackette is doing a great job with Bortles. His foot work is much better, his decisions are much better, and even his ball placement are much more accurate. I am thinking he may be able to take us deep in the playoffs if he keeps playing like this. He is improving at just the right time.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I think the game is finally slowing down for Bortles. The quality of his throws has improved dramatically the past couple of games in particular.

The Indy game could have been chalked up to Indy just stinking. But, Bortles faced a good pass rush and a solid defense today, and instead of getting happy feet and forcing things, he stepped up in the pocket and made plays. He's not making the unforced errors.

Not sure what switch was flipped, but with more consistency from his receivers, and a pretty clean pocket like he had today with good line play, they need to keep doing whatever it is. It's nice to win games we are supposed to. It's even better to win some we weren't expecting.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

(12-11-2017, 12:21 AM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote: Blake has been spinning it the last 2 games, and he is playing mistake free. There is no doubt he is taking steps in developing as a starting tier NFL QB. 16 TDs with 3 games to go isn't bad at all.

He didn't play bad against the Cardinals either. If even 1, or 2 of those multiple down field throws (that were dropped) are caught, that's a completely different game.

Honestly, the only real brain lapse Bortles has had this season, was in the final 2 minutes of the Chargers' game.

An absolute highlight was when that moron Bennett broke free and thought he had Bortles for a sack, Blake turned on the afterburners and left him in the turf, and threw a completion.

(12-11-2017, 02:00 AM)jseymour Wrote: Hackette is doing a great job with Bortles. His foot work is much better, his decisions are much better, and even his ball placement are much more accurate. I am thinking he may be able to take us deep in the playoffs if he keeps playing like this. He is improving at just the right time.

Hackett is the offensive coordinator, and he's doing a good job, but the QB coach is (I think) Milanovich.   It's strange, we never seem to hear anything about Milanovich.  I had to go to Jaguars.com to look up the QB coach.

Best game of the season for him yesterday. He's improving week on week. Long may it continue.

(12-11-2017, 07:43 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(12-11-2017, 02:00 AM)jseymour Wrote: Hackette is doing a great job with Bortles. His foot work is much better, his decisions are much better, and even his ball placement are much more accurate. I am thinking he may be able to take us deep in the playoffs if he keeps playing like this. He is improving at just the right time.

Hackett is the offensive coordinator, and he's doing a good job, but the QB coach is (I think) Milanovich.   It's strange, we never seem to hear anything about Milanovich.  I had to go to Jaguars.com to look up the QB coach.

Blake mentions him quite a bit
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Bortles finally has a comfort level in Hackett's system. His pocket presence has really improved and he's making the right reads and accurate passes.

I think a lot of it had to do with getting comfortable with the new receivers.

His mechanics look good because he's comfortable in the pocket because the protection is solid and the receivers suddenly catch the ball because he knows the offense to go to the right place so the game slows down and he can make good throws.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Why hasn't upper posted in here yet? I need to know why I shouldn't be encouraged by this performance. And how it's impossible for a player with Blake's limitations to possibly develop at this point in his career.

With Bortles in previous seasons, not only was he throwing too many picks but the majority of them were alley-oops to the other team with either pick 6's or setting them up deep on our side of the field. He's not only reduced the number of interceptions this season, but no pick sixes and very few if any interceptions that put the opponent in position to score immediately. And he's moving the ball effectively now to boot.

And he doesn't get hurt. All the good young QBs are getting injured.

(12-10-2017, 09:56 PM)JackCity Wrote: Bortles best performance as a Jaguar.

... I swear I've read this somewhere before...
I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

I'm happy to eat crow about this guy. Keep it up.

(12-11-2017, 12:09 PM)Deacon Wrote:
(12-10-2017, 09:56 PM)JackCity Wrote: Bortles best performance as a Jaguar.

... I swear I've read this somewhere before...

Yeah. It's crossed my mind after three games this year. It's a good indication he's made a step forward. 

If this line can stay healthy - he may just make me think it again before this season wraps.

Bortles may be the future
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

Let's not forget that Bortles is only 25 years old

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

(12-11-2017, 02:12 AM)FBT Wrote: I think the game is finally slowing down for Bortles. The quality of his throws has improved dramatically the past couple of games in particular.

The Indy game could have been chalked up to Indy just stinking. But, Bortles faced a good pass rush and a solid defense today, and instead of getting happy feet and forcing things, he stepped up in the pocket and made plays. He's not making the unforced errors.

Not sure what switch was flipped, but with more consistency from his receivers, and a pretty clean pocket like he had today with good line play, they need to keep doing whatever it is. It's nice to win games we are supposed to. It's even better to win some we weren't expecting.

I agree. It does look like it's slowing down for him. Doesn't look as clunky and messy on offense, and i think that's due to him grasping the offense as a whole and becoming more confident with our success

(12-11-2017, 07:39 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: Bortles may be the future

I've pretty much come to the conclusion that he pretty much IS the future for now.  Watching him play this season, he has improved quite a bit and is stepping his game up when it matters.  I can see him getting a decent contract and the team drafting a rookie to develop.

People can argue and throw stats out all day long, but look at where the team is right now.  9-4 looking at the playoffs.  People can say "yes but he hasn't put the offense on his shoulders", yet the last two games he's pretty much done just that.  I'm not saying that he was the sole reason that the offense has played well lately, but he's doing what he needs to do, making plays and not turning the ball over at critical moments.

Forget blowing money on a free agent.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.