Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Bortles was brilliant today

I think he may have had one bad throw the whole day.  He even used audibles  for positive plays.  Bortles made accurate throws, made the right calls, and remained turnover free.  Bortles could earn that option this offseason if he continues to play solid like this.

Kudos Bortles!
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I have been itching about his ball placement but he nailed it today. Nice touch on the ball as well. Two in a row with positives against a tough D as well. I hope this builds and builds.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

Agreed. He is showing maturity. And why he should be an Elite QB and a Jag next year.

JagsIbelieve if Blake keeps rocking. I will eat crow and say I am wrong. But he rocked today.

I was upset cause didn't get first down from own 1 yard line. But... Blake is the Goat today.
Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

He had a great game today!

He was really good today, very happy to see that, the moment where Seattle tied it up to 10-10 I thought it was going to go downhill if the offense went 3 and out, BB responded big time, hope he keeps this up, was a huge factor in the win.

This is the first time I can really remember that Bortles won the game. It was amazing and if he keeps it up the sky's the limit.
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

This guy really is Jekyll & Hyde isn't he. He was near perfect tonight.

That's 2 really good performances in a row against good defenses. Even with the injuries, Seattle has been solid. Of course, Upper will be here soon to say Seattle doesn't know how to travel well like Baltimore
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(This post was last modified: 12-10-2017, 09:20 PM by jaglyn.)

He played great. I do not blame him for the last couple of series, the coaches were being really conservative to try and kill the clock and win the game. Bad Bortles could have easily surfaced and gave up a turnover.

(12-10-2017, 09:14 PM)JNev Wrote: This guy really is Jekyll & Hyde isn't he. He was near perfect tonight.

Jekyll and Hyde is rather extreme

Yep, I gotta say Bortles looked hot today. A lot his throws were perfectly placed. If he plays like this the rest of the year, it will be difficult to move on from him. He has been inconsistent over the years, but maybe things are clicking now. I say we still draft/acquire a QB at some point, just to have someone to keep Bortles honest. But for today, Bortles has my respect. And that is taking a lot for me to admit.

(This post was last modified: 12-10-2017, 09:27 PM by Rockman1966.)

Blkae Borltes!!!

Need to lock up the franchise qb with a new contact

In a previous era of football, a QB was not considered NFL-ready until their 4th or 5th season. We may be witnessing the the dawning of the real Blake Bortles. Damn, he was good today.
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

I got to wonder if playing against the same style of defense as the Jaguars gave him an advantage.  He was essentially facing the seattle defense in practice most of the year.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

(12-10-2017, 09:29 PM)rollerjag Wrote: In a previous era of football, a QB was not considered NFL-ready until their 4th or 5th season. We may be witnessing the the dawning of the real Blake Bortles. Damn, he was good today.

To Blake's credit.  He had to learn several new playbook and systems.  And had to be special without 2 of his best receivers.
Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

It’s December and he is playing his best ball. That’s a good sign, especially with playoffs around the corner.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

he ha had one bad half and a bad 2 min all season i think we can live with that kind of production looking at mariint play and other qbs ill take him

(12-10-2017, 09:29 PM)rollerjag Wrote: In a previous era of football, a QB was not considered NFL-ready until their 4th or 5th season. We may be witnessing the the dawning of the real Blake Bortles. Damn, he was good today.

They said today that Blake and a comment that his footwork really started sticking with him in the Baltimore game and he's been solid to great since. 

I hope so man. I really like Bortles as a person, and if he can be that guy, that would be awesome. I've said before, I refuse to judge anyone who's HC was Gus. People try to want a QB to be elite from the start. Sometimes they need some development and Blake was raw coming out. I'm rooting for him.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

I’ll eat some crow today. What I love is the touch he’s putting in fades and the deep balls are getting more accurate. Good to see him build on what’s he’s done and maintain it against a solid defense. His accuracy on all those crossing routes was impressive