Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Players Saw the Penalty Discrepancy

(This post was last modified: 01-22-2018, 11:57 AM by tyus.)

(01-22-2018, 09:14 AM)sfljaguarsfan Wrote:
(01-22-2018, 09:11 AM)rfc17 Wrote: I'm sure the refs get a little starry eyed at times.  It's human nature.  Who wouldnt want to be there for a great comeback.  

The one that I think is most funny is the picture early on in this thread where our WR is getting horse collared, facemasked, and interfered with all in one play.  I wonder if the ref got flustered and wasnt sure what to call and by the time he made up his mind, it was too late to throw the flag.

Lol, oh u mean my signature? Anybody else find it funny the Pats fans have seemed to get awfully quiet here since my signature got updated with this pic?

Pats clearly played a penalty free game on offense and defense. So disciplined

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

They let them play for the most part, they called the blatant PI and yes that includes the one at the end of the half the CB knocks cooks out of bounds with the ball in the air that's PI. Hell they didn't call the one when the CB was all ove Gronk or when they hit Hogan long before the ball got there. People make it sound like JAGS HAD A TON OF PENALTIES.. they had 6!! 3 of which were false starts or delay of game, and one an easy personal foul penalty! And then 2 OBVIOUS PI. So stop with the "refs didn't call anything on them" they basically called ones they had to on the Jags. Sigh

Can't blame this on the refs. The Jags blew the game all by themselves, without any help from the refs. Why did they stop throwing to Corey Grant?

(01-22-2018, 11:56 AM)Patriot71 Wrote: They let them play for the most part, they called the blatant PI and yes that includes the one at the end of the half the CB knocks cooks out of bounds with the ball in the air that's PI. Hell they didn't call the one when the CB was all ove Gronk or when they hit Hogan long before the ball got there. People make it sound like JAGS HAD A TON OF PENALTIES.. they had 6!! 3 of which were false starts or delay of game, and one an easy personal foul penalty! And then 2 OBVIOUS PI. So stop with the "refs didn't call anything on them" they basically called ones they had to on the Jags. Sigh
You're missing the point here big guy.

Call. The game. Evenly. If you're going to call PI on the Jags, you have to also call it on the Pats. One penalty all game and it was on a kick return. That doesn't happen and shouldn't happen.

You also don't understand the rules of the NFL either. That was not PI on Bouye before half. Go look at every single ex-player talking about that play. It was the wrong call.

(This post was last modified: 01-22-2018, 12:04 PM by Mowerguy.)

Players play, coaches coach and cheaters cheat.....the way of the NFL

Arguing with the cheatriot idiots here is pointless.
Maybe the mods will just ban their fanboy butts.
Please....I for one am sick of them.
And please God can we have them for a home game next year?
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

(01-22-2018, 12:00 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(01-22-2018, 11:56 AM)Patriot71 Wrote: They let them play for the most part, they called the blatant PI and yes that includes the one at the end of the half the CB knocks cooks out of bounds with the ball in the air that's PI. Hell they didn't call the one when the CB was all ove Gronk or when they hit Hogan long before the ball got there. People make it sound like JAGS HAD A TON OF PENALTIES.. they had 6!! 3 of which were false starts or delay of game, and one an easy personal foul penalty! And then 2 OBVIOUS PI. So stop with the "refs didn't call anything on them" they basically called ones they had to on the Jags. Sigh
You're missing the point here big guy.

Call. The game. Evenly. If you're going to call PI on the Jags, you have to also call it on the Pats. One penalty all game and it was on a kick return. That doesn't happen and shouldn't happen.

You also don't understand the rules of the NFL either. That was not PI on Bouye before half. Go look at every single ex-player talking about that play. It was the wrong call.

He’s a Brady Pats fan, he will never admit it or understand it until Brady is gone and suddenly they aren’t getting the calls anymore. Then suddenly officiating will matter again.
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(This post was last modified: 01-22-2018, 12:15 PM by Patriot71.)

(01-22-2018, 03:28 AM)Eric1 Wrote:
(01-22-2018, 03:10 AM)Jest101 Wrote: You can google stories about this on multiple sources right now (including Washington Post).  Also, check Twitter, pretty much everyone except Pats fans admit the rig is on for the Pats.

Literally EVERYBODY, but Pats fans, believe they were favored by the refs. Fans of other teams, players of other teams, the media, etc etc.

It's one thing for us Jag fans to be a little upset about the officiating, for obvious reasons, but when everybody else is chiming in with the same exact feelings and thoughts about this bull.. It's pretty damn telling.

(01-22-2018, 12:04 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(01-22-2018, 12:00 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: You're missing the point here big guy.

He’s a Brady Pats fan, he will never admit it or understand it until Brady is gone and suddenly they aren’t getting the calls anymore. Then suddenly officiating will matter again.

How do you know what will happen after Brady's gone? I sure don't. And even if they never won again I'm good. I was there when they were Jag like and I'd be there again. They're my team. It's been a crazy run.

They get fewer penalties because they are better coached and disciplined.

The six penalties were penalties. It's not complicated.

(01-22-2018, 12:11 PM)Patriot71 Wrote:
(01-22-2018, 03:28 AM)Eric1 Wrote: Literally EVERYBODY, but Pats fans, believe they were favored by the refs. Fans of other teams, players of other teams, the media, etc etc.

It's one thing for us Jag fans to be a little upset about the officiating, for obvious reasons, but when everybody else is chiming in with the same exact feelings and thoughts about this bull.. It's pretty damn telling.

(01-22-2018, 12:04 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: He’s a Brady Pats fan, he will never admit it or understand it until Brady is gone and suddenly they aren’t getting the calls anymore. Then suddenly officiating will matter again.

How do you know what will happen after Brady's gone? I sure don't. And even if they never won again I'm good. I was there when they were Jag like and I'd be there again. They're my team. It's been a crazy run.

So many great universities in the area... but the city itself has the dumbest people in the world.

(01-22-2018, 12:11 PM)Patriot71 Wrote:
(01-22-2018, 03:28 AM)Eric1 Wrote: Literally EVERYBODY, but Pats fans, believe they were favored by the refs. Fans of other teams, players of other teams, the media, etc etc.

(01-22-2018, 12:04 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: He’s a Brady Pats fan, he will never admit it or understand it until Brady is gone and suddenly they aren’t getting the calls anymore. Then suddenly officiating will matter again.

Spoken like a true Pat fan. Ref bias = discipline. Got it.

Are there really some kooks on our board trying to persuade Jags fans that the cheatriots only committed one friggin penalty during that game? Pitifully laughable. Sorry but the video evidence is abundantly clear that was not near the case. There is simply no way to say that the game was fairly officiated. Period. You all know it, I know it, the players know it, the league knows and the entire damn world knows it.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(01-22-2018, 12:25 PM)Jagwired Wrote: Are there really some kooks on our board trying to persuade Jags fans that the cheatriots only committed one friggin penalty during that game? Pitifully laughable. Sorry but the video evidence is abundantly clear that was not near the case. There is simply no way to say that the game was fairly officiated. Period. You all know it, I know it, the players know it, the league knows and the entire damn world knows it.

Like certain "groups", these people truly live in their own bubble.

The Jags just got called for another bogus PI.....
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(This post was last modified: 01-22-2018, 12:39 PM by Patriot71.)

(01-22-2018, 12:17 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(01-22-2018, 12:11 PM)Patriot71 Wrote: How do you know what will happen after Brady's gone? I sure don't. And even if they never won again I'm good. I was there when they were Jag like and I'd be there again. They're my team. It's been a crazy run.

So many great universities in the area... but the city itself has the dumbest people in the world.

Such irony.

I the Jags ever become winners you'll appreciate the whining.

OBVIOUS?!?! The penalty on Bouye while he was covering Cooks was the most ticky-tacky call considering Cooks was shoving him the whole way down the field, Bouye had perfect positioning, Cooks took a bad angle (since Bouye had better inside position) stepped out of bounds, and to top it off IT WASN'T A CATCHABLE BALL. If anything an argument can be made for Illegal Contact, but PI? thats a 40 yard swing that puts them into the redzone with less than a minute rather than moving the ball 5 yards. The one on Jalen i'll give you. And the Gronk one would not have been called if it was a Pats defender on a Jags passcatcher and everyone here knows it.

Pats got away with murder. The supppeerrrr late delay of game penalty and the early whistle on Jacks fumble recovery were game changers. The NFL will look into the clear bias, and hopefully when the Pats come down to Duval next year they wont get any help from the men in stripes to screw the Jags.

Patriots played well enough to win and executed the plays they needed to, hats off to them. But you're kidding yourself if you think that the Pats didn't commit a SINGLE penalty on Offense or Defense given the soft nature of the calls they got the other way. We'll see you again in the 904 next season, and you better bring your A game since It'll be in prime time with the refs briefed to let em play.. believe that.
Championship Formula:

1) Draft Trevor Lawrence!
2) Play good physical Defense! 
3) Keep 91% of the roster healthy!
4) ???
5) Blank #2
6) CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

The Pats left the field with the win. What they didn't leave the field with was the knowledge that they earned the W as players and men. They, to a man know they got their [BLEEP] handed to them and were gifted a W. Everyone knows.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

[Image: 26815127_1964758426886719_29628221515313...e=5AE02032]
My sig goes here!

Look, not accounting for the officiating is our own fault. Patriots = Duke basketball. Everyone that follows college basketball knows that if you go play at Duke, you'd better allow another 8-10 points for the officiating bias. For the Patriots, it's maybe a touchdown.

Anyway, there's not much arguable about the bias in yesterday's game. Zero penalties on offense or defense?......nope, sorry, doesn't happen. Unless you force it to happen.

(01-22-2018, 12:42 PM)Firesky Wrote:

OBVIOUS?!?! The penalty on Bouye while he was covering Cooks was the most ticky-tacky call considering Cooks was shoving him the whole way down the field, Bouye had perfect positioning, Cooks took a bad angle (since Bouye had better inside position) stepped out of bounds, and to top it off IT WASN'T A CATCHABLE BALL. If anything an argument can be made for Illegal Contact, but PI? thats a 40 yard swing that puts them into the redzone with less than a minute rather than moving the ball 5 yards. The one on Jalen i'll give you. And the Gronk one would not have been called if it was a Pats defender on a Jags passcatcher and everyone here knows it.

Pats got away with murder. The supppeerrrr late delay of game penalty and the early whistle on Jacks fumble recovery were game changers. The NFL will look into the clear bias, and hopefully when the Pats come down to Duval next year they wont get any help from the men in stripes to screw the Jags.

Patriots played well enough to win and executed the plays they needed to, hats off to them. But you're kidding yourself if you think that the Pats didn't commit a SINGLE penalty on Offense or Defense given the soft nature of the calls they got the other way. We'll see you again in the 904 next season, and you better bring your A game since It'll be in prime time with the refs briefed to let em play.. believe that.

Cooks was trying to cut back in and was mauled out of bounds. Easy call on a very catchable Ball. The Gronk call was even easier. That gets called 100% of the time.

lol
Huh

The Patriots against everyone. The way it's meant to be.