Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Leonard Fournette Out Indefinitely

told ya'll not to draft him

told ya'll taven bryant is another horrible pick

but ye neg away

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 10-02-2018, 01:55 PM by Krayz_Jville_D.)

(10-02-2018, 11:53 AM)Upper Wrote: Yep, 8 man box =/= stacked box. If we have 9 in the box and the defense has 8 in the box then it's a normal box, it's not stacked. And that's how most of Fournette's runs are.

If we're in 11 personnel and there's still 8 in the box then it's a stacked box, but I'd guess you can count on one hand the number of times Fournette has run into that.

I know exactly what a stacked box is and that is what the stat at the time was referring too

it meant teams always crept a safety into the box and usually played 1 safety deep and 1 on 1 on the outside

and I am not trying to defend fournette, dude is done as far as I am concerned, I'm just making sure the facts are strait

ya speaking of taven bryan.... dude has legit been as invisible as it gets...

(10-02-2018, 01:38 PM)paksat Wrote: told ya'll not to draft him

but ye neg away

Who's Taven Bryant?
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(10-02-2018, 01:54 PM)Krayz_Jville_D Wrote:
(10-02-2018, 11:53 AM)Upper Wrote: Yep, 8 man box =/= stacked box. If we have 9 in the box and the defense has 8 in the box then it's a normal box, it's not stacked. And that's how most of Fournette's runs are.

If we're in 11 personnel and there's still 8 in the box then it's a stacked box, but I'd guess you can count on one hand the number of times Fournette has run into that.

I know exactly what a stacked box is and that is what the stat at the time was referring too

it meant teams always crept a safety into the box and usually played 1 safety deep and 1 on 1 on the outside

and I am not trying to defend fournette, dude is done as far as I am concerned, I'm just making sure the facts are strait

Yea why hasn’t our 4th DT/4th DE racked up 6 sacks yet?

(10-02-2018, 12:36 PM)Mikey Wrote:
(10-01-2018, 05:06 PM)FBT Wrote: Who are you cutting to sign another running back?

Let's take a deep breath and think before we react.

Put 4net on IR, silly.

Wilds...

(10-02-2018, 01:54 PM)Krayz_Jville_D Wrote:

Actually, Taven has been pretty good considering how little playing time he gets. I've seen him bulldoze an Olineman right into the QBs lap. He's going to be good.

(10-02-2018, 02:26 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(10-02-2018, 01:54 PM)Krayz_Jville_D Wrote: I know exactly what a stacked box is and that is what the stat at the time was referring too

Actually, Taven has been pretty good considering how little playing time he gets. I've seen him bulldoze an Olineman right into the QBs lap. He's going to be good.

Anybody that thought he was going to come in and rack up a lot of playing time right away is pretty clueless.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(10-02-2018, 12:52 PM)DangerousBoy Wrote:
(10-01-2018, 08:29 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I consider a "bust" to be a guy who doesn't live up to the expectations when he plays. Fournette has been disappointing, because of injuries. That's not his fault. When he plays, he good.

So with that definition, was Justin Blackmon a bust?

Yes, because Justin Blackmon's alcohol issues were his own doing.

Darkwa would be a good add at this point of the year. Runs hard and physical, not a creative runner by any means but he'd do well in our run scheme

(10-02-2018, 09:45 AM)Upper Wrote: Looks like we need yet another stacked box refresher. A stacked box is when there are more defenders in the box than offensive players. If we have 5 oline, Blake, LF, TE, FB, 2 WR that's us putting 9 in the box. If the defense is playing 8 in the box in that situation it's not a stacked box, it's just a normal reaction to our personnel.

Fournette faced very few actual stacked boxes. No defenses were looking at us playing in 11 personnel and leaving a WR completely uncovered so they could keep an extra player in the box out of fear of LF. Just didn't happen, sorry.

This is utter nonsense. The QB and the RB don't count because they aren't blockers.

What you just described is 7 blockers against 8 defenders in the box which is a stacked box.

(10-02-2018, 01:38 PM)paksat Wrote: told ya'll not to draft him

but ye neg away

What does Taven Bryan have to do with any of this lol? Also he's a rookie, he's not supposed to be a HOFer on day 1. But if you actually watched the tape, on the Yannick Sack he BLEW UP the LG and crushed the pocket and that's just one example of him being disruptive. Bryan will be fine, especially with the tutelage he'll get from our high caliber Dline.

Fournette may have some injuries, but you absolutely cannot deny his talent when healthy. Much like Fred Taylor's early career, he's dynamic when he plays and *knock on wood* none of his injuries are of the season ending/career altering variety. Once his body adapts to the NFL and he figures out how to take care of his body as a professional... he'll lead the league in rushing. lmao at the bust label, this kid is one of the most dynamic RB's to come out of the draft in recent memory
Championship Formula:

1) Draft Trevor Lawrence!
2) Play good physical Defense! 
3) Keep 91% of the roster healthy!
4) ???
5) Blank #2
6) CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

(This post was last modified: 10-02-2018, 07:18 PM by TearExtractor.)

Too many "ifs" and "when". Its currently an "aint".

(10-02-2018, 06:35 PM)Predator Wrote:
(10-02-2018, 09:45 AM)Upper Wrote: Looks like we need yet another stacked box refresher. A stacked box is when there are more defenders in the box than offensive players. If we have 5 oline, Blake, LF, TE, FB, 2 WR that's us putting 9 in the box. If the defense is playing 8 in the box in that situation it's not a stacked box, it's just a normal reaction to our personnel.

Fournette faced very few actual stacked boxes. No defenses were looking at us playing in 11 personnel and leaving a WR completely uncovered so they could keep an extra player in the box out of fear of LF. Just didn't happen, sorry.

This is utter nonsense. The QB and the RB don't count because they aren't blockers.

What you just described is 7 blockers against 8 defenders in the box which is a stacked box.

This ^

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

The Fournette injury might be a blessing in disguise. I hate centering the offense around a RB and trying to be a power running team when the rules of the game are tailor made for passing. Centering around a RB is archaic and so out of style. It literally makes no sense to not throw the ball now a days. Guys are getting 15 yard penalties by literally falling on a QB. WR's get a whole bunch of advantages. How many QB's threw for over 300 yards this past week? Shoot 400 yards is now the new 300 yards, I mean 5 QB's literally threw for over 400 yards this past week. What we may be seeing is a changing of identity for the Jaguars. Start of the season the identity on offense was power running football and ball control. What is it now? If you ask anyone what the identity of the Jags O is right now nobody would have an answer. What we are seeing though is they are throwing the football much more now that Fournette is out, and I love every damn second of it. I really do hope this continues when Fournette returns, whenever that is, and that is the biggest question for this offense.

(10-02-2018, 06:35 PM)Predator Wrote:

Nah they count it by number of players not blockers. Otherwise 11 personnel would only include 5 blockers vs 4 dlineman, a mike, and a will...which is 5 blockers vs 6 in the box. Obviously that doesn't count as a stacked box or literally every damn play would be vs a stacked box.

(10-02-2018, 07:34 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: The Fournette injury might be a blessing in disguise. I hate centering the offense around a RB and trying to be a power running team when the rules of the game are tailor made for passing. Centering around a RB is archaic and so out of style. It literally makes no sense to not throw the ball now a days. Guys are getting 15 yard penalties by literally falling on a QB. WR's get a whole bunch of advantages. How many QB's threw for over 300 yards this past week? Shoot 400 yards is now the new 300 yards, I mean 5 QB's literally threw for over 400 yards this past week. What we may be seeing is a changing of identity for the Jaguars. Start of the season the identity on offense was power running football and ball control. What is it now? If you ask anyone what the identity of the Jags O is right now nobody would have an answer. What we are seeing though is they are throwing the football much more now that Fournette is out, and I love every damn second of it. I really do hope this continues when Fournette returns, whenever that is, and that is the biggest question for this offense.

The game isn't about "style".  Many fans want to see more passing, longer passes, etc., but the game is still the game.  If a team can run the ball for 4+ yards consistently every possession, they are going to be a tough team to beat.  Throw in a capable passing threat and it makes it that much tougher for opposing defenses.  The thing is, the team has to have a good defense.

The big key is having manageable 3rd downs.  If the running game gets 8+ yards on 1st and 2nd down it opens up the passing game.

Exhibit A is the New England Patriots.  Shut their passing attack down and you beat them.  Their defense is not very good.

Exhibit B is the Pittsburgh Steelers.  Without Leveon Bell they have become one dimensional and are horrible this season.  Their defense is nowhere near what it was in days of old.

Exhibit C is the Titans (bleh).  They win by running the ball rather than throwing it.  They also have a pretty good defense.

I could go on, but to say that a power running game is "archaic and out of style" is simply not the case.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(10-02-2018, 09:40 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(10-02-2018, 07:34 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: The Fournette injury might be a blessing in disguise. I hate centering the offense around a RB and trying to be a power running team when the rules of the game are tailor made for passing. Centering around a RB is archaic and so out of style. It literally makes no sense to not throw the ball now a days. Guys are getting 15 yard penalties by literally falling on a QB. WR's get a whole bunch of advantages. How many QB's threw for over 300 yards this past week? Shoot 400 yards is now the new 300 yards, I mean 5 QB's literally threw for over 400 yards this past week. What we may be seeing is a changing of identity for the Jaguars. Start of the season the identity on offense was power running football and ball control. What is it now? If you ask anyone what the identity of the Jags O is right now nobody would have an answer. What we are seeing though is they are throwing the football much more now that Fournette is out, and I love every damn second of it. I really do hope this continues when Fournette returns, whenever that is, and that is the biggest question for this offense.

The game isn't about "style".  Many fans want to see more passing, longer passes, etc., but the game is still the game.  If a team can run the ball for 4+ yards consistently every possession, they are going to be a tough team to beat.  Throw in a capable passing threat and it makes it that much tougher for opposing defenses.  The thing is, the team has to have a good defense.

The big key is having manageable 3rd downs.  If the running game gets 8+ yards on 1st and 2nd down it opens up the passing game.

Exhibit A is the New England Patriots.  Shut their passing attack down and you beat them.  Their defense is not very good.

Exhibit B is the Pittsburgh Steelers.  Without Leveon Bell they have become one dimensional and are horrible this season.  Their defense is nowhere near what it was in days of old.

Exhibit C is the Titans (bleh).  They win by running the ball rather than throwing it.  They also have a pretty good defense.

I could go on, but to say that a power running game is "archaic and out of style" is simply not the case.
I respectfully disagree, but I do want to say that I do not mean abandon the run. Yes absolutely you need balance. Look at the Chiefs, all the talk about Mahomes and you got Hunt going for 120+ on 19 carries. What I'm saying is centering the gameplan around a RB in today's game is simply just dumb. The rules today are for passing. They didn't draft 4nette #4 and pay Norwell the highest guard in the league for nothing. They want to be running identity and I just don't understand that philosophy in today's game. They want to feature Fournette as the centerpiece, and now that he isn't in they are featuring Blake. I love it to. You absolutely need to run the ball, no question about it. Right now though this offense is not the identity they set out to be at the start of the season. My question is, what will this Jags O be when Fournette returns.

(10-02-2018, 09:55 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: If I'm Marrone, I'm looking at the schedule and I'm resting/rehabbing him until the team prepares to travel to London in three weeks.  If he tests well, he makes the trip. If he tests poorly he stays home and rests until the squealers come to town in November.

I'd say put him in bubble wrap until after the bye week. Gives him 5 weeks to rehab and heal up. That'll also be the 1/2 way mark of our regular season.

(10-02-2018, 09:54 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote:
(10-02-2018, 09:40 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: The game isn't about "style".  Many fans want to see more passing, longer passes, etc., but the game is still the game.  If a team can run the ball for 4+ yards consistently every possession, they are going to be a tough team to beat.  Throw in a capable passing threat and it makes it that much tougher for opposing defenses.  The thing is, the team has to have a good defense.

I respectfully disagree, but I do want to say that I do not mean abandon the run. Yes absolutely you need balance. Look at the Chiefs, all the talk about Mahomes and you got Hunt going for 120+ on 19 carries. What I'm saying is centering the gameplan around a RB in today's game is simply just dumb. The rules today are for passing. They didn't draft 4nette #4 and pay Norwell the highest guard in the league for nothing. They want to be running identity and I just don't understand that philosophy in today's game. They want to feature Fournette as the centerpiece, and now that he isn't in they are featuring Blake. I love it to. You absolutely need to run the ball, no question about it. Right now though this offense is not the identity they set out to be at the start of the season. My question is, what will this Jags O be when Fournette returns.

This is a very superficial view of what's going on. Overly simplified and largely inaccurate. 

They alter their approach with every single opponent and it is never as simple as that generalization.