Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Leonard Fournette Out Indefinitely

(This post was last modified: 10-01-2018, 05:02 PM by minihulk32.)

Since fournette has been listed as out for a while.

Who is a running back we can pick up? Bo Scarborough is on the cowboys practice squad. Anyone else know of any decent options?

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/24862...definitely

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Who are you cutting to sign another running back?

Let's take a deep breath and think before we react.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Not really. Bo is a good suggestion. Hopefully they can keep getting by with Yeldon and Grant.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Yeldon, Grant, and Wilds.

I think they'll just roll with Yeldon, Grant and Wilds unless one of those guys lands on the injury report.

The team recently worked out Jeremy Langford, so he's an option. I think Charcandrick West is out there. He's a bit interesting. Also Orleans Darkwa is a FA still.

MRI showed no damage to the hamstring. I think the "indefinitely" tag is just because it could be 2 weeks or 5 weeks, who knows.

They'll probably wrinkle in some more of those Bortles keepers/options in the ground game too.

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(10-01-2018, 05:19 PM)Caldrac Wrote: They'll probably wrinkle in some more of those Bortles keepers/options in the ground game too.

We also saw a WR sweep or end-around yesterday.  Wouldn't shock me to see that get mixed in with the speed we carry at WR.

It's a tough situation. Yeldon's health moving forward is huge and this situation is why I suggested they take a RB in the draft. Grant they don't like to use as a runner and can't be used to block and I've seen nothing good out of Wilds. Wilds is good for a 4th and short, but that's about it, and IMO since we already have a FB (Bohannon) who should be capable of doing that didn't see the point of having him. If Yeldon were to go down, running game would be in a lot of trouble. Because of this I would think they'd continue putting the ball in Blake's hands and letting him be the focal point.

As for bringing a RB in, this would obviously be the easiest position to bring a player in midseason. I don't see that happening unless Yeldon gets hurt though.

(This post was last modified: 10-01-2018, 05:44 PM by jvillejagsn1.)

My guess is they rest him until after the bye week. But hamstring's linger and this could last if he doesn't rest it up and heal it up. So could be a while.
Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

we'll be fine with Yeldon and Grant.....and Wilds needs to step up .
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

The benefit here would be a healthy/fresh legged Fournette for late season and playoffs. That could be huge.

Fournette is entering bust territory.  I can't remember a stretch where he has been healthy.  One injury after the next.  It's nothing he can control but as Bill Parcells  says, "the best ability is availability."    Good back when healthy but will he ever be able to remain healthy remains to be seen.  Fred Taylor got the nickname "fragile fred" before he proved he could stay healthy.  I hope Fournette has better luck.  Team should put him on short IR and bring him back when that hamstring is 100%.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

(10-01-2018, 05:06 PM)FBT Wrote: Who are you cutting to sign another running back?

Let's take a deep breath and think before we react.

Wilds is expendable and IMO upgradable. He could even revert back to the PS if they were to cut him. I’m not sure I would feel all warm and fuzzy if something were to happen to Yeldon and we had to rely on Wilds for extensive PT in a timeshare with Grant.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(10-01-2018, 06:03 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: Fournette is entering bust territory. I can't remember a stretch where he has been healthy.  One injury after the next.  It's nothing he can control but as Bill Parcells  says, "the best ability is availability."    Good back when healthy but will he ever be able to remain healthy remains to be seen.  Fred Taylor got the nickname "fragile fred" before he proved he could stay healthy.  I hope Fournette has better luck.  Team should put him on short IR and bring him back when that hamstring is 100%.

Good god

(10-01-2018, 06:09 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote:
(10-01-2018, 06:03 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: Fournette is entering bust territory. I can't remember a stretch where he has been healthy.  One injury after the next.  It's nothing he can control but as Bill Parcells  says, "the best ability is availability."    Good back when healthy but will he ever be able to remain healthy remains to be seen.  Fred Taylor got the nickname "fragile fred" before he proved he could stay healthy.  I hope Fournette has better luck.  Team should put him on short IR and bring him back when that hamstring is 100%.

Good god

While I am not saying bust.  It is concerning, when he comes back he will have basically missed half a season.  So 11 games out of 32 in the best case scenario.  It is not something to just laugh off.  And that is if he stays healthy the rest of the year.

(10-01-2018, 06:22 PM)surfon Wrote:
(10-01-2018, 06:09 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: Good god

While I am not saying bust.  It is concerning, when he comes back he will have basically missed half a season.  So 11 games out of 32 in the best case scenario.  It is not something to just laugh off.  And that is if he stays healthy the rest of the year.
He’s not Zeke. That was the plan when he was drafted but he’s not even close to Zekes level.

(This post was last modified: 10-01-2018, 07:02 PM by JaguarJosh05.)

I guess keep him out until after the bye when we're going to have to make our run. Assuming when he's "good to go" he won't be jogging at half speed and actually look somewhat explosive. Something just doesn't feel right about him and his role on this team... Like someone said earlier I think Bo Scarborough would be a decent pick up and just release Wilds. Put Fournette on IR. My dude is becoming an after thought quickly.
No pain, no gain.

(10-01-2018, 06:03 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: Fournette is entering bust territory.  I can't remember a stretch where he has been healthy.  One injury after the next.  It's nothing he can control but as Bill Parcells  says, "the best ability is availability."    Good back when healthy but will he ever be able to remain healthy remains to be seen.  Fred Taylor got the nickname "fragile fred" before he proved he could stay healthy.  I hope Fournette has better luck.  Team should put him on short IR and bring him back when that hamstring is 100%.

Bust territory? Are you actually serious

(10-01-2018, 06:03 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: Fournette is entering bust territory.  I can't remember a stretch where he has been healthy.  One injury after the next.  It's nothing he can control but as Bill Parcells  says, "the best ability is availability."    Good back when healthy but will he ever be able to remain healthy remains to be seen.  Fred Taylor got the nickname "fragile fred" before he proved he could stay healthy.  I hope Fournette has better luck.  Team should put him on short IR and bring him back when that hamstring is 100%.

I consider a "bust" to be a guy who doesn't live up to the expectations when he plays. Fournette has been disappointing, because of injuries. That's not his fault. When he plays, he good.