Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
** The Official Hurricane Matthew Thread **

This one is gonna be a good one...hunker down folks.

Have you seen my baseball?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I know they're saying the beaches may get hit pretty hard.... but does anyone have any info or insight about just west of the intracoastal?  how about the San Pablo area that's just adjacent to the intracoastal?

My neighbors haven't done much yet but I'm starting to get a little worried.

We're the sacrificial barrier island that takes the hit for you.  :thumbsup: 

When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

Looks like it will now be a Cat 2 when it goes by us. Still a lot of unpredictability at this point, but a little better news.

Cats have nothing to do with hurricanes.

JW

the gas stations were packed, bottled water was gone. we are dooooooommmmeed!

I don't believe in Hurricane Matthew
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Quote:Cats have nothing to do with hurricanes.

JW

Lol
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Some of the stations at the beach are already out of fuel. The BP in south Jax beach is out. The Shell in South Jax Bch had only premium left ( or the bastard was unloading his expensive gas first). The line at the Gate station was 20/30 cars deep.

Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

Quote:This one is gonna be a good one...hunker down folks.

Agreed. For once all the meteorologists panic may be partly warranted. Gas and water are still plentiful inland, but it's going fast. Stay safe everyone.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

I just filled up my truck...the lines are deep in South Georgia as well.

#HurricaneMatthew - Evacuation orders have been issued for Atlantic Beach, Neptune Beach, and Jacksonville Beach. #JAX #Jacksonville

@ericaAnjax Things just got real. @JimCantore is doing live shots at Jacksonville Beach. #HurricaneMatthew https://t.co/kqRy3rFNvp

If he's there, then you know somethings wrong.

Finally Jacksonville getting some RESPECT...Jim Cantore

Quote:Feeling very anxious about this storm down here in South Florida...

We have been fairly lucky for the last ten years but this one is not looking good for us.
Stay safe! I'm just a bit further south of you in Miami, but it looks like you might be getting the worst of it up in WPB.

Quote:@ericaAnjax Things just got real. @JimCantore is doing live shots at Jacksonville Beach. #HurricaneMatthew <a class="bbc_url" href='https://t.co/kqRy3rFNvp'>https://t.co/kqRy3rFNvp</a>

If he's there, then you know somethings wrong.

Oh dear!!
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

My dad and stepmom left Jacksonville this morning for a pre-planned trip to Rhode Island. It looks like they left right on time. 

Also, it looks like it won't impact us up here at all. I'm glad but I put so much effort into preparing I almost want at least some rain. Drizzle only though. Not soaking rain and wind that will take down more trees. 

You guys down south stay safe and please be careful. Check in here when you can and let the rest of us know you're okay. We may drive each other to drink but we're still family. 

Schools closed tomorrow and Friday. Main st. bridge already closed. Possibility the other bridges close soon. All three beach cities have been ordered to evacuate.

And I just left my local Walmart for other items and they are out of water.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

The wind and rain doesn't bother me too much; it's the 100+ foot pine trees all around my house that have me concerned.

Quote:The wind and rain doesn't bother me too much; it's the 100+ foot pine trees all around my house that have me concerned.

Same here.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Im scared and shaking. I'll never get to see the Jaguars win a Super Bowl.