Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Santa Clara police threaten to stop working at Levi's Stadium

Quote:So you're saying he's being charitable now because it made the news?

No I am saying he is choosing NOT to profit because of the news.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Do you think Baltimore Oriole fans know the history of the Anthem as they yell "O" upon the line "Oh, say can you see"

.... all in all, given the history and significance of our National Anthem, that's pretty disrespectful if you really think about the lives that were lost in winning that battle and subsequent wars fought for our freedom.

I wasn't aware it's been the Anthrm for less than 100 years.

Quote:I wasn't aware it's been the Anthrm for less than 100 years.

No commpredo Senor.  I stated:  "Do you think Baltimore Oriole fans know the history of the Anthem as they yell "O" upon the line "Oh, say can you see"

.... all in all, given the history and significance of our National Anthem, that's pretty disrespectful if you really think about the lives that were lost in winning that battle and subsequent wars fought for our freedom."

My reference to the Battle of Fort McHenry took place in 1812.

Quote:Yes, they should be held responsible as a collective group just like I am both at work and in the community.

And you have no issue with being held responsible for the actions of others at your job and in the community?
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Quote:And you have no issue with being held responsible for the actions of others at your job and in the community?

He's talking out his rear, per normal
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

So, a football has a right to act upon his beliefs, but police opt not to work extra off duty hours unrelated to their job have no right to act upon their beliefs.

Liberalism at it's finest.

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Quote:No commpredo Senor. I stated: "<span style="background-color:rgb(247,247,247);">Do you think Baltimore Oriole fans know the history of the Anthem as they yell "O" upon the line "Oh, say can you see"
</span>
<span style="background-color:rgb(247,247,247);">.... all in all, given the history and significance of our National Anthem, that's pretty disrespectful if you really think about the lives that were lost in winning that battle and subsequent wars fought for our freedom."
</span>

My reference to the Battle of Fort McHenry took place in 1812.

Interesting point of view.It does bring up good points. Also if a historical view is taken the war of 1812 was also helpful in freeing 6000 slaves that earned their freedom by siding with the British. Of course Mr. Key dos include that in The song, we just don't sing that portion anymore.

Quote:And you have no issue with being held responsible for the actions of others at your job and in the community?

No it's called being held accountable even for other people's actions.

Also I am taking responsibility for the black on black crime that is going on even though I have never committed any.

It's not that hard to grasp.
Whether someone has a liberal, or conservative viewpoint, a authoritative figure should not lock a thread for the sole purpose to get the last word in all the while prohibiting someone else from being able to respond.

Quote:He's talking out his rear, per normal

You have yet to make a mature response.
Whether someone has a liberal, or conservative viewpoint, a authoritative figure should not lock a thread for the sole purpose to get the last word in all the while prohibiting someone else from being able to respond.

Quote:No it's called being held accountable even for other people's actions.

Also I am taking responsibility for the black on black crime that is going on even though I have never committed any.

Black dude stole my beach cruiser a long time ago.. Finally, closure..

That'll be $125.. Would that be cash you're paying?

Oh wait.. Black on black.. nevermind.. To hell with whitey.. Amirite?

Quote:Agree, but it kinda makes them look like hypocrites for calling out CK when they are facing a federal lawsuit about said thing he is protesting against. 

You think they are hypocrites for calling out a guy who supported the lies that the Feds put forth?

If you were wrongly accused of a crime and some guy with a megaphone stood outside your door broadcasting the accusations as if they were facts, would you help him do it?

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

Quote:No it's called being held accountable even for other people's actions.

Why stop at just a responsibility for black on black crime? What about black on white crime, black on brown crime...those don't count? I'm sure there are other races in your community, shouldn't you be held accountable for their actions too? I didn't realize one could be so selective with their accountability. Wasn't the incident in Milwaukee a black cop killing a black man? That yours too?

Is all of this sounding as silly to you as it does to me? It's completely asinine to say that someone should be held accountable for the actions of others, especially if they had no control over those actions.
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Those cops are big babies.  They don't want to do OT because 1 football player in the entire stadium is taking a knee during the national anthem.  1 person out of 60,000+ people!

Those Santa Clara cops are soft as room temperature butter.  Probably have the same fat content...  Heeey YOOOOOOOO!!!!

Yup.. They're pigs, they're soft, they're corrupt, they're outspoken..

But when your sorry [BLEEP] needs one, they show up.

(This post was last modified: 09-08-2016, 07:11 AM by The_Anchorman.)

Quote:Yup.. They're pigs, they're soft, they're corrupt, they're outspoken..

But when your sorry [BAD WORD REMOVED] needs one, they show up.

They show up afterwards and take a report.  You know who shows up when you need them?  The firefighters and the paramedics.  Mad respect for those people.  

I'm not calling them pigs in this situation.  It's volunteer work.  But come on.  It's one dude out of the entire stadium of 60,000 people.  And because of one dude, they are taking thier ball and going home.  Bunch of babies if you ask me...  I'm sick of being PC.  Just because you're a cop doesn't mean I'm supposed to bow down to your authority and provide you respect when you haven't deserved it.  

You know what would have made me give these cops mad respect?  If they would have came out with a statement saying that they completely disagree with CK and his protest, but will defend his right to do it.

That would have been what a true cop would do.  These soft butter cups are a bunch of whiners and cry babies.

Quote:Interesting point of view.It does bring up good points. Also if a historical view is taken the war of 1812 was also helpful in freeing 6000 slaves that earned their freedom by siding with the British. Of course Mr. Key dos include that in The song, we just don't sing that portion anymore.

So we don't sing the whole song ? What part are we missing?

Quote:Why stop at just a responsibility for black on black crime? What about black on white crime, black on brown crime...those don't count? I'm sure there are other races in your community, shouldn't you be held accountable for their actions too? I didn't realize one could be so selective with their accountability. Wasn't the incident in Milwaukee a black cop killing a black man? That yours too?

Is all of this sounding as silly to you as it does to me? It's completely asinine to say that someone should be held accountable for the actions of others, especially if they had no control over those actions.

I am held responsible for black on black crime that goes on because there is a segment in society that loves to hold the entire community responsible as a collective. 

You cant be selective. If someone of color stands up and speaks against police brutality you cant point the finger at the Black community as a collective and say "what about black on black crime" as a counterpoint and in the same breath give the law enforcement community a pass on crimes they commit in their department all because they "have no control".

(This post was last modified: 09-08-2016, 08:07 AM by TravC59.)

Quote:They show up afterwards and take a report.  You know who shows up when you need them?  The firefighters and the paramedics.  Mad respect for those people.  

I'm not calling them pigs in this situation.  It's volunteer work.  But come on.  It's one dude out of the entire stadium of 60,000 people.  And because of one dude, they are taking thier ball and going home.  Bunch of babies if you ask me...  I'm sick of being PC.  Just because you're a cop doesn't mean I'm supposed to bow down to your authority and provide you respect when you haven't deserved it.  

You know what would have made me give these cops mad respect?  If they would have came out with a statement saying that they completely disagree with CK and his protest, but will defend his right to do it.

That would have been what a true cop would do.  These soft butter cups are a bunch of whiners and cry babies.
Yes, they show up afterwards at times. Many times they show up during events and are running into a hostile event, or building while others are running out. 

If Kap can wear socks that mock police with pigs in a police hat,  and paint a broad stroke of cops by his words and actions and have the SF 49er organization back him, then it is well within the rights of the police to do what they wish as well. Can't have it both ways. And no, you definitely shouldn't be bowing down to any cops. No one has insinuated that. As some have said there are crooked cops, no way around that

TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

Quote:So we don't sing the whole song ? What part are we missing?
There are several verses (maybe lines, I am not a music guy in that respect) that are not sung that are part of the original poem.

TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"