Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Santa Clara police threaten to stop working at Levi's Stadium

Cops really don't want to see Colin Kaepernick sit. I don't blame them, but this is too drastic.

http://www.aol.com/article/2016/09/04/sa...ws-main-bb

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Why?  Did you see Dallas?  I think that a big mistake for Kaep was not making his own thing and Disavowing BLM.  BLM as an organization has openly called for and GOTTEN the death of police officers in execution style killings.  I wouldn't want to watch someone protesting in support of that group either.  He has the right to protest (as long as his behavior isn't specifically sanctioned by the CBA and the disciplinary powers of Rodger Goodell because Collectively bargained agreements can be extra-constitutional)  and they have a right to say keep your per diem.

Good for them.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:Why?  Did you see Dallas?  I think that a big mistake for Kaep was not making his own thing and Disavowing BLM.  BLM as an organization has openly called for and GOTTEN the death of police officers in execution style killings.  I wouldn't want to watch someone protesting in support of that group either.  He has the right to protest (as long as his behavior isn't specifically sanctioned by the CBA and the disciplinary powers of Rodger Goodell because Collectively bargained agreements can be extra-constitutional)  and they have a right to say keep your per diem.

I have no idea what you are talking about. That has nothing to do with the SCPD.

Quote:I have no idea what you are talking about. That has nothing to do with the SCPD.

id·i·ot

<div style="font-size:large;">ˈidēət/

<div><i>noun</i>
<div>informal
</div>

<ol class="">[*]

<div style="margin-left:20px;">
<div style=";">
<div>a stupid person.

synonyms:

fool&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjsiPi21PjOAhWKsh4KHREsADwQ_SoIHzAA][BAD WORD REMOVED]halfwitduncedoltignoramuscretinmoronimbecilesimpleton; <span style="color:rgb(26,13,171);">More</span>

</div>
</div>
</div>

</ol></div>
</div>
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

So, to be clear......

They are going to refuse to do their job....

When a man or men exercise a right they willingly swore to protect.

Bunch of babies, if you ask me.

Do your job.

You know there is such a thing as private security, don't you?

Are these police supplied by the city, or are they off duty and getting paid to show up in their uniform?
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

The City of San Francisco acted swiftly on the subject matter. 

The backup forces have been deployed !!!

[Image: village-people-2012-482x298.jpg?w=700]

It's just a cop out.

No news here
Blakes Life Matters

i think part of being a cop is the willingness to serve even for those who hate you.  just my opinion.  im not a cop, but im pretty sure there are plenty of other cops out there willing to work this game.

Quote:The City of San Francisco acted swiftly on the subject matter.

The backup forces have been deployed !!!

[Image: village-people-2012-482x298.jpg?w=700]

I think that's Ringo, second from the right..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Quote:Bunch of babies, if you ask me.

Do your job.

They fittingly need to learn from a team called the Patriots.

Quote:Are these police supplied by the city, or are they off duty and getting paid to show up in their uniform?

They are employed by the city and on duty at the stadium.

Quote:So, to be clear......

They are going to refuse to do their job....

When a man or men exercise a right they willingly swore to protect.

It doesn't really look that way.

Quote:Are these police supplied by the city, or are they off duty and getting paid to show up in their uniform?

The best I can tell, this is an off-duty gig for earning extra money based on this article.  It's pretty common for police officers to do this at different events.  Should something requiring law enforcement happen, then police officers on duty would respond, but not "hang out and provide security".

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Quote:They are employed by the city and on duty at the stadium.

See my post above.  Officers working at the stadium providing security are not "on duty" and are not being paid by the city, they would be paid by the team/stadium.  It's common and acceptable for police to do this in a variety of situations.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Quote:It doesn't really look that way.

The best I can tell, this is an off-duty gig for earning extra money based on <a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local/Santa-Clara-Police-Officers-Association-May-Boycott-Working-49ers-Games-392214541.html'>this</a> article.  It's pretty common for police officers to do this at different events.  Should something requiring law enforcement happen, then police officers on duty would respond, but not "hang out and provide security".

So they aren't refusing to do their duty to protect and serve, they just aren't signing up to work there when they are off duty.

CP has his right to protest, these cops have the right to theirs.

Quote:So they aren't refusing to do their duty to protect and serve, they just aren't signing up to work there when they are off duty.

CP has his right to protest, these cops have the right to theirs.

I don't know who CP is but if you mean CK the yes you are correct.

Quote:I don't know who CP is but if you mean CK the yes you are correct.

Yeah...him. Lol