Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Denard Robinson 'asleep' behind wheel in crash

So he makes a bad left turn, the car goes over a small decline and it ends up in the pond. Okay, plausible enough. But how did both Denard and the passenger continue sleeping through all that? Someone should study their brain chemistry. There may be a cure for insomnia waiting to be found.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Haha don't get me wrong...I don't doubt the existence of the pond, I was just trying to figure out the mathematics of the situation, and didn't remember a retention pond.

It takes some effort to get to that pond.

Thanks for the image.

Now that we have a map of the area, let's do the math. Again, we're told...

<p style="margin-left:40px;">"the vehicle was traveling west on Beach Boulevard and was attempting to turn left onto Southside Boulevard and made a wide turn..."

<p style="margin-left:40px;"> 

So we're starting out near in the same corner as the PIta Pit, but getting into the outer of two left-hand turn lanes on Beach Blvd. It looks like on the green light he'd have gone under Southside Blvd down the curved entry-way for the on-ramp to south-bound Southside Blvd. He must have driven straight out of that entry-way and over the curb before landing just a hair south of those four trees in the NE corner of the pond.

'02

I knew there would be speculation aplenty when I saw this online when I woke up.

I am not disappointed.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Quote:I knew there would be speculation aplenty when I saw this online when I woke up.

I am not disappointed.

There's little need to speculate about the accident itself as we now have enough facts to piece much of it together. The only real thing to speculate on now is why he was THAT tired. I can relate as someone who has nodded off while driving quite a few times, but I always manage to re-gain consciousness within a couple seconds and have never been in an accident as a result. Falling asleep at the wheel happens, and I won't dispute that at all. What makes me wonder is why he didn't wake up.

'02

https://youtu.be/3e0Oo7zWVdg

I'll say that there are certainly times I've been out at late hours and extremely tired without touching any alcohol, but I've never been so tired that I slept through a car crash and was cool with chilling in a body of water.
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

Quote:There's little need to speculate about the accident itself as we now have enough facts to piece much of it together. The only real thing to speculate on now is why he was THAT tired. I can relate as someone who has nodded off while driving quite a few times, but I always manage to re-gain consciousness within a couple seconds and have never been in an accident as a result. Falling asleep at the wheel happens, and I won't dispute that at all. What makes me wonder is why he didn't wake up.

Really? Because I see a boatload of speculation in this thread.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Quote:Really? Because I see a boatload of speculation in this thread.

Well yeah there certainly was. I'm saying there's no longer a need to speculate about the accident itself. The only mystery left is what led to it.

'02

He probably stayed in the vehicle because he can't swim.

I ain't no monkey... I'm an ape. Banana

MAybe that's why he fumbles so much. He's narcoleptic and falls asleep mid-run

[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

ESPN article on the incident says he's "expected to be a change-of-pace back behind starter Chris Ivory"

IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Am i the only one thinks who think Dernard and the female might have taking something? Hmmm.. Glad he ok tho!

Quote:There's little need to speculate about the accident itself as we now have enough facts to piece much of it together. The only real thing to speculate on now is why he was THAT tired. I can relate as someone who has nodded off while driving quite a few times, but I always manage to re-gain consciousness within a couple seconds and have never been in an accident as a result. Falling asleep at the wheel happens, and I won't dispute that at all. What makes me wonder is why he didn't wake up.

Yeah this is exactly what I was wondering.  Based on the description of the crash, it seems plausible but the noise and movement of the vehicle going over the curb and into the water should have been enough to wake them up and get the adrenaline going.  And then rolling the window back up and going back to sleep when an officer bangs on your window telling you you're sinking?  Difficult to understand that one, but I guess after he got out of the car the police officer thought they were clearly not intoxicated so I guess that's that.  Glad they didn't drown.

I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

I guess, giving the benefit of the doubt, he could have been trying to pull off the road to catch some Zs, parked and then fell asleep and the car slipped down the embankment into the water.  As for how they reacted to the cop, maybe they're both just really heavy sleepers?  I guess anything is possible.  Wonder if the cop had it on his dash cam.   Smile

I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

We know he can't keep a football in his hands.  Maybe steering wheels, too.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Drove drunk/stoned/overly tired.Lost control of the car and ended up in the pond.Realised how unsafe it was to continue driving and decided that it would be best if he slept before taking the wheel again.

Makes sense in a way.

Quote:Haha don't get me wrong...I don't doubt the existence of the pond, I was just trying to figure out the mathematics of the situation, and didn't remember a retention pond.

It takes some effort to get to that pond.

Thanks for the image.

Just saw wider angle of tire tracks on news4jax noon broadcast...DR did not enter retention pond on Southside,

entered on Beach Blvd. Tire tracks looked more like slowly angled into pond. There was no wide turn and this makes sense as far as which side of car was in water. Actually entry on Beach allows for driver side to be closest to pond. If had actually turned onto Southside entry ramp then passenger side would have been nearest to pond unless car had performed 180. I am one to let process play out but for both to be asleep seems very odd. It is possible and more plausible when it occurred he called for tow and both fell asleep waiting for tow truck to arrive. If not I hope DR and Ms. Staples use that as story and stick to it.

However may have moved DR down RB depth chart.

this is really weird

Quote:However may have moved DR down RB depth chart.

If so, he's gone.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:[Image: 5zmsyc.jpg]

Kinda hard to miss.

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]