Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Denard Robinson 'asleep' behind wheel in crash

http://www.actionnewsjax.com/news/local/.../386753566

No opinion yet. Just heard on 1010XL.
Signature goes here.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I think his shoelace got tangled up in the gas pedal..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

that sounds like a tough one to explain if you're Denard.  Apparently no charges filed.  Weird. 

<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

They were both passed out but no one impaired? On the night of 4th of July? I find that difficult to believe.

Quote:They were both passed out but no one impaired? On the night of 4th of July? I find that difficult to believe.

Same here.

I wonder if there was some preferential treatment for Denard there if it was known that he is a football player.

Or, he could've not been impaired and just "fell asleep" behind the wheel and apparently stayed asleep (both of them.)

Like I said - this one is a difficult one to explain away.

<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

Simple, carbon monoxide infiltration of the vehicle........................ That or a huge wad of cash exchanging hands.

Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

The driver (Denard Robinson) opened his eyes and then went back to sleep. I continued to knock on the window until the passenger Marissa Staples woke up and rolled the window down and said “what’s up”. I explained that their vehicle was in a pond and that they needed to exit the vehicle. The passenger attempted to roll the window back up.

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/mb/sports/.../264785672

Sounds like Marissa is a [BLEEP]

Whatever he was smoking.... I want some!

Quote:An officer came knocked on the passenger's side window and “the driver (Denard Robinson) opened his eyes and then went back to sleep," the report detailed.

The female passenger then "woke up and rolled down the window and said 'what's up.'" She tried to roll the window back up, but the officer was able to unlock the door and start helping Robinson and the female exit the vehicle.

"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

That's some serious tiredness going on... :blink:
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

I see these players can't stay out of trouble.

T.U. -

Quote:Authorities assisted Jaguars running back Denard Robinson and a female passenger early Sunday after he drove a Chevrolet Impala into a retention pond on Jacksonville’s Southside, according to a Sheriff’s Office arrest report.

Officers responded to the pond near Beach and Southside boulevards about 4:20 a.m. after the crash was reported, according to the report.

Robinson and his female passenger where both asleep at the time of the crash and had to be assisted out of the vehicle, according to the report.

An officer screened Robinson and determined he was not impaired and should not be charged with DUI, according to the report.

Quote:I see these players can't stay out of trouble.
Clearly you cannot see because he is not in trouble.

Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(This post was last modified: 07-05-2016, 06:19 PM by knarnn.)

Quote:T.U. -

I saw that. Sounds like he met a couple of JSO fans. Especially considering he wasn't even given a citation. No reckless driving, no improper lane change. Nothing at all.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:I see these players can't stay out of trouble.

What trouble would that be exactly, Einstein?

I've never seen someone so desperate to pounce on any story he hopes paints this team and its players in a bad light. What team are you really a fan of?
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:I saw that. Sounds like he met a couple of JSO fans. Especially considering he wasn't even given a citation. No reckless driving, no improper lane change. Nothing at all.

They can't issue citations for things they didn't see happen. My guess is someone accidentally put the car in drive or neutral during rigorous activity and didn't notice the car made its way into a pond. Doesn't sound like it was in deep enough to alert them (pun intended).
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

(This post was last modified: 07-05-2016, 06:34 PM by JackCity.)

Maybe he was just waiting on a mate.

The report says...

<p style="margin-left:40px;">"the vehicle was traveling west on Beach Boulevard and was attempting to turn left onto Southside Boulevard and made a wide turn..."

I'm confused here. How is it the vehicle was "attempting to turn left" if DRob was asleep?

'02

(This post was last modified: 07-05-2016, 06:39 PM by knarnn.)

Quote:

They can't issue citations for things they didn't see happen.
My guess is someone accidentally put the car in drive or neutral during rigorous activity and didn't notice the car made its way into a pond. Doesn't sound like it was in deep enough to alert them (pun intended).
Quote:

The officer observed that
"the vehicle was traveling west on Beach Boulevard and was attempting to turn left onto Southside Boulevard and made a wide turn, causing the vehicle to go over the sidewalk and down the embankment."

at least he didn't fumble the field sobriety test. Lord knows if it involved trying to hold onto a football he would have failed it.

Quote:They can't issue citations for things they didn't see happen. My guess is someone accidentally put the car in drive or neutral during rigorous activity and didn't notice the car made its way into a pond. Doesn't sound like it was in deep enough to alert them (pun intended).

But vigorous enough to fall into deep sleep afterwards? That's a skill...
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???