Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***OFFICIAL - Way Too Early Look at Green Bay Thread***

Quote:Meh...I'm not too worried about Green Bay's offense. They're overrated. They were 23rd in overall offense last year. Nelson's recovery/health is a question mark, Lacy has only been in shape for a couple of months out of his entire career, Cobb isn't a #1 WR, and Rodgers holds onto the ball too long.

Led the league in scoring in 2014. Their offense was awful last year but I think it was a blip more so than a sign of what's to come.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Not really, how else will he get better?? Granite i would give him help over the top from time to time.. You can only become great by playing great players!

[Image: Faux_Granite_EZ_instant_makeover_008.jpg]
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(This post was last modified: 05-06-2016, 07:05 PM by Jagsbaby904.)

Quote:[Image: Faux_Granite_EZ_instant_makeover_008.jpg]

Hahaha

Quote:What does jalen have right now besides athleticism over prince and house

Experience against NFL route runners.

'02

Quote:<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Yo Boy" data-cid="747509" data-time="1462559418">
Not really, how else will he get better?? Granite i would give him help over the top from time to time.. You can only become great by playing great players!
[Image: Faux_Granite_EZ_instant_makeover_008.jpg]</blockquote>

Lol

Quote:Led the league in scoring in 2014. Their offense was awful last year but I think it was a blip more so than a sign of what's to come.
Point is they have to prove they can get back to that. People are acting like last year was a fluke. I'm not saying they suck by any means but no reason to put them as one of the best offenses at the moment.

Quote:Point is they have to prove they can get back to that. People are acting like last year was a fluke. I'm not saying they suck by any means but no reason to put them as one of the best offenses at the moment.

I think it was a fluke. They had tons of offensive line injuries,no Jordy,Lacy practically unplayable. I would bet the house that they are a top 10/15 offense this season.

Quote:I think it was a fluke. They had tons of offensive line injuries,no Jordy,Lacy practically unplayable. I would bet the house that they are a top 10/15 offense this season.
Top 15 is fine, that's far from elite and something to be afraid of.

Quote:Top 15 is fine, that's far from elite and something to be afraid of.

Right and let's say they have at worst a 15th ranked offense. That probably means a top 8 ranked passing attack. Which is something to be afraid of.

Quote:Right and let's say they have at worst a 15th ranked offense. That probably means a top 8 ranked passing attack. Which is something to be afraid of.

We had the #10 passing offense in the league last year
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(This post was last modified: 05-07-2016, 11:01 PM by JackCity.)

Quote:We had the #10 passing offense in the league last year

Right and we had a dangerous passing attack,albeit against a lot of bad defenses. Packers will have a dangerous passing attack next year I'd say.

Drew Brees torched us with turf toe last year.

Now a healthy Rodgers, Cobb, Lacy and Nelson come to town and some of you aren't worried? Sheesh.

Quote:Drew Brees torched us with turf toe last year.

Now a healthy Rodgers, Cobb, Lacy and Nelson come to town and some of you aren't worried? Sheesh.

They just know the Jaguars have a top tier coach that will have the guys ready to dominate.

Quote:They just know the Jaguars have a top tier coach that will have the guys ready to dominate.

Because coaches cover and tackle and defeat one on one matchups in the trenches.

Wait....

Quote:again with the black and white statements, can he play or not isnt an adequate question. Can he cover Jordy Nelson at this stage in his career? Or is he better suited to cover a lesser receiver like davante adams? I really dont understand why the concept of ramsey not being ready at this time is difficult to grasp.
Quick quiz:  Name the better player out of each pair

Rookie year Ben Roethlisberger vs. Tommy Maddox

David Woodley v. Rookie year Dan Marino

James Stewart v. Rookie year Fred Taylor

Chad Henne v. Rookie year Blake Bortles

Rookie year Patrick Peterson v. Richard Marshall

RB Isaiah Pead v. Todd Gurley

Rookie year Joe Haden v. Sheldon Brown

Sensing a pattern?

In each instance, the rookie player was the superior player to the more experienced guy.  Just because a guy is a rookie doesn't mean he's not ready to play.

Now are rookies more inclined to make mistakes? 

Absolutely.

But is it possible a rookie is better suited to play over their more experienced counterpart?

Absolutely.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Quote:What does jalen have right now besides athleticism over prince and house

Quote:so nothing outside of physical attributes?

I would say physical attributes are very important.  Longer arms, better speed, ability to jump higher can help a CB cover a receiver better than a guy with shorter arms, slower speed, and lesser jumping ability.  The longer arms and superior jumping ability allows Ramsey to deflect a pass that House or Amukumara wouldn't get.

Tell me, what specifically does Ramsey lack to make him unqualified to cover a team's number one WR thus far.  How is Ramsey hamstrung by inexperience?

Given the difficulty of the position, I could see taking it slow with a rookie QB.

A top 5 CB?

No.

Quote:Because coaches cover and tackle and defeat one on one matchups in the trenches.

Wait....

Takes one to know one, right?

Quote:Point is they have to prove they can get back to that. People are acting like last year was a fluke. I'm not saying they suck by any means but no reason to put them as one of the best offenses at the moment.

Uh...they have one of the best QBs in the game.

They lost their #1 and best deep threat (who will be healthy)

Their fat RB finally got into shape.

No reason not to look at them as a top offense based off one average season.

Quote:Drew Brees torched us with turf toe last year.

That defense that Drew Brees torched will have changed drastically, over 50% from the one Rodgers will see. Potentially:

Clemons -> Fowler

Tyson -> Malik

Roy = Roy

Odrick = Odrick

Abry -> Marks

No Telvin -> Telvin

Poz = Poz

Pullard(I honestly can't remember) -> Skuta

Jack > anyone we had last season, especially against the pass

House = House

Brown - Gipson

Cyp = Cyp

Colvin -> Prince/Ramsey

Gratz/Dmac/Thompson -> Prince/Ramsey

That's 5 out of 11 starters that will be upgraded from the Saints game. 6 if you look at nickel based on passing personnel.

Then immediate upgrade at two backup spots (Marks/Jack) that would rotate in.

This defense *should* be much much much better than the one Brees faced. Not to mention it will be week 1, we'll be at home, where it will be hot and humid.

I don't expect us to shut them out, because their the Packers. I do expect our defense to get our own "wins" vs. theirs though

Quote:Uh...they have one of the best QBs in the game.

They lost their #1 and best deep threat (who will be healthy)

Their fat RB finally got into shape.

No reason not to look at them as a top offense based off one average season.
I agree completely that the Packers are a formidable offense.

Even with all of the injuries, Rodgers still had a 31-8 TD-INT ratio.  Lacy, when in shape, has been a beast.

I just think the Jaguars are able to match up decently with them.