Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***OFFICIAL - Way Too Early Look at Green Bay Thread***

Winning this game would be the greatest coming out party the NEW Jacksonville Jaguars could ask for. It's a tall order as Rodgers has the ability to take over games and is very accurate.

Can we really be a team that DOESN'T give opposing QBs a 4 Mississippi count to get rid of the ball? Like others I am almost afraid to get optimistic, but when I close my eyes I envision our new and improved defense getting to Rodgers early and often. Can our secondary confuse Rodgers and get that crucial turnover to win the game?

They're gonna come out swinging and their fans travel well. Are we going to lock down the bank and give the team that 12th man boost to start the season off with a W?

The regular season cannot get here soon enough.
Only a chump boos the home team!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

We will win by a TD

Hopefully we are healthy so that it will be a very competitive matchup and we can see our D at real game speed.  I am on the Rodgers being 0-2 at the 'Bank" bandwagon #becausejaguarsfan

Let's see if this team can come out swinging and set the tone for the rest of the season or if they will start out timid and will need more time/games to develop.

Season Tix, Section 409

2023 and still counting.....SB will finally be ours soon enough.
TLaw aka 'the prince that was promised' supporter.

Those Packers aren't ready for the September Florida heat/humidity.

Green Bay is one of the better teams in the NFL. With all of our new pieces lining up for the first time, I'm not expecting a W. Would love for it to happen but not seeing it right now.

(This post was last modified: 05-05-2016, 04:16 PM by JagsFansince1995.)

Quote:Green Bay is one of the better teams in the NFL. With all of our new pieces lining up for the first time, I'm not expecting a W. Would love for it to happen but not seeing it right now.

I truly believe that if our Defense can keep the score down then our offense can take advantage of the extra opportunities and hopefully continue their chemistry from last year.  That's a big "IF" but it can be done.  Our main problem last season was even when the offense gelled they would still see the defense come out flat and give up points a lot of times so it seemed almost pointless.  If we can stop the TD's on D and get some 3rd down stops, imagine the points/yards/clock we could eat/rack up. 

More opportunities means more chances at points and IIRC we were in a lot of games last year, even with a horrid D, in the 4th quarter.

Season Tix, Section 409

2023 and still counting.....SB will finally be ours soon enough.
TLaw aka 'the prince that was promised' supporter.

(This post was last modified: 05-05-2016, 04:20 PM by Doc Holliday904.)

*** Official 2017 Draft thread ***

I don't expect a win but if the game comes down to the final drive I will be happy. Showing we can compete with a team like Green Bay will show a lot of what to expect in the 2016-17 season

Quote:Those Packers aren't ready for the September Florida heat/humidity.
Unfortunately, we can't rely on it from about late October to January. Otherwise, Jacksonville would be a really tough place to play in for opposing teams.

(This post was last modified: 05-05-2016, 04:41 PM by HURRICANE!!!.)

Not looking forward to seeing their fans at all.  I think this one got Ms Wisconsin last year.

[Image: fark_-hKqgdOLvxDADt9RFwCH_8vpSn4.jpg?t=3...1462766400]

... another one

[Image: c07ab1ada49f4f944d74c83eb46efbc1.jpg]

I'm expecting this game to be 2 prolific offenses going up and down the field.....it will come down to whoever has the ball last scoring to win the game.

Quote:We will win by a TD

What he said.

I actually feel good about this game. We got the Packers at the hottest point, they might get fatigued faster than us.

Stop Jordy and I think we can win. They won't be able to run the ball against us.

Will the defense be able to gel quickly enough? I'm not too sure about that.

The Jags will be home underdogs in this game.

How great it would be to pull off an upset victory in their first game of the 2016 NFL season.

Come on Gus, make that happen.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Quote:The Jags will be home underdogs in this game.

How great it would be to pull off an upset victory in their first game of the 2016 NFL season.

It's time for us to...

Steal the show.

Quote:It's time for us to...

Steal the show.

Haha I hope Myles Jack steals the show!

This is an extremely tough first game. A great test, though. Rodgers is going to love having Nelson back on the field. We can make a STRONG statement with a win, that's for sure.
Shock the world

I t will be a tough game, how far along will the D be? Is Fowler ready to go day 1 (3 sacks)? Can Ramsey adapt to NFL speed right away? Jack is a beast and should have the easiest transition of all the rookies. I see it as a competitive game and hoping for a win, what a statement that would be.

GO JAGS!!!!!

"If this team gets lessons from losing they should all be Einsteins by now."---Jaguarmvp

"Football is not played on paper, its played inside Televisions"---Random Poster BCC