Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
WELP: Norman

Quote:@JasonLaCanfora Norman's camp is all about exceeding $14M/yr average. Still shooting for $15M. Don't seem as caught up in total guaranteed $

No brainer.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

No don't sign him.

Quote:um, josh norman is the real deal... plays elite man coverage... the most coveted thing by a cornerback... he is confident and cocky, also important at CB.

this has to be something we go all in on... he's 28... that's fine.. if he was already 30 that would be different..  this guy is legit, not a product of a sytem, sure good players around him helped, but he is not a product of a system.. thats ridiculous.

anyone who can cover in man coverage like he does, is not a product of anything except his own skills.  Get this guy, please

I might be crazy (no pun intended), but I thought Carolina primarily ran a zone coverage scheme...

<i>Behold man's final mad disgrace.</i>

<i>He chops his nose to spite his face.</i>

-Etrigan the Demon

Going to have to say buyer beware on Norman.  How often does something like this happen?  The Panthers FO has to know something the rest of the league doesnt.  You don't let go of a top CB for no reason.  So what if he threatened to sit all year?  Teams don't just let go of their top player for nothing. 

Quote:I might be crazy (no pun intended), but I thought Carolina primarily ran a zone coverage scheme...

They do but quite alot of cover 3 which is good if gipson lives up to the hype

Sign Norman & take Jack
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Source tells ESPN's David Newton 10 teams have already contacted CB Josh Norman's reps. Jaguars not among them.

https://twitter.com/espndirocco/status/7...1892370432

I find that really hard to believe

Que the "sky is falling crowd". Josh Norman, while a great talent, is going to be asking for 15 million plus a season. He's going to be 29 and while im sure he is worth the money, may not be the best move right now for the Jaguars. 

I think the Jaguars would be better suited to use their cap to resign Bortles, Hurns, Robinson etc in the future. Whether people want to admit this or not, while we can sign Norman, it won't be team friendly and we are not made out of money. 

Also, with the two trades being made, and the likely scenario that the first two picks will be QB, Ramsey is much more in play then people realize. I dont think the Chargers go Tunsil, I believe they will take Buckner. Ramsey might slip to the Jags. 

It seems like this team is afraid of becoming good.

This totally needed a new thread
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Shows our front office has more intelligence than most on this board.

(This post was last modified: 04-21-2016, 10:52 AM by temporaryname.)

A [BLEEP] cockroach has more intelligence than most on this board.....

[Image: Welcome%20to%20Duval_zps4z3erxne.jpg]

Quote:Shows our front office has more intelligence than most on this board.

But what's the harm in contacting his agent and asking what they are looking for? To show no interest whatsoever is foolish.

Quote:Shows our front office has more intelligence than most on this board.

Quote:A [BLEEP] cockroach has more intelligence than most on this board.....

Forgive us for questioning the moves or lack thereof based on our stellar record.

Quote:@jasoncole At least 8 teams have expressed interest in ex-#Panthers CB Josh Norman. Among those are #Bucs, #Dolphins, #49ers, #Rams and #Bears.
We don't stand a chance. Time to move on. Chhhhhammmpiioonnnshiiiipppp

The guy turned down $14M and evidently presented himself as such a head case that the Panthers rescinded the franchise tag (How often have you heard of that happening?).   What makes you think he would come in here and play hard?    He had 1 good year and now wants to cash in. 

Can't blame him for that, but I don't really want another Hugh Douglas thank you.

Quote:Source tells ESPN's David Newton 10 teams have already contacted CB Josh Norman's reps. Jaguars not among them.

https://twitter.com/espndirocco/status/7...1892370432
This is weird. We just saw another "source" say it was San Fran and Us in the hunt. Who knows. If they want him, they can get him. 

Quote:This is weird. We just saw another "source" say it was San Fran and Us in the hunt. Who knows. If they want him, they can get him. 

Yeah weird. It's almost as if nobody knows for sure.

Weird.

;

;

(This post was last modified: 04-21-2016, 11:18 AM by Minorcan.)

Quote:Yeah weird. It's almost as if nobody knows for sure.

Weird.
That's the great thing about "sources" you never have to prove they even exist!