Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
WELP: Norman

(This post was last modified: 04-22-2016, 02:47 PM by HIGH SCORE.)

From T-U:

Norman’s franchise tag was worth $13.952 million but he never signed it, electing to see how negotiations on a new contract progressed before the July 15 deadline.

The Jaguars are a natural fit for Norman because they remain without a no-doubt No. 1 cover corner and have the salary cap space to pay him.The Jaguars are $52.5 million under the cap, more than every team but San Francisco, meaning they could easily construct a contract averaging $15 million per year, eclipsing the Jets’ Darrelle Revis ($14.024 million), Arizona’s Patrick Peterson ($14.01 million) and Seattle’s Richard Sherman ($14 million).

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I'm sure they'll do their due diligence but if he's asking for over 15, I doubt they'll do it with the contracts of Bortles, Hurns, Robinson coming up soon

Dang it would be nice, it's hard because I think we have a realistic shot at Ramsey. But this would give us a lot of leverage in the draft

Quote:Dang it would be nice, it's hard because I think we have a realistic shot at Ramsey. But this would give us a lot of leverage in the draft

Ramsey is not a pure cornerback, he is a strong safety/nickel hybrid. Take Jack, get Norman and don't look back.

Quote:I'm sure they'll do their due diligence but if he's asking for over 15, I doubt they'll do it with the contracts of Bortles, Hurns, Robinson coming up soon
Don't worry about that they have plenty of money and can make more cap room by cutting people like Poz, Odrick, AluAlu Joeckel among others.  

[Image: giphy.gif]

Quote:Don't worry about that they have plenty of money and can make more cap room by cutting people like Poz, Odrick, AluAlu Joeckel among others.

Exactly.

You know Gus is fighting HARD for this move in a potential pink slip year.

I dunno if you guys saw the billboards but he was a special guest at the Titus Dome on Easter. I was wondering why on earth he would come here of all places.. But now maybe I see why!

We already have 2 threads on this.

"A man with no sauce is lost.

<p style="text-align:center;">But that same man can get lost in the sauce."

With the cap space we've got it shouldn't be a problem to sign him to an extension. Only sticking points would be our willingness to pay big money on a 28 year old corner, and the players desire to come here. If both line up, bring him on board because he's clearly talented and could be a good addition.

My only reservation is did the Panthers' defense make him into a better player (ie a product of the system like Maxwell in Seattle)? Or is he really a legit shutdown corner?

Quote:I dunno if you guys saw the billboards but he was a special guest at the Titus Dome on Easter. I was wondering why on earth he would come here of all places.. But now maybe I see why!

Saw that too...wifey went and said the place was packed and Norman seemed to really enjoy the service.
Whether someone has a liberal, or conservative viewpoint, a authoritative figure should not lock a thread for the sole purpose to get the last word in all the while prohibiting someone else from being able to respond.

Won't have to worry about, missing out on Ramsey if Norman comes her. Big price take, but the Jags have no excuse to not sign Norman if he's willing.

I read the headline to this thread on BCC, too.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

(This post was last modified: 04-20-2016, 07:44 PM by Jagsfan32277.)

Sign Norman tomorrow, draft bosa next week, chhhhammmmpiioonnnshiippp

Quote:Sign Norman tomorrow, draft bosa next week, chhhhammmmpiioonnnshiippp
You thought we would win the championship last year and even when Gene Smiff was here, we get it.

(This post was last modified: 04-20-2016, 07:59 PM by Jagsfan32277.)

Quote:You thought we would win the championship last year and even when Gene Smiff was here, we get it.

Now that I think about, luke kuechly and the front 7 better made him look good. Pass on him. Another Zane beadles.

He's 28, he's slow and he's a suspension waiting to happen. Pass

Quote:He's 28, he's slow and he's a suspension waiting to happen. Pass

Lol

(This post was last modified: 04-20-2016, 08:09 PM by BklynJag.)

Quote:I'm sure they'll do their due diligence but if he's asking for over 15, I doubt they'll do it with the contracts of Bortles, Hurns, Robinson coming up soon

@nflcharlie @maximus1016 They have plenty of space. So much so that they could pay all the guaranteed money up front and be cleared for next year. Plus the cap keeps going up.

Quote:Lol

And you wonder why i get a bad rap? Comments like this.