Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Week 1 vs Packers

Quote:Jarrad is a one-tick pony who lacks imagination or insight, with a third-grade level of humor. But that's just me. If ice cream humor and saying the same thing over and over and over is your thing, you've found your boy. I find him silly and boring.

And, may I ad, I love the way you make the leap from "like many on this board" (what, eight or nine guys?) to "most of the rest of the NFL" about Gus sucking. Feel how you feel, but when people like your boy Jarrad can't make a post without reminding us of his Gus Issue, it smacks of desperation and redundancy.

But, if you're into redundancy ...

Don't feed the trolls...

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:If I had to guess, I would say GB squeaks out a win on a game winning FG. A lot can happen from now and then though.

^this. It'll be a close game IMO. Green Bay has not been some "unbeatable juggernaut" the past few seasons. That is only myth/perception. The Packers play in alot of close games that could end up going either way.

Even if the Packers do win,, it won't be a big blowout if the Jags play fairly solid.

That's a winnable game for sure.

Quote:I believe this game will be close. Its hard to say who wins or lose. Bortles could come out on fire, and Rodgers could have one of those bad games or Vice Versa...I believe winning this games for the Jags is more important to the jags tho.. If they can pull off the upset the media attention would be great for the team and city... Lets go jags!

Lol media attention. More like "Rodgers unlucky as Packers have off day, lose to lowly Jags."
Make the Jags Great Again
Blake Bortles......YOU'RE FIRED!
Dave Caldwell.....YOU'RE FIRED!

We will jump out to a 17-0 lead by halftime and we will be the talk of the whole nation. People will be jumping on the bandwagon left and right and then the Packers will come out and score 34 unanswered points to beat us 34-17.

0-1 to start of the season. Will there be grumblings on the message board. lol

Quote:Don't kid yourself; We still are an over all weaker team than the packers. With the combined weakness on our o-line (l-tackle and center) and our secondary, we could be exploited without mercy and could easily be double digit losers... again.

Until the days leading up to the game,  no one knows how the respective teams are going to shape up.   The draft hasn't even been held yet.   More veteran personnel moves could occur after the draft and through the summer.   Players become available unexpectedly.  Injuries will occur.   To what extent is a key question.

Currently,  the Jaguars have uncertainty at the two Offensive Line positions you mentioned and in the Secondary in part because of the Aaron Colvin suspension.  That doesn't necessarily mean that those areas will be problematic for the Jaguars when the regular season opens.  

The Packers have questions as well.  Every team does.   It remains to be seen what level Packers WR Jordy Nelson is at,  as he's coming off a torn ACL last August.   Will RB Eddie Lacy do a better job keeping his weight under control?    Will the Packers be much healthier on their Offensive Line than they were for a significant portion of the 2016 season?    Do the Packers have enough talent/ effective players in the interior of their Defensive Line?    Will age finally catch up to OLB/ DE Julius Peppers?     Do the Packers have the depth at CB to overcome the FA loss of CB Casey Hayward?    Time will tell.

This is a fantastic first game for us. Getting the Packers at home week 1 is a good thing for us the way I see it.

It's time for Gus and crew to show us they are the right people for the job and this will be a good first test. I expect the team to be competitive and think the game is a toss up as things stand right now.

This defense is going to be better with Jackson, Gipson, Telvin getting another year of experience and the likely addition of a top 5 pick.

Why does week 1 have to be so far away?!

Not to mention another year of maturity in the young offensive guys. Bortles, Robinson, Hurns, Yeldon, Cann, regaining Linder, Thomas hopefully being healthy for the season, Ivory is a better RB2 than we have had for several years.

This team has the talent to take this weak division without issue.

Quote:This team has the talent to take this weak division without issue.

I don't think talent will be the issue

;

;

Quote:We will jump out to a 17-0 lead by halftime and we will be the talk of the whole nation. People will be jumping on the bandwagon left and right and then the Packers will come out and score 34 unanswered points to beat us 34-17.

Thanks -- I just spent 500+ days trying to forget about that.

Quote:Ok cleetus, I'm trying to find where you provided insight on this topic. All you've been doing is crying about my posts.

Do you think we will beat Green Bay week 1? Obviously alot can change from now until game time. But right now we look over matched in talent and coaching ability.

Only you would think there is some sort of "insight" to provide five months out. I don't have that childish need for acceptance that you seem to crave. 

Check with some Packers fans re that "over matched in coaching ability". A great quarterback makes you a great coach.

The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

Quote:I have a really good feeling about this game.
This is the Jaguars statement game. Do it, Jags, doooo it nooooowwwwwwww

Quote:I don't think talent will be the issue

Oh I know. I like the coaching changes that were made but I still don't have confidence Gus is the guy.

However with a weak division and talent we may just get past that and win some games.

Either way I'm more excited for the coming season than I have been in quite a few years.

Thanks mostly to Bortles, AR15 and Hurns.

Quote:Lol media attention. More like "Rodgers unlucky as Packers have off day, lose to lowly Jags."
Thats possible for some .. Even with that being said its a win and thats all the media need to see.

Quote:We'll be 10 point underdogs at a minimum.

Opened at 3.5

Quote:Opened at 3.5

Knarnn looks pretty stupid with his prediction.

Bortles isn't likely to win in a duel against rodgers. Yeldon and ivory have to dominate TOP with bortles making clutch plays (on 3rd down and with his legs). If the latter happens and the defense keeps it under 24, we have a chance.

Quote:Knarnn looks pretty stupid with his prediction.

I'm shocked.

Now that I've thought about it, I thought at least 8 point dogs at home.

3.5 is a push at a neutral site

This comes down to how good our defense is next season. Can we actually hold up in pass coverage or not? If we can limit them to 21 points we have a chance.

"A man with no sauce is lost.

<p style="text-align:center;">But that same man can get lost in the sauce."

Quote:Bortles isn't likely to win in a duel against rodgers. Yeldon and ivory have to dominate TOP with bortles making clutch plays (on 3rd down and with his legs). If the latter happens and the defense keeps it under 24, we have a chance.
This just sounds so cringe. Almost like Chad Henne is still our starting QB and all we ask him to do is complete the one 3rd and 4 so we can run it 2/3 more times. We have arguably the best young QB/WRs trio in the game, and you do not need to run, run, pass to dominate TOP. Let the young stars play and I hope we air it out more than we run it. Play to your strengths.