Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Week 1 vs Packers

I keep seeing people fretting over this game. I think it's going to be very winnable. The Packers have glaring issues on the offensive line that they haven't fixed. They also lost starting DT B.J. Raji to an out-of-nowhere retirement and the player they resigned to back him up is suspended for weeks 1-4.

Also, I'm probably going to end up making this my first trip to Jacksonville (I've seen them in Green Bay and in Indy), so I'm really looking forward to it.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

A.A. Ron Rod-gers

"It was Blake Bortles the whole time. They believe in this kid. He reminds me a bit of a young Ben Roethlisberger." ~Mike Mayock

Quote:A.A. Ron Rod-gers

Yup, Rodgers definitely means the Packers will always be in a position to compete. They will still have very exploitable holes this year, especially early on.

We'll be 10 point underdogs at a minimum.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

The Packers will die if our pass rush is fixed. 

Quote:We'll be 10 point underdogs at a minimum.

It's possible because lines are put out based on public perception and what Vegas can get action on, but there is no way the Packers are actually double digit points better this year.

Quote:The Packers will die if our pass rush is fixed. 

Yup, and they will be down to their 3rd string Nose Tackle which could bode well for Ivory and Co.

Quote:The Packers will die if our pass rush is fixed. 
If we get an impact pass rusher in the draft we can win this game in the trenches.  A Bosa-Kelly draft could win this game imo

Quote:I keep seeing people fretting over this game. I think it's going to be very winnable. The Packers have glaring issues on the offensive line that they haven't fixed. They also lost starting DT B.J. Raji to an out-of-nowhere retirement and the player they resigned to back him up is suspended for weeks 1-4.

Also, I'm probably going to end up making this my first trip to Jacksonville (I've seen them in Green Bay and in Indy), so I'm really looking forward to it.

Packers line is pretty good when healthy, it's just that they weren't healthy last season and the depth behind their starters is pretty abysmal. Also Raji hasn't been all that good the past few seasons and Guion has outplayed him since he's been in Green Bay, so that isn't a major loss.

(This post was last modified: 04-14-2016, 08:53 PM by snowwolf776.)

we all know how week 1 ussalley goes. it can go either way. Jags can win,or lose cause no ones played a full game yet againest another team that counts. if we played Green bay week 6 we would get blowen out. 

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

Quote:We'll be 10 point underdogs at a minimum.

I haven't bet on a football game in decades.  But if the Jaguars are 10 or more underdogs at home to the Packers,   I might make an exception.    Even with the perception factor,   the Jaguars are too talented to be double digit underdogs at home against any team if Blake Bortles is in one piece.  

(This post was last modified: 04-14-2016, 09:08 PM by hailtoyourvictor.)

Quote:Packers line is pretty good when healthy, it's just that they weren't healthy last season and the depth behind their starters is pretty abysmal. Also Raji hasn't been all that good the past few seasons and Guion has outplayed him since he's been in Green Bay, so that isn't a major loss.

The Packers O-Line is certainly not "pretty good" when healthy, unless you have a very generous definition of "pretty good". Also, they were already going to be thin on the DLine before the Raji announcement because of the Pennel suspension. Guion is okay, but certainly nothing special.

Come on now. We get Rodgers week 1. Anybody really think Gus is gonna whip up a defensive game plan to stop him? Probably rush 4 and drop into soft zone the entire game. I'm sure Blake and the Allens will be able to keep up for a little bit. Not like Gus will care, winning isn't his goal after all.

Packers 51 Jags 28
Make the Jags Great Again
Blake Bortles......YOU'RE FIRED!
Dave Caldwell.....YOU'RE FIRED!

Quote:Come on now. We get Rodgers week 1. Anybody really think Gus is gonna whip up a defensive game plan to stop him? Probably rush 4 and drop into soft zone the entire game. I'm sure Blake and the Allens will be able to keep up for a little bit. Not like Gus will care, winning isn't his goal after all.

Packers 51 Jags 28

Don't even you get tired of yourself? Talk about childish.

The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

Quote:Don't even you get tired of yourself? Talk about childish.

Let's hear your prediction, sparky.

Let me guess; we will shock the world this year.

Quote:Let's hear your prediction, sparky.

I'll permaban bet you that Green Bay doesn't score 50+ points on us. You predicted 51. Do we have a deal?

Quote:Let's hear your prediction, sparky.

Well, Spunky, your or my prediction would be worth a can of warm spit at this point.

Is that why you come here?To impress us with predictions? Do you think anyone cares what your opinion is? The least you could do is attempt a little humor or insight. And no, the inane ice cream stuff is not considered humor to anyone over eight years old. But keep trying. I'm sure your parents would rather you be on a message board instead of bothering them.

The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

Pass rush. This game alone shows why pass rush should be priority in the draft.

Quote:I'll permaban bet you that Green Bay doesn't score 50+ points on us. You predicted 51. Do we have a deal?

50 is a bit much. I will permaban bet 35 points. Do we have a deal?

Jacksonville Jaguars

Week 1-Sep 11-vs Packers 1pm      
Week 2-Sep 18-@ Chargers 4:25pm
Week 3-Sep 25-vs Ravens 1pm
Week 4-Oct 2-vs Colts 9:30am (London)
Week 5-Bye Week
Week 6-Oct 16-@ Bears 1pm
Week 7-Oct 23-vs Raiders 1pm
Week 8-Oct 27-@Titans 8:25pm (Thursday)
Week 9-Nov 6-@Chiefs 1pm
Week 10-Nov 13-vs Texans 1pm
Week 11-Nov 20-@Lions 1pm
Week 12-Nov 27-@Bills 1pm
Week 13-Dec 4-vs Broncos 1pm
Week 14-Dec 11-vs Vikings 1pm
Week 15-Dec 18-@Texans 1pm
Week 16-Dec 24-vs Titans 1pm (Saturday)
Week 17-Jan 1-@Colts 1pm

Week 1 of last year Jaguars lost at home to Carolina Panthers (NFC Champions), while Packers won on the Road against the Bears.  When you think of the Packers you probably think of Aaron Rodgers throwing 50 yard successful Hail Marys and dread the passing game but they were 12th in rushing & the Packers finished first in the NFL against the Run.  To me their defense is what allows the Packers to win so many games every year as Defense always wins games.  The Jaguars had a very slow start to their offense last season but now in their 2nd year with OC Greg Olson, and DC Todd Wash being promoted along with key players now being healthy this matchup will be much closer than many might think.  It is very hard to guess which teams will win this season especially before the draft has even occurred, and yes many will predict that Packers to win this game (unless they are Jaguar homers)... doh

I am a homer, so yeah Jaguars win it.