Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Allen Robinson a top 5 wr?..

(This post was last modified: 04-08-2016, 06:21 AM by hailtoyourvictor.)

Quote:I'd put ARob squarely in the top 10, but considering he's only done it for one year, at this point I don't feel we can truly rank ARob much higher.

A quick list might look like...

<p style="margin-left:40px;">1. Julio Jones

2. Antonio Brown

3. DeAndre Hopkins

4. AJ Green

5. Brandon Marshall

6. Dez Bryant

7. Demaryius Thomas

8. Odell Beckham Jr

9. ARob

10. Fitz

So are we talking better careers or better in 2016? Why does it matter how many years Robinson has done it unless:

A - You are talking about who has had the better career, or

B - You think 2015 might have been a fluke.

If it's A, then we weren't discussing the same thing. If it's B, then lol. There is literally no reason to believe that Robinson's 2015 was a fluke.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:So are we putting ARob over Dez Bryant, Amari Cooper, Demaryius Thomas, Fitz, Jordy Nelson and Brandon Marshall?

It's a good thing I started off by saying he's not quite top five yet but certainly in the top eight through ten. I am factoring in multiple variables in my rankings. Age, QB situation and injuries. If Robinson continues to trend upward with Bortles. He DOES have the potential to finish statistically in the top five by the end of the 2016 NFL season. He was leading the leauge in most plays downfield with catches for 20+ yards and going back and forth with the leauge lead in TD receptions.

Dez Bryant's production is really up to Romo's health. At this age. He's falling apart. Can't remember the last time he finished a full season of football in Dallas.

Jordy Nelson could be right back to where he was in 2014. We'll see. It's a wait and see kind of thing at the moment.

Amari Cooper is going into his 2nd year. He's a solid receiver and he had a respectable rookie season. Dissapointed we didn't take him like I wanted in the draft. And the production is easy to see why. I still favor our Robinson's size and explosiveness over Cooper at this point in time.

Demaryius Thomas is currently going into a new season with a new QB. Could be 50/50 with his production. He was dropping passes left and right last year. Not sure if he was in a funk or not. Was he even in that Superbowl game? I don't recall hearing his name too much either.

Larry Fitzgerald is on the tailend of his career. His production could dip off at any point during the season. Especially with Malcolm Floyd and John Brown emerging as receiving threats around him.

Brandon Marshall may be in the same position as Demaryius Thomas this season. Did Fitzpatrick sign yet with the Jets? I don't recall seeing anything on that front. Who will be his QB then? Geno Smith? No thanks....

With all of that said. It's realistic to think A-Rob has plenty of potential to stay within the top ten at the very minimum of the receiving ranks this year with the very real posibility of going up yet another ladder to reach the top five statistically if he's fortunate enough to stay healthy as well as Bortles.

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Quote:So are we talking better careers or better in 2016? Why does it matter how many years Robinson has done it unless:

A - You are talking about who has had the better career, or

B - You think 2015 might have been a fluke.

If it's A, then we weren't discussing the same thing. If it's B, then lol. There is literally no reason to believe that Robinson's 2015 was a fluke.

I'm talking about who is the better WR. If you asked who had the better season, that's an entirely different question where Dez Bryant wouldn't even be in the discussion. I'm not saying his season was a fluke, but it was still only one season.

'02

He was 1st in tds, 1st in 20+ yards, and 6th in yards.

That's top 5 if you ask me
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Quote:I'm talking about who is the better WR. If you asked who had the better season, that's an entirely different question where Dez Bryant wouldn't even be in the discussion. I'm not saying his season was a fluke, but it was still only one season.

If you aren't saying it was a fluke, the why does it only being one season matter? He showed he had the tools necessary to be considered an elite WR. He is the single most athletic WR in the league (in terms of SPARQ scores) and that mix of size and athleticism proved to translate to this level.

Can you elaborate on why you keep saying "it was only one season"? What did Robinson fail to show last year in terms of skill?

(This post was last modified: 04-08-2016, 10:18 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

DeVante Parker will be an elite WR imo.  He was close to Cooper for me last year for me as aprospect and up there with the 2014 class of WR.   I agree with MJD that he breaks out this year and has the potential to be a top 5 WR

Quote:He was 1st in tds, 1st in 20+ yards, and 6th in yards.

That's top 5 if you ask me
He did this with a top 20 receiver and a top 10 tight end on the same team fighting for touches as well. Imagine his production if he was the only option in this offense? 

[Image: giphy.gif]

(This post was last modified: 04-09-2016, 07:31 AM by KYjaggy.)

Cmon now let's be realistic about Hurns. He's a solid #2 but he ain't sniffing top 20 WR in the NFL.

Thomas should be a top 10 TE but he also was not very close to that last year either. 

EDIT: And of course even if either were true then the counter argument that that just means Arob faced far less defensive attention than say a Sammy Watkins is a very easy and viable argument to make too. 

(This post was last modified: 04-09-2016, 09:34 AM by flgatorsandjags.)

Quote:Cmon now let's be realistic about Hurns. He's a solid #2 but he ain't sniffing top 20 WR in the NFL.

Thomas should be a top 10 TE but he also was not very close to that last year either.

EDIT: And of course even if either were true then the counter argument that that just means Arob faced far less defensive attention than say a Sammy Watkins is a very easy and viable argument to make too.
Thomas didnt play half the season it seemed and took a few games to wear off the rust after his injury and Buf. had a much oline and run game. Look out for White in Chi. this year as well. Hurns is a top 20 Wr imo. Hurns is open a lot and Bortles dont throw it to him. I think Hurns will have even a better year this year

(This post was last modified: 04-09-2016, 01:07 PM by hailtoyourvictor.)

Quote:Cmon now let's be realistic about Hurns. He's a solid #2 but he ain't sniffing top 20 WR in the NFL.

That would be a useless counterpoint considering how some of ARob's best games came when Thomas or Hurns weren't active. The amount of defensive attention had nothing to do with ARob's elite season. He's just that good.

IMO, Hurns wouldn't produce what he does here on a different team.  I think Alvin Harper leaving Dallas.

Which, is yet another compliment for Robinson.

And that's not to take away from Hurns, who does have the NFL record for TDs by an undrafted player in his first two seasons.

That certainly wouldn't have happened had he landed in places like Tennessee or Minnesota.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:IMO, Hurns wouldn't produce what he does here on a different team. I think Alvin Harper leaving Dallas.

Which, is yet another compliment for Robinson.

And that's not to take away from Hurns, who does have the NFL record for TDs by an undrafted player in his first two seasons.

That certainly wouldn't have happened had he landed in places like Tennessee or Minnesota.
in Hurns first career game he had 2 TDs and over 100 yrds with Henne at QB and A Rob didnt even start

Quote:in Hurns first career game he had 2 TDs and over 100 yrds with Henne at QB and A Rob didnt even start

Didn't you just shake your head when I cited Robinson's one game that Hurns didn't start?

Quote:Didn't you just shake your head when I cited Robinson's one game that Hurns didn't start?
wrong head

Quote:DeVante Parker will be an elite WR imo. He was close to Cooper for me last year for me as aprospect and up there with the 2014 class of WR. I agree with MJD that he breaks out this year and has the potential to be a top 5 WR
definitely, think hell be better than Amari this year barring any injuries to them or their qbs.

The influx of receiver talent in the last two drafts is crazy. Im sure theres some good ones this year but i really wish there was someone that could realistically go top 5 to make this draft a little more interesting.

Quote:The influx of receiver talent in the last two drafts is crazy. Im sure theres some good ones this year but i really wish there was someone that could realistically go top 5 to make this draft a little more interesting.

Treadwell is being slept on because of his 40 time, but I think he's going to be a darn good WR.

Quote:If you aren't saying it was a fluke, the why does it only being one season matter? He showed he had the tools necessary to be considered an elite WR. He is the single most athletic WR in the league (in terms of SPARQ scores) and that mix of size and athleticism proved to translate to this level.

Can you elaborate on why you keep saying "it was only one season"? What did Robinson fail to show last year in terms of skill?

It's not so much that it was just one year for ARob as much as it is the other top five contenders having proven themselves year after year. I just don't think you crack that list after only one season.

Speaking of great one-year seasons, we might also need to consider just how good the Panthers Kelvin Benjamin might be this year after missing his sophomore season. He could very well be in this discussion.

'02

Quote:It's not so much that it was just one year for ARob as much as it is the other top five contenders having proven themselves year after year. I just don't think you crack that list after only one season.

Speaking of great one-year seasons, we might also need to consider just how good the Panthers Kelvin Benjamin might be this year after missing his sophomore season. He could very well be in this discussion.

I'm fine with someone not putting him in the top 5. When you start asking things like Larry Fitzgerald and Jordy Nelson (at this point in their careers) better than Robinson then that's where Robinson starts getting too undervalued.

No, I think Benjamin's ceiling is topped at around the Keenan Allen level. I don't think he will ever be a top 5 candidate.

Also, as much as I dislike OBJ, putting him 8th on your list is criminal. The guy is averaging over 100 yards per game and nearly 1 TD per game in his first two seasons. Those are crazy numbers.

Quote:It's not so much that it was just one year for ARob as much as it is the other top five contenders having proven themselves year after year. I just don't think you crack that list after only one season.

Benjamin isn't among those tier 2 WRs, but he is definitely someone that pushes Hurns out of the top 20.