Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Beards

I just grow mine out. I don't trim it. I don't pretty it up nor maintain it. Ultimately my goal is to look like a Mongol or Genghis Khan himself so people in general are deterred from speaking to me. It does help during the cold months too. 

In truth. I am just lazy. It grows out within a week or two even if I clean shave it and look like a little chubby 12 year old boy again. In due time though. This is what it should look like. That's probably the closest example I could find of myself. I'll be 29 next month. Should look like a bat [BLEEP] crazy person in about 11 - 21 more years. Can't wait. 

[Image: PSM_V54_D647_Kipchak_people_of_the_Turkoman_peoples.png]

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I didn't mean to imply tailored jeans. Those are easy enough to find a good enough fit off the shelf.

Well I mean, the terms have been used in the clothing industry since forever. Hipsters would tend to be a lot more anti proper suit styling. Think tight jackets where the sleeves stop 3/4.

Think of the show How I Met Your Mother. I wouldn't call Barney a hipster, he knows a proper suit. Ted is much closer to a hipster and is anti suits most of the time.

I know, I was just snarkin' you.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Goatee all year until mid Oct, then I stop shaving and just trim until around Feb or my Wife yells at me.

My goatee is getting long now...and a bit gray lol

I can't grow much hair on my cheeks but, I got a neck rug like nobody else.

[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

(This post was last modified: 03-18-2017, 08:04 PM by JagsFanJay.)

Quote:Goatee all year until mid Oct, then I stop shaving and just trim until around Feb or my Wife yells at me.

My goatee is getting long now...and a bit gray lol

I can't grow much hair on my cheeks but, I got a neck rug like nobody else.

Same here, except my goatee is very gray. It's getting to a length where I can almost braid it. I wanna get mine like Jim "The Anvil" Neidhart. I wonder how he shaped his to get it so pointy. Mine is kinda wirey and unmanageable. 

Quote:Same here, except my goatee is very gray. It's getting to a length where I can almost braid it. I wanna get mine like Jim "The Anvil" Neidhart. I wonder how he shaped his to get it so pointy. Mine is kinda wirey and unmanageable.

Gorilla Snot.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:Yeah, and Tailored blue jeans? Those just come off shelf and onto the body.
That's how I buy mine. Being 5'10" and 140lbs, and most of that leg, it's ridiculous to try to find pants/jeans that are long and slim and not $$$. When I do find them I buy a couple of pair at least and I take very good care of them. I haven't had to buy a pair in four years, thank goodness. 

Quote:That's how I buy mine. Being 5'10" and 140lbs, and most of that leg, it's ridiculous to try to find pants/jeans that are long and slim and not $$$. When I do find them I buy a couple of pair at least and I take very good care of them. I haven't had to buy a pair in four years, thank goodness.

Lol, you sound hott. Tall and thrifty...my kinda girl!

Quote:That's how I buy mine. Being 5'10" and 140lbs, and most of that leg, it's ridiculous to try to find pants/jeans that are long and slim and not $$$. When I do find them I buy a couple of pair at least and I take very good care of them. I haven't had to buy a pair in four years, thank goodness.

I'm a 32x32 and it's outrageous to find. Men's pants are either made for fat short people (40x30) or super thin tall people (28x34)

If you're a guy around 6ft and in decent shape, good luck finding pants.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Quote:If you're a guy around 6ft and in decent shape, good luck finding pants.
I'm 6'1" and in decent shape though with a larger frame than most. I buy 38/32 Levi's 501 or 36/32 Levi's 514. The local store stocks everything from 26 waist up to 42 waist though on the extreme ends the length are somewhat limited; 40/32 exists but only a few models and colors. 

(This post was last modified: 03-19-2017, 07:50 PM by JackCity.)

My goal is to grow a beard so long it can double as a pair of jeans. Cheap, easy to wash, and one size fits all. 

Is round a shape

Quote:Gorilla Snot.

Thanks

Quote:Lol, you sound hott. Tall and thrifty...my kinda girl!

Lol. My husband appreciates the thrifty side of me and thinks I'm "kinda hawt" so I guess you're in good company.

Quote:I'm 6'1" and in decent shape though with a larger frame than most. I buy 38/32 Levi's 501 or 36/32 Levi's 514. The local store stocks everything from 26 waist up to 42 waist though on the extreme ends the length are somewhat limited; 40/32 exists but only a few models and colors.

Pfffft. Try buying a pair or 38/36 or 40/36 The stores around here either think you are short and fat or tall and skinny. Nowhere in between.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Quote:I'm a 32x32 and it's outrageous to find. Men's pants are either made for fat short people (40x30) or super thin tall people (28x34)

If you're a guy around 6ft and in decent shape, good luck finding pants.

I'm six feet tall and weigh 230lbs. I wear anywhere from a 36-40x30 depending on brand and cut and don't consider myself fat or short.

I hate all of you tall people. Tongue
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Quote:I hate all of you tall people. Tongue

So.. You pretty much hate everyone except for shorter midgets..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Quote:So.. You pretty much hate everyone except for shorter midgets..

What's your point? :teehee:

Quote:I hate all of you tall people. Tongue

You wouldn't if you knew how much extra a couple of inches of fabric costs. [BLEEP].
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Quote:You wouldn't if you knew how much extra a couple of inches of fabric costs. [BAD WORD REMOVED].

Or how much it costs to have a couple of inches of fabric taken off of something...