Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Transactions, cuts...

Allen, Allen, and Alshon.

Boom.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Bears will not re-sign Martellus Bennett. Could lose Alshon Jeffery too.
If im cutler and Alshon and Martellus are both gone im fuming.

Kevin White/Zach Miller/Eddie Royal/Marques Wilson sounds like a horrible time.

Quote:Which is why people are scared to death of Spence. There's concern over past offenders. Rarely do they get it together when they repeatedly get in trouble. Shame.

Spence hasn't failed a test in over a year while Gregory hasn't passed one in over a year. It's just willful ignorance to compare the two.

Quote:Spence hasn't failed a test in over a year while Gregory hasn't passed one in over a year. It's just willful ignorance to compare the two.
So you are saying there are no red flags since he hasnt failed a drug test in over a year?

Quote:Spence hasn't failed a test in over a year while Gregory hasn't passed one in over a year. It's just willful ignorance to compare the two.

I'm being willfulły ignorant for saying a kid who was kicked off of an URBAN MEYER coached team is a risk in the first round? How is it NOT a risk to draft a kid with drug issues? He may never smoke or whatever again, but past experience say he's a risk.

I remember the red flags with Blackmon before the draft from prior alcohol related incidents in college and people willing to defend the guy saying "Oh it happened so long ago, he's been clean since", "He was just being a college kid", "Who cares about his past issues look he's helping some sick kid in the hospital!" etc etc.

A pattern is a pattern and you'd be a fool to willfully ignore it.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:So you are saying there are no red flags since he hasnt failed a drug test in over a year?

No more than Joey Bosa, who actually got busted using something that's physically addictive.

Quote:I'm being willfulły ignorant for saying a kid who was kicked off of an URBAN MEYER coached team is a risk in the first round? How is it NOT a risk to draft a kid with drug issues? He may never smoke or whatever again, but past experience say he's a risk.

Comparing it to Gregory's situation *is* being willfully ignorant. Spence has shown he can stay clean for more than a year and supposedly even asked the EKU coaches to test him more. Gregory's been falling them left and right ever since he was a senior at Nebraska and failed the biggest one of his life for the Combine.

Quote:I remember the red flags with Blackmon before the draft from prior alcohol related incidents in college and people willing to defend the guy saying "Oh it happened so long ago, he's been clean since", "He was just being a college kid", "Who cares about his past issues look he's helping some sick kid in the hospital!" etc etc.

And Spence has been clean ever since getting kicked out of OSU/Big 10 and enrolling at EKU. His pattern's be juuuuuusssst a bit different than Gregory's has been.

Quote:No more than Joey Bosa, who actually got busted using something that's physically addictive.

Comparing it to Gregory's situation *is* being willfully ignorant. Spence has shown he can stay clean for more than a year and supposedly even asked the EKU coaches to test him more. Gregory's been falling them left and right ever since he was a senior at Nebraska and failed the biggest one of his life for the Combine.

And Spence has been clean ever since getting kicked out of OSU/Big 10 and enrolling at EKU. His pattern's be juuuuuusssst a bit different than Gregory's has been.

Spence is far different to Joey Bosa. Spence failed a test for ecstasy,lied to everyone about it including his father,then continued to take it ,failed another test and got kicked off the team.

I don't care what drugs anyone takes but Spence has some serious red flags,also was arrested last year for public intoxication while at EKU.

(This post was last modified: 02-21-2016, 05:48 AM by flgatorsandjags.)

Quote:No more than Joey Bosa, who actually got busted using something that's physically addictive.

I can tell you are very gullible person, you are one of those that would of believed his story when he lied to his family.  People have probably took advantage of you because you are too nice of a guy and you trusted them for them to stab you in the back.   The guy has red flags and is a bit of concern to draft.  We have seen it too many times with players that have had troubled past.   I know you dont believe it or see it and it goes over your head but its true. 

Of course there is always a chance the guy has changed his life around and has became a different person but in the Jags situation it is too much of a risk when it has happened too many times to us and other team in recent memory.  Especially when there are just as good prospects or better in the draft.

Quote:I remember the red flags with Blackmon before the draft from prior alcohol related incidents in college and people willing to defend the guy saying "Oh it happened so long ago, he's been clean since", "He was just being a college kid", "Who cares about his past issues look he's helping some sick kid in the hospital!" etc etc.

I view Blackmon's and Spence's situations differently. This isn't to try and state that one has more concerns than the other, but that they are just different situations.

Blackmon to me is the classic alcoholic. He just can't imagine or operate in a world without alcohol to get him by. He'll have a drink alone, he'll have a drink at a party, he'll have one any time of day.

Spence seems more like a party guy. He is a social animal and he loves being around crowds and having fun. If that means he has to drink or drop some X, then so be it.

Again, both cases have their concerns and both men are totally their own person. But the way you handle each one is different.

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Cromartie released
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Quote:Cromartie released

Hurns destroyed him when we played in NY.
Shock the world

Quote:Cromartie released

He always tried to show out against the Jags. I believe it was said that he felt jaded because his "hometown Jags" never showed any interest in him when he was a FA.

I would've been interested a few years ago, but he is starting to slow down now.

Quote:John Fox had that team playing way above what I expected out of them. Are they in cap hell?

They have nearly as much cap space as the Jaguars.

Quote:They have nearly as much cap space as the Jaguars.

They are in total rebuild mode with the new regime in place.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:I view Blackmon's and Spence's situations differently. This isn't to try and state that one has more concerns than the other, but that they are just different situations.

Blackmon to me is the classic alcoholic. He just can't imagine or operate in a world without alcohol to get him by. He'll have a drink alone, he'll have a drink at a party, he'll have one any time of day.

Spence seems more like a party guy. He is a social animal and he loves being around crowds and having fun. If that means he has to drink or drop some X, then so be it.

Again, both cases have their concerns and both men are totally their own person. But the way you handle each one is different.

True. But during draft time no one was calling Blackmon an alcoholic even though the signs were there. I'm a fan of Spence but the signs are there for him as well. Consider he got kicked off an Urban Meyer coached team, and Meyer is notorious for turning a blind eye to players with issues. Even though he hasn't tested positive for drugs since being kicked out of OSU he was busted last May for intoxication and disorderly conduct. That shows me that he still has issues. Will his issues just magically disappear when he becomes an overnight millionaire come draft time? Most likely not.

Quote:True. But during draft time no one was calling Blackmon an alcoholic even though the signs were there. I'm a fan of Spence but the signs are there for him as well. Consider he got kicked off an Urban Meyer coached team, and Meyer is notorious for turning a blind eye to players with issues. Even though he hasn't tested positive for drugs since being kicked out of OSU he was busted last May for intoxication and disorderly conduct. That shows me that he still has issues. Will his issues just magically disappear when he becomes an overnight millionaire come draft time? Most likely not.

I doubt that they will either, but that wasn't the point I was trying to make. Let's face it, both players have issues and those issues will need to be dealt with. This is a 20-something who is walking into adulthood and is going to have to make his own choices in life. If you are the organization that has him on your roster, then you want him to make good choices. I think it's apparent that he's going to need help in making those good choices.

In other words, Spence isn't a safe pick but he is incredibly talented. So if you want the talent part to shine, then minimize the non-safe part.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Quote:I doubt that they will either, but that wasn't the point I was trying to make. Let's face it, both players have issues and those issues will need to be dealt with. This is a 20-something who is walking into adulthood and is going to have to make his own choices in life. If you are the organization that has him on your roster, then you want him to make good choices. I think it's apparent that he's going to need help in making those good choices.

In other words, Spence isn't a safe pick but he is incredibly talented. So if you want the talent part to shine, then minimize the non-safe part.
I agree with everything you're saying but I'm letting another team figure all that out with Spence. Let him be babysat by another franchise.

For what it's worth, Spence wasn't kicked off by Meyer. It was an Ohio State rule that tied Meyer's hands.

Take that with a grain of salt though. Still like Spence
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Quote:I agree with everything you're saying but I'm letting another team figure all that out with Spence. Let him be babysat by another franchise.

The big issue with that, is that the team that is successful in babysitting him, may be getting themselves a double digit sack guy. Hence the rub.