Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Trump vs Cruz

Until we can flush the bowl full of turds that is the Congress and the US Senate, then yeah I don't want them doing a damn thing.  We need a clean slate and term limits.

We learned in the Sunday School who made the sun shine through.  I know who made the moonshine too, back where I come from.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Until we can flush the bowl full of turds that is the Congress and the US Senate, then yeah I don't want them doing a damn thing.  We need a clean slate and term limits.

Well, good luck on that.   Meantime, the country goes further and further into debt and nothing is solved because they are fulfilling your wish that they don't do a damn thing.  

Until we have a true third party, it's entirely possible that Congress will be totally ineffective. The divide between left and right is too far apart at this point, with fewer and fewer moderates in Congress as a result. A third party that's closer to the center and attracts those just left and just right of it would change the way things are done.

Quote:Plus.. his dad wants to put atheists in concentration camps.

I don't like Cruz, but this was debunked.  He decried secular morality, yes.  But he never suggested rounding up Atheists.  

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

Quote:I don't like Cruz, but this was debunked. He decried secular morality, yes. But he never suggested rounding up Atheists.

My bad.. he said atheists are perverts and molesters and suggests anyone who doesn't believe in a god or religion has no morality or hope.
Only a chump boos the home team!

Now that, yes he appeared to say.

Cruz also had an endorsement from Kevin Swanson who suggested that gays be put to death (but only after being given a chance to 'repent')

Like I said, I don't like Cruz.  I do think it's important that we get the facts, and not just the story.  

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

Quote:So you both want to elect people to not represent you. Genius.

I want less government, no one who goes to Washington wants that. The best I can hope for is gridlock.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:I want less government, no one who goes to Washington wants that. The best I can hope for is gridlock.

Gridlock in the current situation?   Are you serious?   With deficits set to explode if we do nothing, that's what you want?   To do nothing? 

Quote:Until we can flush the bowl full of turds that is the Congress and the US Senate, then yeah I don't want them doing a damn thing.  We need a clean slate and term limits.

#standwithrand

Quote:I want less government, no one who goes to Washington wants that. The best I can hope for is gridlock.

So people on welfare are freeloaders and takers, but you want to pay six figure salaries to hundreds of people to do nothing.

Quote:So people on welfare are freeloaders and takers, but you want to pay six figure salaries to hundreds of people to do nothing.

Those hundreds do far more damage when they get together to get things done.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:But isn't Cruz courting the conservative evangelicals?   That is the opposite of libertarian.  

Absolutely regarding the question you asked.

A few months ago though,  someone posted a political matrix of the 2016 Candidates in the Forum.   Using that as a discussion point,  many libertarians could decide to support Ted Cruz because of economic issues.   Especially,  when considering that there are going to be major concerns about Marco Rubio and Donald Trump amongst libertarians.   Though the same can be said about Ted Cruz,   it's a voting block that appears to be in serious play for Cruz if Rand Paul falls out of the race.  

Quote: Absolutely regarding the question you asked.

A few months ago though,  someone posted a political matrix of the 2016 Candidates in the Forum.   Using that as a discussion point,  many libertarians could decide to support Ted Cruz because of economic issues.   Especially,  when considering that there are going to be major concerns about Marco Rubio and Donald Trump amongst libertarians.   Though the same can be said about Ted Cruz,   it's a voting block that appears to be in serious play for Cruz if Rand Paul falls out of the race.  
It's funny, the Libertarians I know are all 100% behind Rand, obviously, but when he drops out, it's a pretty even split between Cruz and Sanders.

Quote:Trump's support is maxed out.  Votes from any of the candidates that drop out will go to either Cruz or Rubio.  Cruz is my guy, but he faces an uphill battle against Rubio.  The establishment is going to put 100% of their muscle behind him.  I think the only way Cruz wins is if Trump bows out, but unfortunately I don't see that happening.

One major reason why I'm at least cautiously optimistic of Ted Cruz beating out Marco Rubio if it comes down to the two of them is this seems like an anti-establishment Presidential Election Cycle.  Though I agree with rocdee that Fox News favored Marco Rubio last night in the way they presented their election coverage,  this year that might not be enough to stop an anti-establishment candidate emerging as the Republican nominee.   As a result,  I remain greatly concerned that Donald Trump still has a very realistic chance of winning the nomination.

Quote:It's funny, the Libertarians I know are all 100% behind Rand, obviously, but when he drops out, it's a pretty even split between Cruz and Sanders.

That's very interesting,  especially considering how far apart the two of them are on most issues.

Quote:Why do you hate Hispanics? I ask because when conservatives strongly opposed Obama, it was "unprecedented" and had to be because he was the first black president. When Hillary is attacked, it's part of the war on women. Any opposition to Cruz must be racially motivated.

His daughter must be a racist.

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://gfycat.com/CornyDesertedAmmonite'>http://gfycat.com/CornyDesertedAmmonite</a>

I don't see how any "Free Market Libertarian" could like Bernie. 

If/when Rand does drop out then I guess I could get behind this ticket...

[Image: ted_cruz_rand_paul.jpg]

Quote:I don't see how any "Free Market Libertarian" could like Bernie. 

If/when Rand does drop out then I guess I could get behind this ticket...

[Image: ted_cruz_rand_paul.jpg]
That ticket will/would be so awesome that some people would actually be stupid enough to vote against it.

Present.

Quote:That ticket will/would be so awesome that some people would actually be stupid enough to vote against it.
I'd vote for that pair.