Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Who to root for in week 12

Quote:If the Jags reel off a 5 game winning streak you can start talking wildcard as well.

I know what your saying... although actually, we've been talking wildcard for this entire thread, and it's not even the first of its kind.

'02

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I know what your saying... although actually, we've been talking wildcard for this entire thread, and it's not even the first of its kind.

Actually I have been talking about winning our division the entire time. Clinching a wild card spot would be nothing short of a miracle.

Basically everything we wanted to happen didn't. Rough week. Was fun thinking about playoffs while it lasted I suppose!

Quote:Basically everything we wanted to happen didn't. Rough week. Was fun thinking about playoffs while it lasted I suppose!
Yeah.

It was as if fate saw our feeble hopes and scoffed.

It was like the anti 1996 where everything went just right.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Quote:We are actually in position to make the playoffs.

While I think our best chances to make the playoffs are with winning the division, we are only a game back of the wild card as well as of this posting.

That said, here is a picture of the AFC playoff hunt, per big cat country

http://www.bigcatcountry.com/2015/11/24/...-11th-seed

Taking this at face value, to maximize the chances of Jacksonville making the post season, aside from Jacksonville winning (Bzzzzt!), we need to root for the following results:

Tampa to beat Indy....BZZZZT

New Orleans to beat Houston....BZZZZT

Miami to beat the jets....BZZZT

Buff to beat KC (though arguably a pick em, we'd have the advantage over Buffalo due to the head to head win)....BZZZT

Tenn to beat Oakland (I had a hard time typing this)....BZZZZZT

Seattle to beat Pittsburgh (second nature for me to type this)
Dang...we broke the buzzer!  LOL

http://playoffrace.com/NFL/Jaguars

Pretty good information on the big picture here.

Sweet site, Mandarin.

I wonder how they calculated the percentages.

so it's possible to be mathematically eliminated this week?

Mathematically, no. But a loss to the Titans combined with Houston and Colts wins would reduce Jags division chances to:

Jags must win out

Houston must beat Colts

Titans must beat Houston

Colts must lose out

Houston must lose to Patriots

Jags must improve strength of victory tiebreak over Houston by 5+ games

Houston and Jags both 8-8 in this scenario, Colts 7-9. Division record is a push at 3-3 for both Hou and Jax. Common opponents is a push. Conference record is a push. Strength of victory currently favors Texans by 41-37. Jags have to win SoV, as SoS will go to Texans due to Cincy vs Ravens and Chiefs vs Chargers.

Quote:Mathematically, no. But a loss to the Titans combined with Houston and Colts wins would reduce Jags division chances to:

Jags must win out

Houston must beat Colts

Titans must beat Houston

Colts must lose out

Houston must lose to Patriots

Jags must improve strength of victory tiebreak over Houston by 5+ games

Houston and Jags both 8-8 in this scenario, Colts 7-9. Division record is a push at 3-3 for both Hou and Jax. Common opponents is a push. Conference record is a push. Strength of victory currently favors Texans by 41-37. Jags have to win SoV, as SoS will go to Texans due to Cincy vs Ravens and Chiefs vs Chargers.

Good luck with that. Considering the above is virtually impossible, it quickly becomes clear that the Jaguars absolutely must get to 6-7 to remain in the hunt. Lose either of the next two games and we might as well consider their remaining games early preseason games.

We sometimes talk about what a "must win" game is. Well, without any doubt and by any definition, the Jaguars next two games, at the Titans and home against the Colts, are most definitely must win games.

'02

NFL.com has the Denver Broncos only ranked 5th even after their Defense defeated Tom Brady's Patriots without using Peyton Manning, sense something is wrong in the force.

Quote:NFL.com has the Denver Broncos only ranked 5th even after their Defense defeated Tom Brady's Patriots without using Peyton Manning, sense something is wrong in the force.
They know Manning with Ego-force his way back into the lineup when he is "healthy" and it will be cold and his ducks will be awful.

They just don't want to move them up just to move them back down in 3 weeks. lol