Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Rank the top 10 players (merged)

...my favorite Dave Brubeck tune!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

There is a big disparity between the top of the roster and the rest of the roster.  Unfortunately there is a big problem at the workman positions on this team.  On the plus side, the offense is functioning despite the limitations in the trenches.  That is a good structure to build and move forward.

The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

Quote:I'd take the same 5.

Maybe drop hurns for fowler, if he turns out to be a good pass rusher.
This.  Pretty big disparity between this group of 5 or 6 and the rest of the team.

No love for Anger?? :teehee:

"It was Blake Bortles the whole time. They believe in this kid. He reminds me a bit of a young Ben Roethlisberger." ~Mike Mayock

How about the 5 worst players then?

In no particular order:

Marcedes Lewis

Zane Beadles

Dwayne Gratz

Chad Henne

Toby Gerhart

I'd leave those 5. Clemons sucks, but that's due to father time so I couldn't include him. I'm sure I'm missing someone.

Bortles

Telvin

AR15

Colvin

Linder over Marks by a hair.

Quote:How about the 5 worst players then?

In no particular order:

Marcedes Lewis

Zane Beadles

Dwayne Gratz

Chad Henne

Toby Gerhart

I'd leave those 5. Clemons sucks, but that's due to father time so I couldn't include him. I'm sure I'm missing someone.
Branch is right there

Oh cmon. Branch is still relatively young and has played well at times this season. I'd lump him in with the Tyson Alualus and other average players on the team.

Quote:This is tough. I try to my best to keep 10 starting with the first five...

1. Blake Bortles

2. Allen Robinson

3. Brandon Linder

4. Aaron Colvin

5. Dante Fowler

6. Allen Hurns

7. Telvin Smith

8. Julius Thomas

9. TJ Yeldon

10. Sen'Derrick Marks
This.

<b>We Believe In Victory..</b>

Quote:Oh cmon. Branch is still relatively young and has played well at times this season. I'd lump him in with the Tyson Alualus and other average players on the team.
We have the worst pass rush in the NFL and that's his job so I would put him there.  Miller and Marks are the only two DL I'd keep after the season (and Bennett because of his potential)

Quote:Oh cmon. Branch is still relatively young and has played well at times this season. I'd lump him in with the Tyson Alualus and other average players on the team.

I wouldn't call Branch average, apart from two or three plays against the Titans he has been consistently bad this season.

Bortles, ARob, Yeldon, Telvin, and Fowler

Quote:Simple question: You can only take five plates on the current roster going forward- who ya got?

Yours?

<a class="bbc_url" href='https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plate_(dishware'>https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plate_(dishware</a>)

1. Platters

2. Dinner plates

3. Salad plates

4. Saucers

5. Bread Plates

Quote:How about the 5 worst players then?

In no particular order:

Marcedes Lewis

Zane Beadles

Dwayne Gratz

Chad Henne

Toby Gerhart

I'm keeping Marcedes over the likes of Branch and Alualu. They should throw to him more as he tends to be a force with the ball in his hands.

'02

Quote:<a class="bbc_url" href='https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plate_(dishware'>https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plate_(dishware</a>)

1. Platters

2. Dinner plates

3. Salad plates

4. Saucers

5. Bread Plates

I saw that... almost commented myself then said nah. How about fine China?

'02

Quote:I'm keeping Marcedes over the likes of Branch and Alualu. They should throw to him more as he tends to be a force with the ball in his hands.

He tends to drop the ball most of the time it hits his hands.

As for Branch, he was injured for what, 6 games? Yea he's not a world beater, but he has played decent football at times. I'm not trying to defend the guy - he would definitely be on my top 10 to dump- but I don't think he's worse than any of those other guys. Marcedes has carved out an 11 year career here, making tens of millions while at it, and has never produced outside of 2008. He blocks, great. That's what offensive lineman are paid for.

Doesn't fit the criteria - but I like these ten in some semblance of this order:

Bortles

Linder
Allen & Allen
Telvin
Marks
Thomas
Colvin
Cann
Fowler

Too lazy to organize their worth today. Besides, they're all very likely be Jaguars next year. 

Quote:I'm keeping Marcedes over the likes of Branch and Alualu. They should throw to him more as he tends to be a force with the ball in his hands.

You mean his once in a blue moon gallop up the field?

Surprised to see so many people choosing Fowler considering he hasn't played a down yet.

Quote:He tends to drop the ball most of the time it hits his hands.

As for Branch, he was injured for what, 6 games? Yea he's not a world beater, but he has played decent football at times. I'm not trying to defend the guy - he would definitely be on my top 10 to dump- but I don't think he's worse than any of those other guys. Marcedes has carved out an 11 year career here, making tens of millions while at it, and has never produced outside of 2008. He blocks, great. That's what offensive lineman are paid for.

Branch is str8 trash