Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Bradley Presser

Quote:It's not about micromanaging. It's about tell your [BAD WORD REMOVED] OC that running a sorry [BAD WORD REMOVED] runningback on goaline isn't going to work. Tell him that H-back [BAD WORD REMOVED] isn't going to fly and that handing the ball off to Tyson Alualu is the stupidest [BAD WORD REMOVED] ever.
If you make the guy you pay to make decisions review his decisions with you before he sends them in, that's micro managing.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Hopefully at least now Gus knows Gertrash stinks and should never see the field in any kind of key situation.
Make the Jags Great Again
Blake Bortles......YOU'RE FIRED!
Dave Caldwell.....YOU'RE FIRED!

Quote:I really wish Lee would get healthy. Would love to see him shine.
I'll echo that. I want to see what he can do. If he's the field-stretcher that can get behind DBs and fly like the wind, our offensive skill positions are pretty much golden.

Quote:If you make the guy you pay to make decisions review his decisions with you before he sends them in, that's micro managing.
Every play is called in via radio from the play caller (in our case, Olson) to the QB. The head coach hears those plays called in, and part of the head coach's job is to instantly process the play call and, if he thinks it won't work in that situation, overrule it. I don't know what your definition of micromanaging is, but broad supervision like that is not it. If you told your boss that you were going to try and fix the copier by setting it on fire, would you accuse him of micromanagement if he said that that was a terrible idea and you shouldn't do it?

What if your boss had already let you set three copiers on fire, but the new ones kept having the same problem after a couple of days? Would you complain about being micromanaged if your boss told you that instead of setting another copier on fire, you were going to try reloading the paper tray instead?

Quote:I'll echo that. I want to see what he can do. If he's the field-stretcher that can get behind DBs and fly like the wind, our offensive skill positions are pretty much golden.

Every play is called in via radio from the play caller (in our case, Olson) to the QB. The head coach hears those plays called in, and part of the head coach's job is to instantly process the play call and, if he thinks it won't work in that situation, overrule it. I don't know what your definition of micromanaging is, but broad supervision like that is not it. If you told your boss that you were going to try and fix the copier by setting it on fire, would you accuse him of micromanagement if he said that that was a terrible idea and you shouldn't do it?

What if your boss had already let you set three copiers on fire, but the new ones kept having the same problem after a couple of days? Would you complain about being micromanaged if your boss told you that instead of setting another copier on fire, you were going to try reloading the paper tray instead?
Sorry, but it doesn't work that way.

There is a 40 second play clock to work with. There isn't time for the OC to analyze down and distance, decide what play he is going to call, relay that play, have the HC review the play call, decide he doesn't like the call, have the OC decide a new play call, relay that play call, have the HC decide he can accept the play call, QB relay the play call, line up the players, make the proper reads, make adjustments and call audibles if needed, and finally snap the ball.

And you can't compare calling a play to fixing a copier by setting it on fire. It is normal for plays not to work. It will happen a dozen times a game even by the best coaches in the league. It's not normal to fix copiers by setting them on fire.

Also, at work your boss would have time to stop everything, evaluate what is going on, and decide on a different strategy. There is no game clock ticking in the background. In the fast pace constantly evolving situation that is a football game, you don't have this luxury. You do your thing and then when it is over and you have time to process everything that happened, you evaluate, critique, and then take what you learned anmove on to the dozens of hours it will take to get ready for the next game.

Quote:Compete? I'm sure Meyers nails everything in practice.

He is the Blaine Gabbert of kickers

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I really wish Lee would get healthy. Would love to see him shine.

Watch here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVmhs_WwhlQ

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Quote:Hopefully at least now Gus knows Gertrash stinks and should never see the field in any kind of key situation.

With Bradley's game planning, they'll add some more plays to get Gerhart involved more.