Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Star Wars the Force Awakens, CAUTION: SPOILERS HERE

Quote:And...

...didn't Han use Luke's light saber to slice the Tauntaun before he tucked Luke into it?

Non jedi can likely activate them even if they don't really know how to use them.

Yep, it made the temperature inside the Tauntaun luke warm.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

One thing's for sure...

...as excited I am about this film, if Abrams pulls some alternate universe/reality [BLEEP] I'm honestly done with it.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote: 

The Japense trailer was released with new footage...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SdAUiyeJMFQ

Speculation/spoiler...

*SPECULATION THAT MAY EVENTUALLY BE A SPOILER*

I noticed Rey's outfit a while back as something that looks a lot like Luke's original clothes. As to Luke, I think that Kylo Ren is his son (again with the Vader references), and Luke's disappearance is directly linked to Kylo's rise within the Imperial ranks to, apparently, being a Sith or something close to it. I suppose it's possible that Kylo and Ren are twins who were separated at birth, but I'd rather SW not pull that plot device out again, instead having one be Luke's kid and the other Leia/Han's, or having one or both of them be completely unrelated to the original cast. Throwing this out there as an example, not something to start a CoC-bending conversation, but there are a lot of people out there who seek to follow in the footsteps of Jesus. It's not too far-fetched that a Force-adept kid would fall to the Dark Side and seek to follow in the footsteps of Vader. Maybe Luke had been training Kylo Ren after sensing his power, and Kylo's fall to the Dark Side is why Luke is in hiding?

Quote:One thing's for sure...

...as excited I am about this film, if Abrams pulls some alternate universe/reality [BAD WORD REMOVED] I'm honestly done with it.
Abrams got away with that because Star Trek was a property on life support, and nothing was off the table when it came to saving it. If he tried anything like that with Star Wars that would alter the existing continuity, he would be chased to the ends of the earth by an army of obese, balding middle-aged men emerging from their mothers' basements with plastic lightsabers in hand.

Chinese trailer:

http://youtu.be/ECYgD7zylrE

Quote:Chinese trailer:

http://youtu.be/ECYgD7zylrE

Woah, was that Kylo with his helmet off at the end?

I did not realize The Force had been sleeping. See what you loud inconsiderate people have done?

Saw this during the week (wish I could find the actual meme):

"Finn was exiled because he had good aim."

PSA:

Not sure if anyone mentioned this yet, but some theaters are being given permission to show on THURS Dec 17 at 7 and 9pm.

If you were waiting to see it later because the 18th shows sold out, you might be able to jump to the front of the line.

I'm glad I waited (I'm in Cincy instead of Jax anyway, so I would have had to get a refund), and I'm certainly glad I wasn't one of the folks who bought theirs on eBay (if anyone actually did.)

I'm not even going to try to get in on Thursday. It'll be a madhouse. We're going to a 2:10 PM show on Friday. I figure all the kiddies will still be in school, all the grown ups will still be at work, and we'll have our choice of seats if we show up, at most, 90 minutes early.

(This post was last modified: 12-14-2015, 03:47 PM by HolsterHusto.)

Got my tickets for Saturday morning, I am super pumped. Will be avoiding the internet from opening day till Saturday.

The premiere was last night so If you dig deep enough you can find spoilers...which I did cause no patience

You are all a bunch of dorks.  Not that there's anything wrong that.

Kaishakunin for hire.

* (disclaimer) If you think I'm serious, hit yourself in the face w/ a hammer.

Did Luke and Leia have a super Jedi kid that became this new evil Vader.

Quote:Did Luke and Leia have a super Jedi kid that became this new evil Vader.

No, but Leia and Han did.

Huh

Quote:No, but Leia and Han did.
DAMMIT, NO. STOP. NO.

I was never that heavy into Star Wars, always more of an Indiana Jones man myself...but from what I read I think I may be done with SW. Killing off a major character in a anti-climatic way is kind of lame. The initial reviews were positive but now there's people saying it isn't that great

Quote:I was never that heavy into Star Wars, always more of an Indiana Jones man myself...but from what I read I think I may be done with SW. Killing off a major character in a anti-climatic way is kind of lame. The initial reviews were positive but now there's people saying it isn't that great

Sometimes you just have to see for yourself.  In the theater!

Huh

Goodbye thread until I see it Friday
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Quote:I was never that heavy into Star Wars, always more of an Indiana Jones man myself...but from what I read I think I may be done with SW. Killing off a major character in a anti-climatic way is kind of lame. The initial reviews were positive but now there's people saying it isn't that great

Damn man... Spoilers.

I didn't say who tho