Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Let's Talk About Hurns

Quote:So what you're really saying is you in fact DID bypass the filter and appropriately received a warning for it, but you still want to act all butthurt about it. Gotcha.
Read my other post, warrior.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

C'mon guys, let's talk about Burns

Quote:That's nice and all, but I didn't try and avoid or trick the filter. I typed a letter, and didn't try and replace letters with numbers/symbols. Terrible judgement and you're just eager to give warnings. Pathetic...

How do you know I wasn't saying frig, frick, or fudge? You don't. You just assume.

Quote:Read my other post, warrior.

Funny how you conveniently keep forgetting to include the little detail that you followed up that letter with the word "off"...but hey, you keep making me out to be the big bad mod if it makes you feel better about yourself.
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Quote:God I hate when people call him Burns

Quote:SIDE BURNS!

I can't stand that either so I just edited the title.

'02

Hurns was great today his second effort when the play breaks down reminds me of cobb

My only concerns about our wideouts is how easily a rob gets taken away

Norman and Davis are good corners but a Rob has to learn to beat them if we are going to have success.

Obviously Thomas coming back will be a huge help taking some attention off him but I think Lee was meant to become our wr1.

If he can't stay healthy I dont think there is a more pressing need

Quote:  

Funny how you conveniently keep forgetting to include the little detail that you followed up that letter with the word "off"...but hey, you keep making me out to be the big bad mod if it makes you feel better about yourself.
And? Who cares if I wrote "off" ? The letter F could mean anything. My point still stands, and your judgement was wrong. Keep throwing out those warnings if it makes you feel better about yourself. You're like a park supervisor trying to be a SEAL.

Quote:And? Who cares if I wrote "off" ? The letter F could mean anything. My point still stands, and your judgement was wrong. Keep throwing out those warnings if it makes you feel better about yourself. You're like a park supervisor trying to be a SEAL.

We care. Whatever you actually meant by it (in this case I can't even think of another meaning), if the most likely interpretation is clearly in violation of the rules we're going to warn for it. Consider this the next time you want to use an acronym. Any one us would have warned you for that.

'02

Quote:And? Who cares if I wrote "off" ? The letter F could mean anything. My point still stands, and your judgement was wrong. Keep throwing out those warnings if it makes you feel better about yourself. You're like a park supervisor trying to be a SEAL.

You can moan, groan, complain and stomp your feet all you like, but we both know I wasn't wrong. You are just making yourself look very silly trying to pretend otherwise.
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(This post was last modified: 10-05-2015, 04:54 AM by Sosa.)

Quote:You can moan, groan, complain and stomp your feet all you like, but we both know I wasn't wrong. You are just making yourself look very silly trying to pretend otherwise.
You're giving yourself too much credit. This is quite humorous, actually.

Have you seen my posts? Do you honestly think I care how i'm viewed on the internet?

I'd like to volunteer for moderator.

That's how you get moderator around here, right? Yep. Just a group of keyboard warriors that think they're better than the rest of the members on this forum. Everyone here knows you're trigger happy with warnings and you WANT to get people banned I guess. The power has gone to your head, Bunnie. Quick! Throw the ring into the fire before it destroys you!

(This post was last modified: 10-05-2015, 04:53 AM by Sosa.)

Quote:We care. Whatever you actually meant by it (in this case I can't even think of another meaning), if the most likely interpretation is clearly in violation of the rules we're going to warn for it. Consider this the next time you want to use an acronym. Any one us would have warned you for that.
It actually meant fudge. You know, F is for fudge? It's my favorite dessert. 

Quote:Here...let me help you out. <a class="bbc_url" href='http://jungle.jaguars.com/index.php?/topic/2553-message-board-rules/'>http://jungle.jaguars.com/index.php?/topic/2553-message-board-rules/</a>

About 1/3 of the way down...there is a whole paragraph explaining it for you. Go read it. Then you can come back in here and stop pretending that you didn't do anything wrong.
you assume people read that book b4 they post tho?

My complaint is not with the filter. I respect the fact that the moderators are trying to keep it clean here.

My complaint is primarily with one moderator who continually violates this paragraph of the rules:

"You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this bulletin board to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violative of any law."

The moderator I'm talking about makes it a habit to use abusive, hateful language directed at posters. So, this begs the question;

Who moderates the moderators? As the saying goes, " power corrupts.......and absolute power corrupts absolutely"

Quote:Grown men crying so much about getting a warning...wow. Does anyone need a tissue or a hug maybe? Rolleyes

Yeah, you guys should wear your warning like a badge of honor.

They have labeled you a "bad boy"

Some posters actually have it listed right under their name for all to see.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Quote:It actually meant fudge. You know, F is for fudge? It's my favorite dessert. 

Yeah, those fudgey Jaguars can really get you in trouble sometimes huh?

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Quote:That's nice and all, but I didn't try and avoid or trick the filter. I typed a letter, and didn't try and replace letters with numbers/symbols. Terrible judgement and you're just eager to give warnings. Pathetic...

How do you know I wasn't saying frig, frick, or fudge? You don't. You just assume. 
Dude you have to know every single word that the forum is gonna censor and only type those!

Who's Hurns?  I really wanna talk about this Burns character we got.  I looked for the Burns thread, but figured this one had to be it (albeit with a misspelled title).

One of these years.............

Quote:My complaint is not with the filter. I respect the fact that the moderators are trying to keep it clean here.

My complaint is primarily with one moderator who continually violates this paragraph of the rules:

"You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this bulletin board to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violative of any law."

The moderator I'm talking about makes it a habit to use abusive, hateful language directed at posters. So, this begs the question;

Who moderates the moderators? As the saying goes, " power corrupts.......and absolute power corrupts absolutely"
^^This

One of these years.............

I learned my lesson and now I'll always preview my [BAD WORD REMOVED] posts before I hit the button to make sure my damn curse words are filtered by the [BAD WORD REMOVED] filter. If I post something that the filter doesn't recognize as vulgar enough to be filtered then I go back and try to find something more offensive to post.

But it never filters damn, so I assume that damn is ok because damn is like the most basic [BAD WORD REMOVED] cuss word there is and for the piece of [BAD WORD REMOVED] filter to not filter that [BAD WORD REMOVED] would be senseless.

Could we get Carlin over here for a ruling?

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:A-Rob is on pace for 1000 yards too. He has 330 rec yards. Also 2TDs. And about a 23 ypc.

Agreed. I give the edge to Hurns because he seems to make more plays on 3rd down and such.
[Image: 160572067683e562faff2fbedb33413b.gif]

Quote:Who's Hurns? I really wanna talk about this Burns character we got. I looked for the Burns thread, but figured this one had to be it (albeit with a misspelled title).

Hahahaha, one of the mods changed the thread title from "Burns" to "Hurns." What a joke.
[Image: 160572067683e562faff2fbedb33413b.gif]