Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
#BlaineBortles

Quote:You are in total denial. Stop lying to your self. Bortles sucked. He is scared. He's running around back there a la Blaine Gabbert. but the kicker is he's obviously chucking overthrown passes afraid of throwing a pick.

He looked more like he was forcing things than he was sacred...

There's a big difference between being a hopeless loser like Gabbert and trying to hard like Blake did today.

Don't get me wrong, he was more Blank Bortles than he was Blake Bortles...  But I think he's salvageable.  Blaine was and is not salvagable...

But man, a few more games like this one, and I'll say it's time to pick up another QB.  

Blank looked horrible out there today...  The only positive was his 2 minute drill.  That 2 minute drill was a thing of beauty...  And it gives me hope that Blank Bortles isn't the real QB...  Let's give him a few more games.

But man, he looked AWEFUL today.  He looked just as bad as Can't Newton...  

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 09-13-2015, 06:37 PM by realisticjohn.)

UNtil something changes drastically, to me he is BBINT.

All last season, and first game this season.. he is an INT machine.

Then once he's thrown the first (you know it's coming) pick.. he's gun shy the rest of the game.

BBINT

He looks down his wideouts.

He is seeing ghosts in the pocket

Should have gone with Mack

Quote:He looks down his wideouts.

Mack and then trade up for Teddy last year.

Select Cooper this year....

I still really like Blake doe

Quote:He looks down his wideouts.

Sounds like #11 that used to be the QB on this team

Quote:Mack and then trade up for Teddy last year.

Select Cooper this year....

I still really like Blake doe

I doubt no matter who they brought in that they would have success under this coach.

(This post was last modified: 09-13-2015, 08:10 PM by SuperJville.)

He was very, very bad.

He's got what, 12 TDs in his career?  And nearly has 1/2 as many interceptions returned for TDs.

<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

Not a great game for Blake today, but I'm not going to throw the towel in on him yet. He keeps impressing in pre-season. There is some talent in there somewhere, he just needs to learn to channel it in the regular season. It's not like giving up on Blaine because you realized his internal clock was absolutely destroyed and there was no coming back from that. He was drafted as a project, so I'll give him a little more leeway than the usual QB, while he continues to try to figure it all out.

That said, if at the end of the season Blake's still playing like he did today and it becomes obvious the team needs a new QB, I really, really, hope the team takes someone who actually knows how to play the position. I'm getting tired of taking these project QB's who are drafted high because they can throw the ball far, are tall, and look handsome "like a quarterback," who need "time to develop" and then promptly are thrown onto the field without any of that time to develop because no coach feels comfortable enough in their job security to leave a dud QB out there while "the future" learns how to play quarterback. It's pretty obvious if you're drafting high enough to take a franchise QB, your current QB isn't exactly all that good. But no one's going to risk their job, and food on their family's table, to keep playing a Chad Henne just so the GM (who is most likely safe) can draft his projects who he expects to be around after the current coach is fired for "not winning enough" with the useless placeholder QB. Exact same song and dance with the last 2 GM's in that regard. Wallbash Wallbash Wallbash

"The season's not over... we still have a bunch of games to lose..." - TemporaryName

"The middle of the field is like Narnia to us, we don't believe it really exists" - Marvsin

(This post was last modified: 09-13-2015, 09:01 PM by jagboss.)

So Blake has 5 pick sixes in his 15 game career?

Wow!

(This post was last modified: 09-13-2015, 09:13 PM by Jagsfan32277.)

Did anybody notice towards the end of the game Bortles long throwing motion came back. He is what he is. A college spread offense running QB and not a pro drop back, classic over the top compact throwing motion and smart.

Quote:Did anybody notice towards the end of the game Bortles long throwing motion came back. He is what he is. A college spread offense running QB and not a pro drop back, classic over the top compact throwing motion and smart.

Yeah I did notice. But to be fair he was equally poor while throwing down field early. This guy is not accurate and floats balls long and short. We need to continue try and develop but we better draft a qb next year. The last time we drafted a qb for future development was David Garrard when Coughlin drafted him.

Quote:No I have made my mind up I can't [BAD WORD REMOVED] stand you call me a bully all you want

Hahahaha
[Image: 160572067683e562faff2fbedb33413b.gif]

Marcus Mariota in 1 game has show more than Bortles has in 2 years

My point it doesn't take forever to know if a QB is good

C'mon ya'll he played good. He did hold the ball to long sometimes or over threw a reciever. The sack he took when he tried to run, he paniced cause he had a pocket. He has to continue to trust his line. Line has got to let him know they will protect him at their very best. The team is gonna have mistakes but it's being able to work through them. The other int was not really Blakes fault. One thing I have noticed is when a WR makes a tough catch they jump up and flaunt it and boom the very next play they give up a big play lose the ball don't make a wide open catch. I still am hope for 5-11, 7-9 would be better. It's just gonna be painful still.  

Quote:C'mon ya'll he played good. He did hold the ball to long sometimes or over threw a reciever. The sack he took when he tried to run, he paniced cause he had a pocket. He has to continue to trust his line. Line has got to let him know they will protect him at their very best. The team is gonna have mistakes but it's being able to work through them. The other int was not really Blakes fault. One thing I have noticed is when a WR makes a tough catch they jump up and flaunt it and boom the very next play they give up a big play lose the ball don't make a wide open catch. I still am hope for 5-11, 7-9 would be better. It's just gonna be painful still.  

He did not play good at all.

;

;

Quote:Marcus Mariota in 1 game has show more than Bortles has in 2 years

My point it doesn't take forever to know if a QB is good
Tampa fans must be sad now.  It's like the Sam Bowie/Michael Jordan draft.

Quote:Tampa fans must be sad now.  It's like the Sam Bowie/Michael Jordan draft.

True whats sad for us is we will probably be drafting another QB in 2017 while Colts and Titans already have their franchise QB

He didn't look good yesterday against a good defense, but we sure turned on him quickly. It's going to get worse because the defenses will get better. Miami is next.
No commercial messages in sigs

Quote:True whats sad for us is we will probably be drafting another QB in 2017 while Colts and Titans already have their franchise QB

At least we're in the same boat as the Texans. Not even Watt can help that sorry team score enough points when it matters.

[spoiler]inb4 Texans get their franchise QB before us.[/spoiler]

I haven't even bothered reading this thread, but the similarities between the two are non-existent.