Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Who's Currently Number One In Your Clubhouse?

Quote:Republicans are hoping that Bernie Sanders loses to Hillary and runs as a third party.

Democrats are hoping that Ted Cruz gets curb-stomped and runs as a third party.

Either scenario would be a disaster for whoever wins their party's nomination.

I could see Cruz running as a Libertarian although he's more a straight line conservative, but he wouldn't draw many votes. Trump is much more likely to go that route and draw enough votes to elect Hillary.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I could see Cruz running as a Libertarian although he's more a straight line conservative, but he wouldn't draw many votes. Trump is much more likely to go that route and draw enough votes to elect Hillary.
Cruz is about as libertarian as Hillary is.

Quote:I could see Cruz running as a Libertarian although he's more a straight line conservative, but he wouldn't draw many votes. Trump is much more likely to go that route and draw enough votes to elect Hillary.

I would describe Cruz as a conservative, but not an "establishment" republican.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Quote:Cruz is about as libertarian as Hillary is.

The Libertarian party has selected pseudo libertarians before. At least Cruz is against corporate welfare, which puts him ahead of most of the other Republicans.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

Quote:The Libertarian party has selected pseudo libertarians before. At least Cruz is against corporate welfare, which puts him ahead of most of the other Republicans.
I really like Gary Johnson. Was hoping he'd be the guy to bring the Libertarian Party above 5%. I'll admit, if Cruz ends up there (he won't), I'd probably vote for him in hopes of pushing to the magic number.

Quote:Republicans are hoping that Bernie Sanders loses to Hillary and runs as a third party.

Democrats are hoping that Ted Cruz gets curb-stomped and runs as a third party.

Either scenario would be a disaster for whoever wins their party's nomination.

I can't envision Ted Cruz running as a 3rd Party candidate in 2016.   Even if Cruz doesn't win the Republican Nomination in 2016,  he could decide to run for President in 2020 and/ or in another future election.    As a huge Ted Cruz supporter,  my take is one of his goals is for the Republican Party to go back to its Conservative foundation instead of looking like Democrat Party lite.   With an emphasis in the leadership of the party keeping its promises to the voters,  instead of what they are doing currently.  

I like Trump after the debates, very entertaining, and that's really all that matters. 

(This post was last modified: 08-07-2015, 01:03 AM by The_Anchorman.)

Quote:I would describe Cruz as a conservative, but not an "establishment" republican.

Cruz is a Senator from THE conservative state of TEXAS.  He is an Ivy League elitist that is the poster child of the Fox News crowd.  He is pro-war, anti-liberal, and pro-crony capilitalism.  

Cruz is the epitome of establishment republican.  He just say's he an outsider.  The problem with republicans is that they take republicans at thier word.  But then completely go cynical against everyone else.

You are way to easy to dupe.  

I could change my sign on from "The_Anchorman" tomorrow to "Lone_Star", change my avatar to Barf and start spouting the Cruz talking points and get all you guys to think I'm a non-establishment conservative just because I said I am.  

Seriously, I don't think you guys are actually understanding how to vote for politicians anymore.  You have gone so far to the right, you don't understand how to move the country forward.  Compromise is not a bad word.  It's how we get great things done.  

You know... LIKE THE CONSTITUTION!!!!!!!

The Constitution was not created by hard liners.  It was created by compromisers...

Quote:Cruz is a Senator from THE conservative state of TEXAS.  He is an Ivy League elitist that is the poster child of the Fox News crowd.  He is pro-war, anti-liberal, and pro-crony capilitalism.  

Cruz is the epitome of establishment republican.  He just say's he an outsider.  The problem with republicans is that they take republicans at thier word.  But then completely go cynical against everyone else.

I could change my sign on from "The_Anchorman" tomorrow to "Lone_Star", change my avatar to Barf and start spouting the Cruz talking points and get all you guys to think I'm a non-establishment conservative just because I said I am.  

Seriously, I don't think you guys are actually understanding how to vote for politicians anymore.  You have gone so far to the right, you don't understand how to move the country forward.  Compromise is not a bad word.  It's how we get great things done.  

The Constitution was not created by hard liners.  It was created by compromisers...

And I could change my sign to "Che`" and my avatar to Bernie and the Demos would love me too, just because I said I am. It's really no different.

And the Left's version of comprise is not "meet in the middle" its "give in on all your principles to my superior knowledge of what's best for everyone."

Sadly for us the Republicans happily accept that version while touting that they are conservative. We have no real opposition party, it's BIG GOVERNMENT and Big Government.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:Cruz is a Senator from THE conservative state of TEXAS.  He is an Ivy League elitist that is the poster child of the Fox News crowd.  He is pro-war, anti-liberal, and pro-crony capilitalism.  

His voting record says otherwise. He's certainly not a cronyist (nothing "capitalist" about government being in bed with business), and both voted against the Import-Export Bank and strongly opposed McConnell bringing it back for a vote. BTW, most Dems voted in favor of Import-Export, so that makes them cronyists in my book.

In not familiar with the export import bank issue. What's the concern there? Why is it all of a sudden a problem? Hadn't it been around for a while?

As for Cruz, I don't know, I just don't buy his persona. But that's just me, obviously we're going to disagree on it. Isn't he funded by the Kochs? And again, hire much of an outsider are you as an ivy league graduate? I just don't buy his act...

Quote:In not familiar with the export import bank issue. What's the concern there? Why is it all of a sudden a problem? Hadn't it been around for a while?

As for Cruz, I don't know, I just don't buy his persona. But that's just me, obviously we're going to disagree on it. Isn't he funded by the Kochs? And again, hire much of an outsider are you as an ivy league graduate? I just don't buy his act...

If he's funded by the Kochs that's a plus in my book. The Kochs are libertarians.

The Ex-Im bank loans money to foreign purchasers of US goods. These are customers that have such bad credit that they can't get a conventional loan. Almost all of it benefits two companies, Boeing and (IIRC) Caterpillar. It's pure cronyism.

Quote:As for Cruz, I don't know, I just don't buy his persona. But that's just me, obviously we're going to disagree on it. Isn't he funded by the Kochs? And again, hire much of an outsider are you as an ivy league graduate? I just don't buy his act...

As of recently,  Ted Cruz wasn't funded by the Koch Brothers.   One of his biggest financial supporters is Texans owner Bob McNair:

http://www.politico.com/story/2015/07/te...20889.html

Quote: As of recently, Ted Cruz wasn't funded by the Koch Brothers. One of his biggest financial supporters is Texans owner Bob McNair:

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.politico.com/story/2015/07/ted-cruz-super-pacs-rake-in-38-million-120889.html'>http://www.politico.com/story/2015/07/ted-cruz-super-pacs-rake-in-38-million-120889.html</a>

Thanks... I thought he was in the running for koch money, he's been invited to those private meetings with them...

Well, he is being funded by a billionaire, just not yet by the must famous ones...

By definition if you have a billionaire funding you, aren't you partaking in crony capitalism?

Quote:Thanks... I thought he was in the running for koch money, he's been invited to those private meetings with them...

Well, he is being funded by a billionaire, just not yet by the must famous ones...

By definition if you have a billionaire funding you, aren't you partaking in crony capitalism?
It means your support of free speech is proportionate to the income of your donor.

/s

Quote:In not familiar with the export import bank issue. What's the concern there? Why is it all of a sudden a problem? Hadn't it been around for a while?

I don't buy his persona either. If I may borrow a euphemism, "The lady doth protest too much." I think he's very likely to, if elected, show up in DC and immediately fall in line with the establishment, either because that's what he intended all along, or because he quickly realizes how lonely it is on Fringe Nut Island. He's at the bottom of my list after last night's debate, and considering that Scott Walker would rather see a woman die than allow an abortion and Marco Rubio either doesn't remember or willfully lies about bills he's co-sponsored, that's saying something.

Quote:It means your support of free speech is proportionate to the income of your donor.

/s
Yeah, but that's true for all candidates, especially the ones not named Donald Trump that insist it isn't true for them.

Quote:Thanks... I thought he was in the running for koch money, he's been invited to those private meetings with them...

My pleasure.

My take is if one compromises his/ her positions because of funding,  it would be an issue.   At least for me though,   a major part of the appeal of Ted Cruz is that many people believe he's going to do what's right and that's why they want to donate to his campaign.    If Cruz is elected President,  I believe the campaign contributions people gave him will turn out to be a great investment financially and ways even more important.    Having said this,  I'm not trying to sell Ted Cruz to you but I'm offering my opinion from my perspective/ viewpoint. 

Please give an example of Cruz being an "establishment" candidate.  I would argue that he is anything but that.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Quote:Please give an example of Cruz being an "establishment" candidate. I would argue that he is anything but that.

Well, he's got his own billionaire... he's loved by Hannity, and the Fox news crowd.

And let's be honest, if your claim to being non-establishment is fighting with McConnell, that's a pretty weak defence. Everyone on the right hates McConnell!

It would be more anti establishment if he was all lovey dovey with McConnell!