Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***Official Jaguars Vs. Texans @ London, England, UK, Game Day Thread***

(11-03-2019, 01:31 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(11-03-2019, 01:29 PM)SeldomRite Wrote: The team's situational awareness really bothers me, I get the feeling watching these guys that they have no idea about the rules or the strategy of the game. The end of the first half run the clock out play really illustrated it well.

Utterly disorganized. That’s the coaching staff’s fault.

Exactly.

Their on field practice time is limited, but I'm pretty sure they could spend about as much time as they want on film study and positional coaching. That these guys consistent seem to be clueless on so many areas is disturbing.

We see guys on teams like the pats always make great heads up plays, but the Jags players seem to continually fail at the little things.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Foles took the Eagles to the playoffs last year from a worse position. We have 2 games against the colts coming up, if we sweep those and the Texans take the division we can maybe steal the 6th seed Wildcard. The rest of the AFC isnt all that strong and the Bills (who I think will come back to earth) are the biggest competition for that.
Championship Formula:

1) Draft Trevor Lawrence!
2) Play good physical Defense! 
3) Keep 91% of the roster healthy!
4) ???
5) Blank #2
6) CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

(11-03-2019, 01:31 PM)JagFan81 Wrote:
(11-03-2019, 01:29 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Good thing I decided to take my wife to the ER rather than watch the rest of the game. Besides, her cries of distress were becoming a distraction.

They do know how to get in the way of football eh?! Smile

Let me guess Marrone 

Plenty to improve
Well keep working to get better
We didn't make enough plays

And completely ungrateful. I wouldn’t have been able to watch the first half had I not bent down and snatched the phone out of her hand before she was able to dial the second “1”.

I really wanna take the time to blow open this myth that Leonard Fournette is having a spectacular season. Let's take a look at the numbers:

Week 1: 13 Rushes for 66 yards - Long was 14 yards so 12 rushes for 52... not bad, but keep in mind we were losing 100 to nothing so I doubt KC was really paying attention to him
Week 2: 15 Rushes for 47 yards -  long was 14 yards... so 14 rushes for 34 yards... not so hot. 
Week 3: 15 Rushes for 66 yards - Long was 69 yards... yes that means he actually had 14 rushes for -3 yards... what a statline!
Week 4: Really the only week you could say was good: 29 Rushes 225 yards - Long was 81 Yards - 28 rushes for 144 - Now that is honestly a nice game
Week 5: 23 Rushes for 108.. looks good, however long rush was 48 yards so 22 rushes for 60 yards... man there's that amazing 2.7 yards per carry.
Week 6: 20 Rushes 72 yards - long of 16 yards.. 19 rushes for 56 Yards... 
Week 7: 29 Rushes for 131 Yards - A nice game for sure - 28 solid rushes for 111 yard after the long of 20... but wait we were playing the freaking BENGALS
Week 8: 19 Rushes for 76 Yards.... hmm not bad BUTTTTT - Long run of 66 yards, meaning he went 18 rushes for 10 yards outside of that.... 

In the land of fantasy football, Fournette is having a good season. Take away his lucky long runs which account for 328 of his 791 yards, then you have a below average season - yes, yes, you can add in his receiving totals which are decent this season and he has improved. 

Fournette is a great player, but I think people overvalue the yards here and quite honestly, who gives a crap if you win the rushing title but your team is 4-12? 

All of this being said, my beef with the whole thing is that we continue to be conservative and "pound the rock" which will never get us anywhere. We don't have Dallas' O-line.

(This post was last modified: 11-03-2019, 02:01 PM by Mowerguy.)

(11-03-2019, 01:24 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: Give Foles the football.. But still excited for what we have with Minshew and the future. Kid will get better..

No Doubt....and he will certainly learn .
And let's hope NF7 doesn't get hurt again.

The guys back home on the 5th Quarter made the point the coaches never made any adjustments at the half and made calls like they still had bb5 playing for them.
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

(11-03-2019, 01:43 PM)DarianSS Wrote: I really wanna take the time to blow open this myth that Leonard Fournette is having a spectacular season. Let's take a look at the numbers:

Week 1: 13 Rushes for 66 yards - Long was 14 yards so 12 rushes for 52... not bad, but keep in mind we were losing 100 to nothing so I doubt KC was really paying attention to him
Week 2: 15 Rushes for 47 yards -  long was 14 yards... so 14 rushes for 34 yards... not so hot. 
Week 3: 15 Rushes for 66 yards - Long was 69 yards... yes that means he actually had 14 rushes for -3 yards... what a statline!
Week 4: Really the only week you could say was good: 29 Rushes 225 yards - Long was 81 Yards - 28 rushes for 144 - Now that is honestly a nice game
Week 5: 23 Rushes for 108.. looks good, however long rush was 48 yards so 22 rushes for 60 yards... man there's that amazing 2.7 yards per carry.
Week 7: 29 Rushes for 131 Yards - A nice game for sure - 28 solid rushes for 111 yard after the long of 20... but wait we were playing the freaking BENGALS
Week 8: 19 Rushes for 76 Yards.... hmm not bad BUTTTTT - Long run of 66 yards, meaning he went 18 rushes for 10 yards outside of that.... 

In the land of fantasy football, Fournette is having a good season. Take away his lucky long runs which account for 328 of his 791 yards, then you have a below average season - yes, yes, you can add in his receiving totals which are decent this season and he has improved. 

Fournette is a great player, but I think people overvalue the yards here and quite honestly, who gives a crap if you win the rushing title but your team is 4-12? 

All of this being said, my beef with the whole thing is that we continue to be conservative and "pound the rock" which will never get us anywhere. We don't have Dallas' O-line.

You can't take away long runs.

Chipping away until you break a big one is an integral strategy in a power run game. 
It's a long established, tried and true method that our offense employs.

Fine to complain about our offensive strategy if you don't like it, but Fournette's big runs aren't lucky.
They are by design and do not skew his average, they are an important aspect of his average.

The optimism of some is admirable. The reality of the rest of us is well deserved. This is a medocre team with mediocre coaches. I OK with medicocre. Im mediocre on a bad day too.

(11-03-2019, 01:36 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(11-03-2019, 01:31 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: They do know how to get in the way of football eh?! Smile

Let me guess Marrone 

Plenty to improve
Well keep working to get better
We didn't make enough plays

And completely ungrateful. I wouldn’t have been able to watch the first half had I not bent down and snatched the phone out of her hand before she was able to dial the second “1”.
Lol!!
Next time just call her an Uber or something. I mean, is it a long walk?? And the act like we dont help!

(11-03-2019, 01:47 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(11-03-2019, 01:43 PM)DarianSS Wrote: I really wanna take the time to blow open this myth that Leonard Fournette is having a spectacular season. Let's take a look at the numbers:

You can't take away long runs.

Chipping away until you break a big one is an integral strategy in a power run game. 

Fine to complain about our offensive strategy if you don't like it, but Fournette's big runs aren't lucky.
They are by design and do not skew his average, they are an important aspect of his average.

I'll concede to that, I just think that people see his total numbers and just think he should be the focus of our entire offense.

The run D did not show up and the run blocking was terrible. It seemed like Minshew had jet lag or something, because his timing was off and he did not get the ball out and trust his WRs. lots of high throws, too, which is not like him. I'm not sure what the gameplan was, but it failed badly on all fronts.

The bye comes at a good time. The Jags are not out of it, but they need to start stringing wins together. I'm cool with whichever QB starts. I think it'll be Foles, to let the veteran set the pace for the rest of the year. Minshew can benefit from a break from the weekly pressure, keep his head in the playbook and game plans, and should do fine if called on. This kind of bad game will motivate Minshew even more, I think.

The Colts game is a must-win, of course.

(11-03-2019, 01:49 PM)Byron LeftTown Wrote: The run D did not show up and the run blocking was terrible.  It seemed like Minshew had jet lag or something, because his timing was off and he did not get the ball out and trust his WRs.  lots of high throws, too, which is not like him.  I'm not sure what the gameplan was, but it failed badly on all fronts.  

The bye comes at a good time.  The Jags are not out of it, but they need to start stringing wins together.  I'm cool with whichever QB starts.  I think it'll be Foles, to let the veteran set the pace for the rest of the year.  Minshew can benefit from a break from the weekly pressure, keep his head in the playbook and game plans, and should do fine if called on.  This kind of bad game will motivate Minshew even more, I think.  

The Colts game is a must-win, of course.

This game was a must win IMO

The biggest problem with Fournette is he's just not consistently productive. You can't take away his long runs, but the fact that he's been repeatedly run down from behind really calls his ability into question. Could Carlos Hyde have made those same runs and not scored? I think he probably could have.

Fournette biggest problem is he lacks suddenness. He was a terrible selection even without considering the Jaguars passed on two franchise QBs for him. That Mahomes and Watson went after him is the icing on the crapcake.

(11-03-2019, 01:48 PM)DarianSS Wrote:
(11-03-2019, 01:47 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: You can't take away long runs.

I'll concede to that, I just think that people see his total numbers and just think he should be the focus of our entire offense.

It's a fair point - concerning whether he's worthy to be so featured in the offense. 

I'd much prefer to use him as part of a committee approach with a complimentary back possessing a more shifty skillset than to run him 20-25 times per game from a power set.

(11-03-2019, 01:55 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(11-03-2019, 01:48 PM)DarianSS Wrote: I'll concede to that, I just think that people see his total numbers and just think he should be the focus of our entire offense.

It's a fair point - concerning whether he's worthy to be so featured in the offense. 

I'd much prefer to use him as part of a committee approach with a complimentary back possessing a more shifty skillset than to run him 20-25 times per game from a power set.

I just think you change with the times, what team wins the Super Bowl Running a power set? I mean really, I don't even understand why you hire a defensive minded coach in todays NFL. The whole goal is not to create a fantasy football team, but to win the Super bowl...

We've had talent but continue to underachieve because of the front office and coaches. Until we make the needed changes it will the same up and down underachieving team because that is what we have as our leaders, the front office and coaches. They can't win, we might as well fire marrone and see look for something new. I dont see that happening tho it seems as if Khan believes you can give regime forever to try to make something happen

(11-03-2019, 01:59 PM)DarianSS Wrote:
(11-03-2019, 01:55 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: It's a fair point - concerning whether he's worthy to be so featured in the offense. 

I just think you change with the times, what team wins the Super Bowl Running a power set? I mean really, I don't even understand why you hire a defensive minded coach in todays NFL. The whole goal is not to create a fantasy football team, but to win the Super bowl...

Good thing Marrone was an offensive coach before he became head coach then.

Strange how we played the 'horns much tighter at home than there in London.
The refs were beyond horrible didn't help at all.
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

I agree.......

This is Fournette’s history of carries.......2,1,2,3,1,-3,4,3,3,2,2,0,4,2,-2,3,1,3,36,1,4,0,2,15,2,3.......Average 3.8 ypc.

Two carries of any significance. 

Or would you rather have 4,3,4,3,4,3,4,3,4,4,3,4,3,4,4,3,4,3,4,3,4,3,4,4,3.........Average 3.8 ypc ?

Keep drives alive? Or force 3rd and long?

(11-03-2019, 01:29 PM)SeldomRite Wrote: The team's situational awareness really bothers me, I get the feeling watching these guys that they have no idea about the rules or the strategy of the game. The end of the first half run the clock out play really illustrated it well.

Thats all on the head coach. he is a terrible situation coach. he does not know how to adjust to the game as its going.

(11-03-2019, 08:18 PM)JAGFAN88 Wrote:
Thats all on the head coach. he is a terrible situation coach. he does not know how to adjust to the game as its going.

I agree, as the offense ran onto the field Marrone should have been telling them to make a quick throw to the middle then immediately get down.