Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***Jaguars vs Chiefs Gameday***

(This post was last modified: 09-17-2023, 04:24 PM by Mowerguy. Edited 1 time in total.)

(09-17-2023, 04:14 PM)rfc17 Wrote: It's the NFL. Teams have bad games. Some questionable coaching decisions, trevor not sharp, four near touchdowns where wr couldn't toe tap inbounds. Perfect storm of bad play.

None of those things concern me. The offensive line however is a problem.

This /\
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 09-17-2023, 04:24 PM by StrayaJag.)

Limited toe drag swag from our WRs as well lol

1 fumble and nearly 5 sacks allowed

(09-17-2023, 04:16 PM)carp8dm Wrote:
(09-17-2023, 04:10 PM)raptor6581 Wrote: The offensive coaches didn't make zay not drag his feet.... twice. They also didn't make trevor throw incomplete laterals.... twice. Or overthrow Zay on an easy TD pass, or Ridley play so close to the back line on 2 separate potential TD plays. Lots of players not executing issues today. It wasn't coaching, it was players not executing like they should.

Sent from my SM-A136U using Tapatalk

LOL.  OK.  

Respectfully disagree.  Even with all the shade you threw to Zay and Ridley...  We still would have won this game if we took the points instead of gambling on stupid down/distance/field position/time of game.

This game was ours.  We out played KC.  We clearly had the better talent than KC.  But our offensive coaching staff decided to gamble instead of taking points.  Or offensive coaching staff also decided to call plays that were clearly not working and moved away from the plays that have worked for us.  

It's a new thing to actually have the best players on the field.  But that's what we have.  When you have the better players, you don't gamble.  We were killing these guys.  And yet we couldn't take advantage.  Man [BLEEP] KC.  They aren't that good.  

Doug Pederson needs to get his [BLEEP] together.  He's about to let Press Taylor coach himself right out of a job.
Now, I agree that we had the better talent. We had the better defense. We also had coaches make some bad play calls. But the Jags lost this game because of multiple failures by the players. It's that simple. Even the stupid 4th and 10 at the end. Execution was the issue with that play. Ridley played too close to the back line rather than forcing his spot inbounds. Trevor released a tad late and placed the ball too far back. Should have kicked the FG. But should have executed that play better....

(09-17-2023, 04:23 PM)StrayaJag Wrote: Limited toe drag swag from our WRs as well lol

All four of those EZ passes were late.  WR can drag a foot if they get the ball earlier when theyre inbounds.

That was a Baguars performance at home it is what it is and it isn't pretty.

Another fun stat

Jaguars has 2 pens for a total loss of 10

Cheifs had 12 PENS FOR 94

(09-17-2023, 04:18 PM)Charlie Sheen Wrote:
(09-17-2023, 04:17 PM)mikesez Wrote: I completely disagree.   The right plays were called.  The offense just didn't execute them.  The playback got really short when we were close to the end zone (due to our deficiencies at guard and center) and Trevor slightly overthrew guys on the endline like 4 or 5 times.

I can think of a lot of play calls that weren't right.

Like 4th and 5.

Or not punching it in a single time when you were 1st and goal at the 1.

Or trying so many lateral passes.

Or trying a trick play with Kirk throwing.

Or continuing to try and force Agnew to be a WR.
I agree with some of this. Absolutely time to give up on this hairball dream of Agnew being a WR and treat him like what he is.... a darn good KR/PR. Playcalling was AN issue, but the major problem today was a lack of execution. Many of the bad plays could have gone way differently had the players executed better.

Reminded me of the Detroit game last year...except the Chiefs weren't as clean.
Black Jaguar: Yeah, it's a thing.

It was always the Jags!!!!

(09-17-2023, 04:07 PM)Charlie Sheen Wrote: Press 100% needs to lose play-calling responsibilities.

Yep. Coach, don’t give the keys to the Ferrari to someone when you should be driving it yourself.

Situationally we had some favorable scenarios, timely penalties, and some just don't be dumb moments. We rose to the occasion of losers central each time. Time to figure out what went wrong and figure it the heck out now, take the lumps before we lose too many games and turn things around.

Some of y'all need to relax LOL.

Would have been nice to win, but it is what it is. Too many missed opportunities. Too many dropped passes. Some bone headed play calling. Letting Chris Jones do whatever he wanted. OL really stunk it up.

We're 1-1 with a bad texans team coming into The Bank next weekend.

(09-17-2023, 04:07 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(09-17-2023, 04:05 PM)Khan Artist Wrote: This team is terrible.  Over it.  Knew not to get my hopes up

Oh for deity's sake, this isn't an airport, you don't need to announce your departure. Just don't come back mid-season when things are going good if you can't handle losing a football game in week [BLEEP] 2.

Oh get over yourself.  You're not some arbiter of truth.  You're such a condescending [BLEEP] all the time.

They ran the ball up the middle of the chiefs defense at Will in the second half, but for some reason we got away from it. First and goal on the 1 should have been a run up the middle instead of try to get cute with that stupid read option and Trevor taking a 5 yard loss. Terrible play calling and even worse execution.
Jaguars Fundamentalist

(09-17-2023, 04:22 PM)JaguarJosh2 Wrote: Ridley disappeared... offense got walloped by an offensive team. Bad play calling, refs sucked, defense doesn't hit and tackle well, and bad no field goal calls. Take your shots man what the heck was that.
It's okay if Ridley disappears. It's a part of why they got him. He disappeared because of coverage, which opened Kirk up to a solid game. No defense can defend all of the Jags weapons. Ridley, Kirk, Zay, Engram, ETN... One of them will have success each week. I didn't think the refs were all that bad. Not great by any means, but they've been much worse. Lol. Bad play calling, sure, at times it was pretty bad. Defense was fine. They did their job today. It's KC, you're never going to defend that entire offense, kinda like the Jags offense.

Today's big issue was play execution though.

Pacheco had 70 yards today with 5.3 YPC and Mahomes beat you with 30 late with 4.3 YPC. The running game is a silent killer in the NFL.

Biggest complaint. Going for it at midfield before half on 4th and 6 was stupid. You gifted them 7 there.

Trevor was off. The whole offense was. Its still aggravating that from 1st and 1 you cant run it in? I am sorry. Thats on play calling.

He didnt turn the ball over today. Chris Jones basically had his way all day. KC was able to run it when they wanted to. We couldnt.

You drafted a [BLEEP] RT, TE and RB with your first 3 picks and they didnt do dick today...

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(09-17-2023, 04:29 PM)Eric1 Wrote: Some of y'all need to relax LOL.

Would have been nice to win, but it is what it is. Too many missed opportunities. Too many dropped passes. Some bone headed play calling. Letting Chris Jones do whatever he wanted. OL really stunk it up.

Yup! Losses happen, as do bad games. Even SB teams have bad games. And we got the Cantgitrights coming to town to help the jags get right going forward.... It's fine. They're in good enough shape overall, and I'm confident they'll smooth things out.

(09-17-2023, 04:29 PM)Eric1 Wrote: Some of y'all need to relax LOL.

Great post as always. That's what they need to learn from this. The difference between good and great teams. Its those small margins and you say today we just couldn't get them and that's the game.

We will meet the Chiefs again in January and if we can correct these mistakes, we will beat them.

(09-17-2023, 04:32 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Pacheco had 70 yards today with 5.3 YPC and Mahomes beat you with 30 late with 4.3 YPC. The running game is a silent killer in the NFL.

Biggest complaint. Going for it at midfield before half on 4th and 6 was stupid. You gifted them 7 there.

Trevor was off. The whole offense was. Its still aggravating that from 1st and 1 you cant run it in? I am sorry. Thats on play calling.

He didnt turn the ball over today. Chris Jones basically had his way all day. KC was able to run it when they wanted to. We couldnt.

You drafted a [BLEEP] RT, TE and RB with your first 3 picks and they didnt do dick today...

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

When you're right you're right, and you?  You're always right..

It's frustrating as [BLEEP] to get schooled when it matters by KC 3 times in a [BLEEP] year. The offense was atrocious today and our line got bullied by Chris Jones with two days of practice over the past year.

The Chiefs had three turnovers and something like 80 penalty yards.

This is literally the easiest it will ever get to beat them. Damn near every bounce went our way and we STILL lose due to poor execution and poor coaching decisions.

That's why it's so upsetting. If we can't beat them at home with everything going our way, we can't beat them ever.

Im not a big plays guy but the offensive play calling was horrible today
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]