Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***Jaguars vs Chiefs Gameday***

(This post was last modified: 09-17-2023, 12:09 AM by JagFanatic24. Edited 3 times in total.)

If you include the preseason and playoffs, the Jaguars are now 11-2 since November 27, 2022…

If the Jaguars can win 10 more regular season games it will give the franchise their 200th win. 

Week 2, the Kansas City Chiefs come into the ‘Bank’ 0-1 after a week 1 loss against Detroit. Patrick Mahomes is now 64-17 as a starter in the regular season. 

The Jaguars offensive line struggled last week against the Colts, and it won’t be any easier this week as the Chiefs will get their defensive playmaker Chris Jones back after he signed a 1 year contract of $19.5 million with $18.4 million guaranteed. Jones has been selected for the Pro Bowl 4 times and an All Pro in 2022 where he registered 15.5 sacks.

Josh Allen is now ranked 5th in sacks after he registered a career high 3 sacks in week 1. Allen has 30.5 career sacks which moved pass John Henderson who has 29 sacks. Only 15 players in Jaguars history have registered 20 or more sacks in a Jaguars uniform, only 5 players have registered 30 or more.

Jaguars All-Time Career Sack Leaders:

1. Tony Brackens - 55
2. Yannick Ngakoue - 37.5
3. Joel Smeenge - 34
4. Calais Campbell - 31.5
5. Josh Allen - 30.5
6. John Henderson - 29
7. Kevin Hardy - 28.5
8. Paul Spicer - 28.5
9. Duwaune Smoot - 22.5
10. Gary Walker - 22.5

The Chiefs are 9-6 all time against the Jaguars. ESPN says the Jaguars have a 38.6% chance of winning.

More Stats:

Mahomes is 64-17 as a starter 
Lawrence is 12-22 as a starter  

Mahomes 8th in QBR - 103.7
Lawrence 23rd in QBR - 77.5

Lawrence 1st in NFL for Succ% - 55.9
Mahomes 10th in NFL for Succ% - 46.2

Lawrence passer rating - 103.8 (5th NFL)
Mahomes passer rating - 77.5 (24th NFL)

Jaguars are 6th defensive T.O.P
Chiefs are 23rd defensive T.O.P

Jaguars are giving up 2.5 ypc which is the 4th best in the NFL. The Chiefs are giving up 3.5 ypc which is 13th in the NFL.

Jaguars offense ranks 10th in yards with 342
Chiefs offense ranks 13th in yards with 316

Jaguars rank 24th with 3.0 yards per running play. Chiefs rank 4th with 3.9 yards per running play.

Jaguars offense on 3rd down - 38.5%
Chiefs offense on 3rd down - 50.0 % (1st)

Jaguars and Chiefs are tied for 17th on defensive PPG, giving up 21 ppg.

Jaguars on 4th down - 54.1%
Chiefs on 4th down - 67.9% (1st in NFL)

Jaguars run defense - 5th
Chiefs run defense - 23rd

Jaguars pass defense - 22nd
Chiefs pass defense - 27th

The game will be on CBS. Kickoff will be 1:00 PM. 

Weather Report: scattered thunderstorms in the morning then mainly cloudy in the afternoon with thunderstorms likely. Temperature, a high of 89. Chance of rain - 80%

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Duuuval

Quite the breakdown sir, marvellously played... Git tore intil them lads!

Out of all of that the two immediate things I take away... is i still think it was unnecessary to shop Calais Campbell...

And if push comes to shove an absolute monsoon wouldn't be disarming for us, I think I like our ground attack better than theirs (Although I admit the current prospect of Bigsby holding onto the ball in the wet does gets the sphincter tightening.)

We got this.

I’m excited.

And nervous.

Today we find out how good we really are.  If we win, commentators will be calling Jacksonville the team to beat in the AFC.  If we lose, the point spread will be a measure of how far we still have to go.
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

Snorting the Hopium.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(09-17-2023, 09:14 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Snorting the Hopium.

Bring the leetle Indian boys in now. 

[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse3.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3...ipo=images]

If the Jaguars are going to be real contenders, they should win this game. Are they going too get beat by 2-3 guys?

The Jags can win this game, they have the talent and they play well as a team. The question is , do they believe they will win?

History has not been kind to the Jags…
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

From the Chiefs MB:

[Image: 203e9d72fc731b1cb215457ad62b30cf.jpg]

I feel a win coming let's go duuuuvvaaaall
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

(09-17-2023, 09:36 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: From the Chiefs MB:

Well now, what to do about that?
A new broom always sweeps clean.

(This post was last modified: 09-17-2023, 10:07 AM by JaguarJosh2. Edited 2 times in total.)

Lets go out and show the league we mean business!

I think perhaps this game decides where our next meeting with them is played?

"Another home game for the Chiefs", man every team has delusional fans running rampant.

I like our chances, but the offense can't hurt itself like it did last week or turn the ball over. Like KC did against Detroit, they're going to have to look out of sorts.

(This post was last modified: 09-17-2023, 10:24 AM by Jag88.)

Hopefully josh Allen is second on that jags sack list soon.

Wow. Super disrespectful

(09-17-2023, 09:43 AM)Jag149 Wrote:

Well now, what to do about that?

Who's good at Photoshop?  We need Mahomes flat on his back with the big cat standing on top of him.
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

This makes me dislike that fan base so much more. They're becoming more obnoxious and distasteful than eagle fans

I really hope we win this game.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

lock down da bank yall

From the Chief’s board.

And here I thought it was only us being so anal about the game day thread header.

Fix the header. You have the same extra space as last time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasputin View Post
Isn't it supposed to be 4 * not 5?
What's going on here? Are we getting complacent with the game day threads? We need to be consistent every week, showing up and giving 110 percent.