Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***Jaguars vs Chiefs Gameday***

This team is not ready. We know that. As far as a legit running of the table. They don't have the continuity and they don't have the offensive line yet.

Pederson's pregame comment from Davis echo's their beliefs in the building. They are still building on from last year. It's week two. This team got hot late last year down the stretch.

If this defense keeps it up and the offense finds it's rhytm? It'll be fine. Again, this is one of five games I figured we'd lose it's just bittersweet because they won the turnover battle and penalty battle and still lost.

[BLEEP] happens. It's a 2x SB winning team with 3 hall of famers on it and a hall of famer coaching it.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 09-17-2023, 06:21 PM by Cleatwood. Edited 1 time in total.)

(09-17-2023, 04:37 PM)Khan Artist Wrote: It's frustrating as [BLEEP] to get schooled when it matters by KC 3 times in a [BLEEP] year.  The offense was atrocious today and our line got bullied by Chris Jones with two days of practice over the past year.

The Chiefs had three turnovers and something like 80 penalty yards.

This is literally the easiest it will ever get to beat them.  Damn near every bounce went our way and we STILL lose due to poor execution and poor coaching decisions.

That's why it's so upsetting.  If we can't beat them at home with everything going our way, we can't beat them ever.
The Chiefs the best team with the best player on the planet.

It sucks. No doubt.

But they’ll be fine in the end.

If there’s a positive though it’s that the defense showed up today.

(This post was last modified: 09-17-2023, 04:51 PM by JaguarJosh2. Edited 1 time in total.)

That was an awful performance. Not inspiring, not us, not fun, not memorable. Do we really have a defense? That is interesting because that was supposed to be the big weak link.

The team with the better o-line won today.
A new broom always sweeps clean.

AFC South tightens up with Texans coming in to beat us. Bunch of loser teams that can't get out of eachother's way.

(This post was last modified: 09-17-2023, 05:02 PM by wg171. Edited 1 time in total.)

(09-17-2023, 04:56 PM)Jag149 Wrote: The team with the better o-line won today.

“The game is won/lost in the trenches”
Is this old quote still true in today’s modern era?

Well, that was a bummer and a half

I get the frustrated hate with how the team played today. But, look at it this way: We are not the Giants.

They get shutout in week 1. If you look at the current match against the Cardinals, they are losing 17 to 0 before the end of the 1st half. They haven't scored a single point yet this season.

(09-17-2023, 05:01 PM)wg171 Wrote:
(09-17-2023, 04:56 PM)Jag149 Wrote: The team with the better o-line won today.

“The game is won/lost in the trenches”
Is this old quote still true in today’s modern era?

No. A team just has to have a minimum competency when it comes to pass blocking and the Jaguars don't have it so far.

Our defensive line is only decent and the defense is playing great.

(09-17-2023, 05:08 PM)Jagulars Wrote: I get the frustrated hate with how the team played today. But, look at it this way: We are not the Giants.

They get shutout in week 1. If you look at the current match against the Cardinals, they are losing 17 to 0 before the end of the 1st half. They haven't scored a single point yet this season.

True, but thats not the barometer we want to be measuring our team with.

We played very well defensively against the SB winning Chiefs - just wish we could have capitalized on offense a bit more and our coaches didn't make some crucial mistakes with playcalling.

Chris Jones won this game. Chiefs have the best QB and best defensive end in the league. That is why they are the champs and we aren't.

(09-17-2023, 05:10 PM)enigma Wrote:
(09-17-2023, 05:08 PM)Jagulars Wrote: I get the frustrated hate with how the team played today. But, look at it this way: We are not the Giants.

True, but thats not the barometer we want to be measuring our team with.

We played very well defensively against the SB winning Chiefs - just wish we could have capitalized on offense a bit more and our coaches didn't make some crucial mistakes with playcalling.

Right. If not for missed opportunities and poor execution on offense, Jags likely had this game.

Hats off to the Jags Defense
They played well

The Jags OL, QB, receivers and play callers let them down.

LOTS of mistakes by the offense and 4 or 5 big head scratching calls by Taylor/ Pederson

Jags offense and staff gave that game away

(09-17-2023, 05:12 PM)Jaguar Warrior Wrote: Chris Jones won this game. Chiefs have the best QB and best defensive end in the league. That is why they are the champs and we aren't.

He was dominate today. I had a feeling he would be. Holdout did nothing to affect his play.

(09-17-2023, 04:29 PM)Eric1 Wrote: Some of y'all need to relax LOL.

Would have been nice to win, but it is what it is. Too many missed opportunities. Too many dropped passes. Some bone headed play calling. Letting Chris Jones do whatever he wanted. OL really stunk it up.

We're 1-1 with a bad texans team coming into The Bank next weekend.

This. 

I expected to lose, just in a different way (Mahomes running and passing all over our defense to a 35-28 victory)

The fact our defense held them to 17 points was encouraging. 

The offense can clean up. 

Houston is beatable 

Cincy is 0-2 with a worse looking offense than ours. They’re not going to panic and neither should the Jags

Holding Mahomes to 17 is pretty darn good, especially when our offense isn't helping to keep him off the field.

Wow, 0-4 in the red zone . . . that's a killer. This game could have been ours.
[Image: badbaalke.jpg]

Giants have officially double our point total today.

a 17-9 loss at home in that fashion is Baguars material. We'd like those odds of them only scoring 17, but we didn't push the scoring and had some horrible calls when needing 1 yard.

(09-17-2023, 06:45 PM)JaguarJosh2 Wrote: a 17-9 loss at home in that fashion is Baguars material.  We'd like those odds of them only scoring 17,  but we didn't push the scoring and had some horrible calls when needing 1 yard.

Just stop. Our defense held the SB champs and best QB/TE duo in the league to 17 points. While the offense clearly played poorly, the defense was excellent. The offense just couldn't capitalize. It happens when the opposing team has the best DLineman in the entire NFL.

(09-17-2023, 06:54 PM)Jaguar Warrior Wrote:
(09-17-2023, 06:45 PM)JaguarJosh2 Wrote: a 17-9 loss at home in that fashion is Baguars material.  We'd like those odds of them only scoring 17,  but we didn't push the scoring and had some horrible calls when needing 1 yard.

Just stop. Our defense held the SB champs and best QB/TE duo in the league to 17 points. While the offense clearly played poorly, the defense was excellent. The offense just couldn't capitalize. It happens when the opposing team has the best DLineman in the entire NFL.

Well said. I'm not worried about this loss, there's a lot to learn and there's still 15 more games to play. The team will be hungry and ready to play them again in the playoffs, hopefully on our turf.