Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***Jaguars vs Chiefs Gameday***

(09-17-2023, 06:34 PM)Khan Artist Wrote:
(09-17-2023, 05:08 PM)Jagulars Wrote: I get the frustrated hate with how the team played today. But, look at it this way: We are not the Giants.

They get shutout in week 1. If you look at the current match against the Cardinals, they are losing 17 to 0 before the end of the 1st half. They haven't scored a single point yet this season.

Giants have officially double our point total today.

I spoke too soon. They came back and won.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(09-17-2023, 06:30 PM)Sibelius Wrote: Holding Mahomes to 17 is pretty darn good, especially when our offense isn't helping to keep him off the field.

Wow, 0-4 in the red zone . . . that's a killer. This game could have been ours.

The team held Mahones to 24 points imo.   The Chiefs stopped tying to score once they got into our 10 yard line.   If they'd needed to score...they would have scored.

Just like last year...we didn't get enough of a pass rush.    There were nice pockets around Mahone all game.    

We need to stop acting like the defense was good today.     It was OK.
Black Jaguar: Yeah, it's a thing.

It was always the Jags!!!!

(This post was last modified: 09-17-2023, 07:46 PM by Caldrac.)

(09-17-2023, 07:35 PM)AnOldBrownie Wrote:
(09-17-2023, 06:30 PM)Sibelius Wrote: Holding Mahomes to 17 is pretty darn good, especially when our offense isn't helping to keep him off the field.

Wow, 0-4 in the red zone . . . that's a killer. This game could have been ours.

The team held Mahones to 24 points imo.   The Chiefs stopped tying to score once they got into our 10 yard line.   If they'd needed to score...they would have scored.

Just like last year...we didn't get enough of a pass rush.    There were nice pockets around Mahone all game.    

We need to stop acting like the defense was good today.     It was OK.
I figured if we won today it would be by 3. If we lost it would be by 10. This game still had a different feel to it. The Chiefs handed you four turnovers today and we only cashed in 3 points on that. That's not on the defense.

The offense was supposed to be the strength of this team entering this year. I think the defense did more than enough today just like they did last Sunday. They played better than just "okay".

This Chiefs team had a 72 hour head start to prepare for this game, to get Jones resigned and Kelce rested. Our offense had no answers for Chris Jones. His 6 pressures, 1.5 sacks and Lawrence being pressured 25% of his total attempts today speaks volumes.

It says far more about our personnel challenges along the offensive line. Again, something most of us kept beating the drum for going back to last year and now it's officially opened up a can of worms because it's a game of he said, she said with the coaching staff.

Before the regular season kick off. It's announced Taylor is taking over play calling duties. Up until 14 points being scored in Q4 of last Sunday we were all sharpening our axes for him.

Now, after that game, Pederson said it was the case all along going back to last year. Yet, none of us appeared to know that. So, after today?

It's going to be an interesting and burning topic and as long as this offense continues to struggle we're all going to be that guy bored on his lunch break gambling a dollar here and a dollar there trying to guess which one of the two cups has the rock under it as the crackhead tries to move them around on us really fast.

Just like that last example? None of it makes any sense and somebody is full of [BLEEP] here.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(09-17-2023, 05:16 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Hats off to the Jags Defense
They played well

The Jags OL, QB, receivers and play callers let them down.

LOTS of mistakes by the offense and 4 or 5 big head scratching calls by Taylor/ Pederson

Jags offense and staff gave that game away

This^

Bad play calling. Bad execution by QB, WR1, WR3, and OL. The interior OL is terrible. That won’t get fixed this year. I expect more from Trevor, Ridley, and Zay. I expect they WILL be better. Dial back on calling the gadget plays. Run the dang ball.

Jags still win the division and go to the AFC Championship game. We may not get to SB until we get IOL help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: giphy.gif]
Fix the O-Line!

(sigh) I guess my goal of this team displaying elite talent, as measured by some of our players doing national TV endorsements, will have to wait a little longer.

(09-17-2023, 08:12 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: (sigh)  I guess my goal of this team displaying elite talent, as measured by some of our players doing national TV endorsements, will have to wait a little longer.

Dude, if Trevor Lawrence ever starts doing State Farm commercials I will lose my POOP!!!  

Trevor Lawrence should be diamond handsing Waffle House and making that a national franchise.  It's time for a better fast food joint.  And only the Prince that was Promised can make it happen.  

State Farm can kick rocks.  And a real Prince will understand that!!!!

Hopefully when cam gets back and little kicks inside it will help the interior of the line a little. Fortner looks like he shouldn't be in the league though. He needs to be replaced in the offseason.

(This post was last modified: 09-17-2023, 10:01 PM by Jaguar Warrior. Edited 1 time in total.)

My only hope from all this is that we don't be that team that can't beat the big bad guy of the league. I know we are very early in the Pederson/Lawrence saga, but currently 0-3 against the Chiefs. Not a good feeling.

I wonder how much the heat/sweat affected both qbs, mahomes looked more off today than ive ever seen him.

(09-17-2023, 10:59 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: I wonder how much the heat/sweat affected both qbs, mahomes looked more off today than ive ever seen him.

The heat is definitely a home-field advantage that we possess here in Jax, especially in September but as far as sweat goes, most QBs have throw towels to dry off their hands.

IV bags are always readily available too but yeah, I agree that Mahomes looked off but I think that was more of a function of our defense and the Chiefs not really having a true number 1 wideout aside from Kelce who was knocking off some rust for his first game.

(09-17-2023, 11:07 PM)enigma Wrote:
(09-17-2023, 10:59 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: I wonder how much the heat/sweat affected both qbs, mahomes looked more off today than ive ever seen him.

The heat is definitely a home-field advantage that we possess here in Jax, especially in September but as far as sweat goes, most QBs have throw towels to dry off their hands.

IV bags are always readily available too but yeah, I agree that Mahomes looked off but I think that was more of a function of our defense and the Chiefs not really having a true number 1 wideout aside from Kelce who was knocking off some rust for his first game.

Idk it just felt weird all around today..

Y'all are looking at this wrong. Probably weren't going to beat the Chiefs twice this year anyways. Will mean more when the beat them in the playoffs.

(09-17-2023, 11:30 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote:
(09-17-2023, 11:07 PM)enigma Wrote: The heat is definitely a home-field advantage that we possess here in Jax, especially in September but as far as sweat goes, most QBs have throw towels to dry off their hands.

Idk it just felt weird all around today..

Neither team is clicking yet. Both will be better by the second half of the season.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(09-17-2023, 10:31 PM)Eric1 Wrote: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQl-lpcRxxY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZA5-xAt_5uA

Two observations from the DP presser:

1. The members of the press are as panicky as these boards and DP is not impressed.

2. He was really not happy with the offensive execution.  At one point he expressed some exasperation with senior members of offense not reading the situation on the field correctly (which I heard to mean that based on KC personnel and setup, players were not making the right decisions as a play unfolded).  He also mentioned that players executed well in practice (what I heard to mean that they were making the correct decision for the scenario in practice).  It seemed to me that he was very unhappy with senior player decision-making across the entire offence.

He definitely gave the impression of a coach that had just torn some strips off a few backsides in the locker room and was gearing up to tear off a few more.

Im not sure im panicing quite yet, but man we had every opportunity to blow them out and assert dominance.. we won the turnover battle, jawan taylor was our mvp with the 35 flags he got.. even had the damn refs on our side and… our offense blew it.

(This post was last modified: 09-18-2023, 08:22 AM by JaguarJosh2.)

Time to move past the hype and get back to work and execute better going forward. I like to think the team needed a wake up call such as this. That was the worst I've seen the offense in a while. It was like they were allergic to the endzone.

(09-18-2023, 08:20 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: https://x.com/_John_Shipley/status/17035...56052?s=20

Completely irrelevant statistic that serves no purpose other than to pile on with the bad feels. The inability to convert penalties and turnovers was mostly on our offense. We didn’t score more than 9 mainly because our offense couldn’t execute. Yes, the KC defense was playing hard, just like ours, but they found a way to score in the red zone. We didn’t. Plain and simple.

Like Doug said at the presser when asked how to address the team about the offense, “It’s week two, we’re 1 and 1. We’re in good shape.”