Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Prince Amukamara...how much?

Quote:Ugh... lol... I meant INTs.

Why limit it to non hall of fame players?? Its a reason those guys in the hall... I bet a lot has to do with creating turnovers...

Just last season, a lot of people believe if Ramsey, got more picks it was a good chance he got rookie of the year, hell maybe even a probowl... Ints matters..

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Why limit it to non hall of fame players?? Its a reason those guys in the hall... I bet a lot has to do with creating turnovers...

Just last season, a lot of people believe if Ramsey, got more picks it was a good chance he got rookie of the year, hell maybe even a probowl... Ints matters..

Because the hall is for exceptional players who do beyond what it expected, but your claim is that double digit INTs was expected.

'02

(This post was last modified: 02-09-2017, 10:54 PM by GlockBortles.)

Quote:Because the hall is for exceptional players who do beyond what it expected, but your claim is that double digit INTs was expected.
double digit interceptions is not an expected result unless were going back to the 70s, and not for a corner like prince.

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.pro-football-reference.com/leaders/def_int_year_by_year.htm'>http://www.pro-football-reference.com/leaders/def_int_year_by_year.htm</a>

(This post was last modified: 02-09-2017, 10:54 PM by GlockBortles.)

The interception leader hasnt hit 10 since cro in 07, thats a decade ago

So thats just flat out wrong.

Decent corner in a pass-driven league. 7-9 mil. per year for 4 years is expected.

Either a low guaranteed amount or put in something to compensate for the injury risk. Maybe guarantee the last two years if he misses fewer than 4 games in the first two years.

He's not a star but he's a big reason why we had such a good pass defense. We need quality corners. 

Quote:Decent corner in a pass-driven league. 7-9 mil. per year for 4 years is expected.

Either a low guaranteed amount or put in something to compensate for the injury risk. Maybe guarantee the last two years if he misses fewer than 4 games in the first two years.

He's not a star but he's a big reason why we had such a good pass defense. We need quality corners. 

7-9 mil is what the lower tier starting CBs are currently making, however, FA starters get paid amounts that equate to the higher tier. Again, top UFA targets are always overpaid. A decent (defined as a solid man corner like Prince) free agent corner in this year's draft class is set to make $10 to $12 mil per year. I'm hoping because of Prince's injury history that just maybe we can get him for $9 mil per, although the top free agent corner in this year's class might get $15 mil per year.

I'm guessing Prince makes it simple by saying, "I want more than Hurns." In case you don't recall, Hurns' extension has him making $40 mil over the next 4 years. With that I'll guess, 5-years for $52.5 mil. ...but there's a contingent. Instead of incentives which can be a tough sale for free agents, make it a split contract. A split contract is saying that if he ends up on IR, his base salary while on IR would reduce to a lower number. So, if he's making $10.5 mil in a particular season, the contract would state that if he's on IR he would only make $9 mil. It's actually very similar to an active roster bonus if healthy, only it looks much better from the player's perspective.

'02

Honestly Prince is likely gonna luck out with a decent contract from the TC connection. He drafted him so he knows what he's getting. 

Quote:Because the hall is for exceptional players who do beyond what it expected, but your claim is that double digit INTs was expected.

Yes it was! That was the expectations of the players that played that position.. And if you met those expectations or went beyond them you were considered a really great player..

Quote:Honestly Prince is likely gonna luck out with a decent contract from the TC connection. He drafted him so he knows what he's getting.

Exactly.

It helps he played well enough to earn a contract. Even better, he stayed healthy.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

He's not the best cb on the market. I'd go after a few others before him

Quote:Yes it was! That was the expectations of the players that played that position.. And if you met those expectations or went beyond them you were considered a really great player..

Sorry, but great players do more than just meet or exceed expectations.

'02

Quote:Sorry, but great players do more than just meet or exceed expectations.

It depends on their expectations... If their expectations is great then they have know choice but to be great...And no need for apologies..Just Friendly debating my friend...

Not sure if its been said yet but PFF had him ranked as a top 25 corner (I know, I know its PFF there not the end all be all)

Only 53.7 percent of passes thrown his way were caught and he only had 2 penalties which is pretty solid. Also if we get rid of him who do we replace him with?

[Image: OIG4.uBuSY6yngBYRov__0Zi.?dpr=2.6&pid=ImgDetMain]

Quote:Yes it was! That was the expectations of the players that played that position.. And if you met those expectations or went beyond them you were considered a really great player..
No one has had double digit interceptions in 10 years, and before that there was a short stretch of consecutive double digit seasons but its not even remotely consistent until you go back to all the way to the 80s. So saying the expectation was at least 10 just isnt true.

Quote:No one has had double digit interceptions in 10 years, and before that there was a short stretch of consecutive double digit seasons but its not even remotely consistent until you go back to all the way to the 80s. So saying the expectation was at least 10 just isnt true.

Keyword in my post is "was" !! Meaning I was referring to the past... I'm aware that some cb's don't use that expectation no more...

But the greats will.... I'd bet if someone ask Ramsey how many picks he want next year, he would say more then 10...

Quote:Keyword in my post is "was" !! Meaning I was referring to the past... I'm aware that some cb's don't use that expectation no more...

But the greats will.... I'd bet if someone ask Ramsey how many picks he want next year, he would say more then 10...
But in the past, double digits was only an expectation in the 70s and early 80s, after that 10 becomes a high and is not hit regularly. If you have to go back 40 years that expectation is moot.

And sure he can expect whatever he wants, he can say he wants 20 picks next year but it means nothing.

(This post was last modified: 02-10-2017, 06:39 PM by Yo Boy.)

Quote:But in the past, double digits was only an expectation in the 70s and early 80s, after that 10 becomes a high and is not hit regularly. If you have to go back 40 years that expectation is moot.

And sure he can expect whatever he wants, he can say he wants 20 picks next year but it means nothing.

You see it do means something to the players! It's what they use as motivation... Guys like Champion Bailey, Antonio Cromartie have reached those milestone, and countless others.. If Ramsey got 20 picks...He would be his career in the fast lane to the hall of fame and he would win countless awards..

Point is as fan, we don't carry the same expectations as players... But trust me their are expectations.. Some might even call it incentives!!

The thing is that you're suggesting the Hall of Fame is an expectation for players. To suggest as much is failing to understand what the Hall of Fame is all about.

According to this standard, Boselli failed to do what was expected of him.

'02

Quote:You see it do means something to the players! It's what they use as motivation... Guys like Champion Bailey, Antonio Cromartie have reached those milestone, and countless others.. If Ramsey got 20 picks...He would be his career in the fast lane to the hall of fame and he would win countless awards..

Point is as fan, we don't carry the same expectations as players... But trust me their are expectations.. Some might even call it incentives!!
Now youre just switching your stance. First you implied it used to be expected around the league to get double digits. Your exact words were "at least double digits. Now your pivoting to make this about motivation and dreams and that means nothing.

Face it my man double digits isnt a reasonable expectation, if ramsey wants to dream about it he can all he wants 10 interceptions is a very very high bar and isnt just an expected result.

(This post was last modified: 02-10-2017, 10:41 PM by nate.)

Quote:It's more to it then just locking a guy down.. If you can change the face of the game with a critical turnover, and or put points on the board that makes you valuable.. As a cb you will make more money with that attribute on your resume then just locking a guy up...

Back in the days it was expected of cb, to at least get 10 picks a year... Seems people have lowered their expectations drastically..

How many times since 1980 has someone got more than 10 picks?  Twice.

Back in the days indeed......the really, really old days.

Like 27 times in history has a player got more than 10 picks.....

21 of those were before 1970.