Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Prince Amukamara...how much?

If Prince wants at least 8 mil a year should the Jags give it to him?? How much is too much for him?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Sounds like a decent price tag for Prince. Sure I'd give it him especially considering his market value according to spotrac is $11 mil per. 

That said, I'm looking at the guys who are making $8 mil this year, and most of them would straight up edge out Prince. He's close though, and the one thing we know about free agents is you almost always have to overpay to get the good ones.

It'll be interesting to how Prince's next contract compares to what Hurns got last year. It might be even bigger.

'02

Prince will be looking at Robert Alford the Falcons #2 cornerback who got a new contract recently and is making 9.5 million a year.

That's what Prince will be aiming for. He misses a lot of games so I'm not sure what the outside market will be but he definitely will be aiming for 9.5/10 million a year. It will be his last big contract too

(This post was last modified: 02-04-2017, 01:39 AM by wg171.)

Quote:Prince will be looking at Robert Alford the Falcons #2 cornerback who got a new contract recently and is making 9.5 million a year.

That's what Prince will be aiming for. He misses a lot of games so I'm not sure what the outside market will be but he definitely will be aiming for 9.5/10 million a year. It will be his last big contract too
If that's the price for a #2 corner I hope he gets it from another team. Solid corner when healthy but no big plays.

The salary cap was just estimated to be getting a big jump up from $155 mil to $170 mil, and it will probably be a tad higher than that when it's officially announced.

Prince will probably wind up getting more than we think, over 9 mil AAV wouldn't shock me at all. Nor would it shock me if it came from us. 

I think we pay him and it will be reasonable for both parties. He's a Coughlin guy and Prince wants to be here. A deal will get done. 

Quote:If that's the price for a #2 corner I hope he gets it from another team. Solid corner when healthy but no big plays.

That's the cost of free agency. Teams need good players to win, and good players cost money.

I want the Jaguars to field the best CB at the #2 spot they can get their hands on, so unless they have a plan to pay up for a better CB, they need to re-sign Prince. You can't just go cheap at CB and hope to field a legit defense.

Besides, I really like Prince. Yeah I saw quite a few passes being caught on him too, but he was consistently right there in tight coverage every time. The CBs I'm typically used to watching in Jacksonville simply don't play anywhere near that tight. He's much better than the likes of Gratz and House.

'02

He's not even the biggest. I can see ARob commanding $14 mil per in an extension this offseason.

'02

Anyone think Colvin could possibly take over CB2? I know he plays very well for the slot corner but if Prince warrants an outrageous price, perhaps we should take a gander at Colvin. 

We need to draft a corner in the later rounds in the draft to build more depth either way.

Quote:Anyone think Colvin could possibly take over CB2? I know he plays very well for the slot corner but if Prince warrants an outrageous price, perhaps we should take a gander at Colvin. 

We need to draft a corner in the later rounds in the draft to build more depth either way.

Ensuring either players stays on the field is a bit risky. Prince stayed fairly healthy last year so that's a good sign, but he still has a history that makes you take caution. Colvin you don't know if he can keep his nose clean. One more incident and he's gone for a year.

With any luck, Prince's injury history will help keep his price tag down. He did sign a one-year $6.5 mil prove-it deal this past season for similar reasoning, so just maybe the Jaguars can get him for about $9 mil per instead of $11 mil per.

As someone noted, the cap is going up again. You need to re-adjust your thinking for today's market rates. For $3 mil you no longer get quality starters... for $3 mil you get Chenne.

'02

Quote:Anyone think Colvin could possibly take over CB2? I know he plays very well for the slot corner but if Prince warrants an outrageous price, perhaps we should take a gander at Colvin. 

No way, Colvin needs to stay inside. 9 million is pretty rich but we have the money and there aren't many better options. 

Calling Deshawn Watson a future bust since 3/19/17. If I eat crow, I will keep this in here and proclaim JackCity a genius. 

Quote:If Prince wants at least 8 mil a year should the Jags give it to him?? How much is too much for him?

[BLEEP] No! 4 mill and thats it!! He dont like it let him walk..

(This post was last modified: 02-04-2017, 09:21 AM by Teal Time Radio.)

4 mill in todays nfl is not good enough for the worst nickle corner.
Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

Quote:[BAD WORD REMOVED] No! 4 mill and thats it!! He dont like it let him walk..

Lol. Do you even football, bro?

Quote:Lol. Do you even football, bro?

How much u think Prince is worth? And that was 4 mill a year if u guys didn't get that.. That's what I think he's worth..

Quote:How much u think Prince is worth? And that was 4 mill a year if u guys didn't get that.. That's what I think he's worth..
It's never about what he's worth.  It's about what the market determines his (inflated) value to be. 

Such is the case with 99.5% of FA signings.  

He'll probably get an offer of 8.5 mil per year/ 4 years / with ~14 mil guaranteed from the Jags.  And I think that may be conservative. 

Go look up what they paid Davon House. You think Amukamara will get less than that??

LOL at everyone jumping on Yo Boy when he's obviously trolling. Cyp will probably cost $5 mil per to keep.

I'm ready to guarantee that Prince's next contract averages per year in the $9 to $11 mil range, and it wouldn't surprise me in the least if it's closer to the higher end. If it does turn out closer to the lower end, you might see incentives make up the difference.

'02

I'll pass on Prince at that price. Resign Abry Jones for 5 mil a year. Attempt to extend Arob, Telvin, and Linder. Cut guys like Odrick, Miller, and Skuta to open up more cap and go after some offensive line guys, JPP, and maybe another bargain FA CB like Prince was. 

Quote:I'll pass on Prince at that price. Resign Abry Jones for 5 mil a year. Attempt to extend Arob, Telvin, and Linder. Cut guys like Odrick, Miller, and Skuta to open up more cap and go after some offensive line guys, JPP, and maybe another bargain FA CB like Prince was. 

I still say we pay up for the talent we need. Keep in mind that the Jaguars are a top three team in terms of available cap space. If recent projections of a $177 mil cap are correct, the Jaguars are something like $60 mil under, and I don't believe this even counts their additional carry over space.

'02

(This post was last modified: 02-04-2017, 01:34 PM by Jagwired.)

Dude has only played a full season once out of six seasons. He has a scant seven picks in six years. I am indifferent to resigning him, they have and must spend the money but damn, cant we get better?

http://www.nfl.com/player/princeamukamar...areerstats

Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.