Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
You Don't Get To Take Over My Information

(This post was last modified: 06-01-2017, 12:04 AM by HandsomeRob86.)

duplicate. One last time for the boards sake.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Technically the username someone creates is under their private ownership
, and content that person posts on a particular website should remain there until the owner agrees for it to be moved somewhere else. 
This is stating a fact. Its not true, and followed by an opinion. But it was still presented as a fact.

Quote:I mean the OP has a valid concern/point, but people's immaturity in this thread has become the topic of discussion. 
This has nothing to do with my current post, but I thought it was humorous. You and anchorman are quite the duo.

Quote:I did state my thoughts as opinions
. Your emotions led you to believe otherwise.
I cannot think of a way that is not insulting to say that you are not telling the truth. But I think reading the quotes together would make most reasonable people aware of what you were doing. It is ironic that you would claim this when your prior post was right there waiting to be quoted for infamy.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

(This post was last modified: 06-01-2017, 12:06 AM by HandsomeRob86.)

Quote:I think you're giving him way too much credit.
Probably, I should be giving credit to the board more. I think Anchorman is getting close to TMD level of dramatics tho with this one.

Quote:This is stating a fact. Its not true, and followed by an opinion. But it was still presented as a fact.

This has nothing to do with my current post, but I thought it was humorous. You and anchorman are quite the duo.

I cannot think of a way that is not insulting to say that you are not telling the truth. But I think reading the quotes together would make most reasonable people aware of what you were doing. It is ironic that you would claim this when your prior post was right there waiting to be quoted for infamy.
Replace "technically" with "i believe" or " i think", and then he has a point. But that isn't the way most people do it around here. We of the The Jungle Speak only in Factual statements. Opinions are for homers and people who are optimistic lol

(This post was last modified: 06-01-2017, 12:15 AM by HandsomeRob86.)

Quote:Replace "technically" with "i believe" or " i think", and then he has a point. But that isn't the way most people do it around here. We of the The Jungle Speak only in Factual statements. Opinions are for homers and people who are optimistic lol
Thats a fact, based on your emotions.  :teehee:

Technically I believe I think that someone's board info isn't really worth protecting.

Huh

Quote:This is stating a fact. Its not true, and followed by an opinion. But it was still presented as a fact.

Same old JFC

TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

Quote:That's the first time I've ever seen an opinion started off with the word "technically".
Banana

TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

FYI, the legal eagles inside the organization (actual lawyers, not a message board wannabe) said the content here was considered public domain. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

(This post was last modified: 06-01-2017, 08:20 AM by Jagwired.)

I have compiled all of TAM's intellectual posts below for all to see and distribute. I'm sure Wikileaks wants this.

You're welcome.

Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

Quote:FYI, the legal eagles inside the organization (actual lawyers, not a message board wannabe) said the content here was considered public domain. 

I struggle to understand how some people don't know these basic facts about the environment in which we exist and work so hard to prove it to us.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 06-01-2017, 09:03 AM by DARKSTAR.)

TAM doesn't want his birthday to get out on WikiLeaks but he's ok getting a free desert at Outback while the waiters & waitresses sing to him.

DARKSTAR = The Artist Formerly Known As HURRICANE!!!

Quote:TAM doesn't want his birthday to get out on WikiLeaks but he's ok getting a free desert at Outback while the waiters & waitresses sing to him.

It must be difficult to find someone who can sing traditional persian.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

What part are you missing when it comes to ownership of a username? There is a reason it belongs to you, and nobody else can use it. That's common sense.
Whether someone has a liberal, or conservative viewpoint, a authoritative figure should not lock a thread for the sole purpose to get the last word in all the while prohibiting someone else from being able to respond.

Quote:FYI, the legal eagles inside the organization (actual lawyers, not a message board wannabe) said the content here was considered public domain.

The content could be found on public search engines but I'm confused as to who is trying to be a message board lawyer?
Whether someone has a liberal, or conservative viewpoint, a authoritative figure should not lock a thread for the sole purpose to get the last word in all the while prohibiting someone else from being able to respond.

(This post was last modified: 06-01-2017, 01:09 PM by Jamies_fried_chicken.)

Quote:Same old JFC

How are you doing Trav?

Yeah. I mean, how could it not be?  You are willingly placing your so-called "intellectual property" out there for anyone with internet access to see every time you click "Post." 

This was my initial thought after reading the OP.  Why the hell would you put something on the internet in an easily accessed public forum that you want to claim ownership over?? 

I would wager most create a new email address specifically for the board, or at least use a "catchall" email address created specifically for spam, etc and not their primary when signing up for these types of boards anyway.

I would hope.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:What part are you missing when it comes to ownership of a username? There is a reason it belongs to you, and nobody else can use it. That's common sense.

Actually, the admin team owns that name and choose to allow you to use it if they see fit to do so. They could take your user name and give it to me if they want, or they could deny you the right to use it here. It's not really yours, it's just a unique identifier to keep your material together in the database, nothing more. Anything you post under it on this MB also belongs to them. That's how it works.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:Actually, the admin team owns that name and choose to allow you to use it if they see fit to do so. They could take your user name and give it to me if they want, or they could deny you the right to use it here. It's not really yours, it's just a unique identifier to keep your material together in the database, nothing more. Anything you post under it on this MB also belongs to them. That's how it works.

So lawyer, can you tell me where someone take my username and give it to someone else?

All the other stuff I know about.