Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
You Don't Get To Take Over My Information

Hey all,

Sorry that The Jungle is dying.  But you don't get to figure out how to move over my information without my consent.  

I do not consent for you to take over my username or any of my intellectual property.

Feel free to create a new server and a new website.  But you cannot take my information over with you.  I do not allow it.

If you truly believe in free speech and fee flow of data, you will understand my concern.  

My username, my passion, my discussions were meant only for The Jungle.  I would never have given my opinions to a website that would not based within the Jaguars.com website.  Therefore, I do not accept a transfer of my information to any other server that is no longer a part of the Jacksonville Jaguars franchise associated with the National Football League.

Thank you,

~TAM

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Ok I guess if some want to opt out that fair?
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Actually it's not anyone taking your information your account would still be password protected. It's just moving where it's stored. Lets also admit the reality once you post content on the web all expectations of private ownership should be gone.
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

I've read some stupid things on this board but we're constantly reaching new levels.

Quote:Hey all,

Sorry that The Jungle is dying. But you don't get to figure out how to move over my information without my consent.

I do not consent for you to take over my username or any of my intellectual property.

Feel free to create a new server and a new website. But you cannot take my information over with you. I do not allow it.

If you truly believe in free speech and fee flow of data, you will understand my concern.

My username, my passion, my discussions were meant only for The Jungle. I would never have given my opinions to a website that would not based within the Jaguars.com website. Therefore, I do not accept a transfer of my information to any other server that is no longer a part of the Jacksonville Jaguars franchise associated with the National Football League.

Thank you,

~TAM

Actually, someone correct me if I'm wrong, but you don't own your user name or the content you've created.. Those rights to ownership were given up when you signed up on the forum..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Quote:Hey all,

Sorry that The Jungle is dying.  But you don't get to figure out how to move over my information without my consent.  

Feel free to create a new server and a new website.  But you cannot take my information over with you.  I do not allow it.

My username, my passion, my discussions were meant only for The Jungle.  I would never have given my opinions to a website that would not based within the Jaguars.com website.  Therefore, I do not accept a transfer of my information to any other server that is no longer a part of the Jacksonville Jaguars franchise associated with the National Football League.

Thank you,

~TAM

Are you just trying to make a point?

Quote:Actually, someone correct me if I'm wrong, but you don't own your user name or the content you've created.. Those rights to ownership were given up when you signed up on the forum..
"Ownership" is such a gunked-up concept on the internet that I don't even bother with it. I just assume that 100% of what I say and do is instantly in the public domain.

You don't own that user name.

I'm going to create one just to prove it to you. 

Please tell me this is an attempt at humor....
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

How can someone get on a soapbox about ownership with a photo of Will Ferrel in their avatar. That photo is from a mult-million dollar film with copyright laws up the rear. Do you have the rights from all proper movie distribution partners and studio to use that picture? I mean...just...really... 

Honor the bet.

Hey everybody, look at me, look at me...

whatever

Have you seen my baseball?

Buuuuuwwwwwaaaaa, :woot:  :woot:  TAM has posted foolish ramblings on many occasions. This appears to be another. Buuuuwwwwwaaaaaa. :woot:

Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

Translation: waaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

Run along, little snowflake.

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

I think he should riot so he can loot and burn a CVS for drugs

I want in on some of that action...daddy needs new Air Jordan's.

Have you seen my baseball?

Sounds like someone wants the history of their political discussion erased forever!

If serious - saaaadddddd......... #tissues

If trolling - nice! Wink lol
Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

Quote:Honor the bet.

What bet? He doesn't know what you're talkin bout. He didn't make any bet. He was out back feedin the chickens. He was hacked. It was his twin brother Renaldo from Portugal.

Quote:How can someone get on a soapbox about ownership with a photo of Will Ferrel in their avatar. That photo is from a mult-million dollar film with copyright laws up the rear. Do you have the rights from all proper movie distribution partners and studio to use that picture? I mean...just...really... 
"Stay classy, San Diego?"

Be careful because TAM has many leather bound books, and his apartment smells of rich mahogany.  He's kind of a big deal...in his mind.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]