Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ryan O'Halloran really hates Justin Blackmon guts

(This post was last modified: 02-06-2015, 03:46 PM by trunt87.)

Quote:You know, I don't agree with several things that he says. But I fail to see any supposed contradiction.

Maybe so, but not once has Fbt ever given an example of the fans being right. Coicidence? I think not.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Maybe so, but not once has Fbt ever given an example of the fans being righ. Coicidence? I think not.

I'm really not sure what this is even supposed to mean. But as long as it makes you happy....
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Quote:Not sure i am sucking up to fbt by pointing out your mistake so you can stop making a fool of yourself for arguing a mistake you made. but by all means keep arguing because your to dumb to say you were wrong. :teehee:

Lol making myself look like a fool. That is rich.

Quote:He did not say they listen to the fans when it goes badley. he said that when they listen to fans more then not the descion they made goes badley. Then he stipulated that there are exceptions to that logic but not often. Its 5th grade reading comprehension.

and yes i failed 5th grade grammer Tongue
lol so basically he said nothing?

Sometimes they listen and sometimes they don't. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.

Quote:your to dumb

Oh my. I hope this was satirical.

Quote:I'm really not sure what this is even supposed to mean. But as long as it makes you happy....

Let me try...

I think what he means is that FBT has never acknowledged when fans were critical about one thing or another regarding the team were, in fact, correct in their criticism. Why people need external validation to this level is beyond my ability to comprehend, however (assuming of course, that I was able to accurately decipher what he meant).

<i>Behold man's final mad disgrace.</i>

<i>He chops his nose to spite his face.</i>

-Etrigan the Demon

Quote:lol so basically he said nothing?

Sometimes they listen and sometimes they don't. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.
Yea basicly. I never said i agree with what he said i just said trunt wasnt understanding what he said and was making an argument based on misreading it.

Quote:Let me try...

I think what he means is that FBT has never acknowledged when fans were critical about one thing or another regarding the team were, in fact, correct in their criticism. Why people need external validation to this level is beyond my ability to comprehend, however (assuming of course, that I was able to accurately decipher what he meant).
I really don't give a [BLEEP] one way or the other.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

I think he initially started out trying the "hard hitting journalist asking the tough questions" schtick which is fine but when Caldwell called him out a little bit it seemed to get personal.  Then when O'Halloran was wrong about the salary cap hit, it got funny.  I think Dave handled the questions with great restraint and professionalism.

I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

Quote:Let me try...

I think what he means is that FBT has never acknowledged when fans were critical about one thing or another regarding the team were, in fact, correct in their criticism. Why people need external validation to this level is beyond my ability to comprehend, however (assuming of course, that I was able to accurately decipher what he meant).

Nothing wrong with being critical of the team but when there are some opinions expressed that are just patently wrong or silly or misinformed then you can expect to get called out.  That's what debate is all about and what makes the forum interesting.  It would suck if we all agreed all the time.

I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

I just listened to the spot and yeah Ryan does come off as petulant, but I am not sure he is wrong. If Blackmon comes back to literally half of what most of y'all are expecting it will still be by far the most successful comeback for a WR coming off ~2 years absence in NFL history. I will say it again, the most successful story thus far that would be comparable to Blackmon is Plaxico Burress, and all he was was a pretty decent red zone threat. 

Plaxico was old when he came back.

Blackmon is another piece. Not many think he will be the next Dez Bryant. But can he be a more dangerous guy than Cecil Shorts was? Absolutely.
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

Quote:I just listened to the spot and yeah Ryan does come off as petulant, but I am not sure he is wrong. If Blackmon comes back to literally half of what most of y'all are expecting it will still be by far the most successful comeback for a WR coming off ~2 years absence in NFL history. I will say it again, the most successful story thus far that would be comparable to Blackmon is Plaxico Burress, and all he was was a pretty decent red zone threat.
What's the difference between being out for 2 years due to Blackmons problems and getting season ending injuries 2 years in a row? Plenty of players have serious injuries in multiple years which make it so they can't play.

At least JB is physically healthy and hopefully he's been working out.

Quote:What's the difference between being out for 2 years due to Blackmons problems and getting season ending injuries 2 years in a row? Plenty of players have serious injuries in multiple years which make it so they can't play.

At least JB is physically healthy and hopefully he's been working out.
Well, being able to be around the team, going to meetings, walkthroughs, rehabbing with team trainers, etc I think make a pretty big difference compared to JB who has to be completely away from the team. 

Also, which plenty of WRs have missed two full seasons due to injuries and come back strong? 

Quote:Well, being able to be around the team, going to meetings, walkthroughs, rehabbing with team trainers, etc I think make a pretty big difference compared to JB who has to be completely away from the team.

Also, which plenty of WRs have missed two full seasons due to injuries and come back strong?
Well Blackmon hasn't missed two full years either
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

It's possible RO might be right about Blackmon, but for me that's not really the point.

O'Halloran seems to come across as petulant and rude whenever I hear him and he is far too quick to stamp on other people's opinion of Blackmon. I think it goes beyond a professional opinion and comes across as being deeply personal.

I think members of the press should be more restrained and measured if they want their opinions to be respected.

O'Halloran is a dork

Poor guy will always be the b team beat writer.Did Gene Smith sign him?
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

Quote:Well, being able to be around the team, going to meetings, walkthroughs, rehabbing with team trainers, etc I think make a pretty big difference compared to JB who has to be completely away from the team. 

I said players and some of them include Frank Gore, Thomas Davis, McGahee and Welker (before concussions)

Quote:I said players and some of them inclu de Frank Gore, Thomas Davis, McGahee and Welker (before concussions)

JSmooth did it the best.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato