Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Anyone else still believe in Yeldon?

He's a 3rd down RB. Can carry the load for a few games but will need a good line. Lets not act like we had the Cowboys line and he was missing holes like Trent Richardson. Best as a complementary. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

At 3.6 yards per attempt, Yeldon is 35th in the league for 2016. That's lower than several 2nd string RB's in the league.

Corey Grant, while only having 32 carries in 2016, had an average of 5.1 yards per carry.

He seems like a fairly sound back, but at the same time he really doesn't seem very special either. He hasn't as yet done anything to convince me that he is an elite running back... rather, he seems like just another guy to hand the ball off to. Some on this message board suggest that he needs good blocking to be effective. Well gee whiz Mr. Wizard... I could be an effective running back too if I had good blocking all the time.

I still recall the kids here wetting themselves with glee about what a great player Yeldon would be. Steal of the draft they said.

The whole time I recognized him for what he is, a mediocre talent with a penchant for fumbling. He'll never live up to his draft position. One of Dave's worst reaches. He shows what "needs" based drafting gets you when you panic about a run of players at a certain position.

And to add onto all of this.. Yeldon is sort of a weird guy in terms of personality. Extremely quiet and seems like he hates talking to the media. I follow him on Snapchat and that's a bit odd as well. Lots of partying.
Shock the world

Quote:Yeldon a star? hahahahaha

Ahh the classic "hahahahaha" from an uneducated fan. Not articulate enough to join a conversation and explain why Yeldon is not a star so they go to insult and laughter.
Shock the world

Quote:I still recall the kids here wetting themselves with glee about what a great player Yeldon would be. Steal of the draft they said.

The whole time I recognized him for what he is, a mediocre talent with a penchant for fumbling. He'll never live up to his draft position. One of Dave's worst reaches. He shows what "needs" based drafting gets you when you panic about a run of players at a certain position.

I don't recall anyone outside of the team thinking this was a great pick. Maybe the hometown media, but they do that for every pick. 

Quote:At 3.6 yards per attempt, Yeldon is 35th in the league for 2016. That's lower than several 2nd string RB's in the league.

Corey Grant, while only having 32 carries in 2016, had an average of 5.1 yards per carry.

I see your point, but just to put it in perspective Todd Gurley averaged 3.2 yards per carry and I would take him over Yeldon or Grant.

Not sure why they took Yeldon over David Johnson. Caldwell blew it on this pick.

I don't know that the stats from last year are an accurate reflection of how good Yeldon was because the scheme was not conducive to running. Aside from the first game when Hackett took over as OC, the Jaguars never once stressed the run. The way our RBs would just get a freak carry here and there, it's no wonder they didn't put up much in the way of stats. You really have to look at what they did in their limited opportunities, and I kept noticing TJ finding holes and picking up tough yards. I agree he's not a starter in this league like Ivory, but it's far too early to give up on him.

'02

a good complimentary back, will probably be in the league a long time, kinda reminds me of Rashad Jennings. 

Go Jags!
*To stay up for atleast 2 years 3/6/17
2016 draft players I think will be good
  • On the Fournette train, will be best back of his class 3/6/17
  • Lattimore please,  Lockdowns on both sides would be nice
  • Engram at TE and the MJD clone Samaje Perine

Quote:I still recall the kids here wetting themselves with glee about what a great player Yeldon would be. Steal of the draft they said.

Oh, a penchant for fumbling huh? Yeldon has fumbled twice on 312 carries. I'd hardly call that a penchant for fumbling.

Meanwhile, Ivory fumbled 5 times this year alone. On 117 carries.

Quote:I see your point, but just to put it in perspective Todd Gurley averaged 3.2 yards per carry and I would take him over Yeldon or Grant.

Look at their stats from 2015 and 2016 and the picture becomes crystal clear. 

(This post was last modified: 01-25-2017, 02:42 PM by K-Dub.)

Draft Joe Mixon out of OU...I live in Oklahoma now and let me tell you, this dude is a beast...he will be there in the latter rounds and could easily be the steal of the draft. I know punched a chic and all but he has been a model citizen since then.

<FONT color=teal size=3><P align=center></FONT><P align=center><FONT size=3>NO WORRIES JAGS FAITHFUL, WE HAVE A GOOD FOOTBALL TEAMBig Grin</FONT>

Quote:Oh, a penchant for fumbling huh? Yeldon has fumbled twice on 312 carries. I'd hardly call that a penchant for fumbling.

Meanwhile, Ivory fumbled 5 times this year alone. On 117 carries.

While I do feel that Ivory can be a starter in a scheme that lets him build up his carries, he does need to get a handle on his fumbles.

'02

Quote:Draft Joe Mixon out of OU...I live in Oklahoma now and let me tell you, this dude is a beast...he will be there in the latter rounds and could easily be the steal of the draft. I know punched a chic and all but he has been a model citizen since then.

After that "punching a chick" incident, I took him off my board. Even after the tape came out, he was still trying to justify his actions. He has never taken accountability for what he did. I don't care how good of a player he is, I wouldn't draft him at all. 

"Look everyone, I was right about something. Please lets all take note of this"

Quote:"Look everyone, I was right about something. Please lets all take note of this"

Don't you have a titans fan board to be gushing on?

Quote:"Look everyone, I was right about something. Please lets all take note of this"

But he's really not as bad as you're making him out to be so I'm still waiting to note down something that you're right about.

'02

He's serviceable which is pretty much what everyone thought when he came out. Can get tough yards make people miss, good in the passing game but has no 2nd gear and isn't a big play threat. I wanted David Johnson that year but I think the reason they took Yeldon was he was NFL ready, shortsighted I guess.
[img]blob:https://www.duvalpride.com/1a8a2498-9833-4b7d-8cc7-5e45aa36d9f6[/img][img=648x560]blob:https://www.duvalpride.com/cfd7a344-8206-4fed-a4c4-6536e150b1a7[/img]