Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
I think Gus Bradley has until week 8 of 2015 to turn this thing around

Quote: LOL.  Why don't you tell me exactly what DB's do in the NFL that they don't do in college that is so complicated it takes 2 plus years to learn. 

The level of competition is greatly elevated, the other players are bigger, stronger, faster and more talented than those in college, but it's the same game.  

The fact that you have to ask this question (not once but twice!) is part of the issue.  For one thing, defensive schemes are much more complicated in the pros.  For another thing, the offenses are more sophisticated.  Receivers have many more options, and coaches are much better at exploiting weaknesses.  Hey, don't tell me.  You're one of those guys that think a good college team can beat an average NFL team, aren't you?  Hahaha, you guys really crack me up.

I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:The fact that you have to ask this question (not once but twice!) is part of the issue.  For one thing, defensive schemes are much more complicated in the pros.  For another thing, the offenses are more sophisticated.  Receivers have many more options, and coaches are much better at exploiting weaknesses.
You're just digging yourself in deeper. Answer the question once and I won't have to ask it twice.

When you're the deep back, you never let a receiver get behind you, how complicated a scheme is that?

What extra options do receivers have?  Are they required to run routes only in predesignated lanes in college?  Catch the ball with only one hand?

Is the coaching only better on offense?  Aren't the defensive coaches better at teaching DB's their assignments?

When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

Quote:You're just digging yourself in deeper. Answer the question once and I won't have to ask it twice.

When you're the deep back, you never let a receiver get behind you, how complicated a scheme is that?

What extra options do receivers have?  Are they required to run routes only in predesignated lanes in college?  Catch the ball with only one hand?

Is the coaching only better on offense?  Aren't the defensive coaches better at teaching DB's their assignments?
You're clueless and it's obvious you've never played football in your life.

Quote:I think Bridgewater at 3 is better value than Mack at 3, yes.

<div> 
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. Clown.
</div>

Quote:You're just digging yourself in deeper. Answer the question once and I won't have to ask it twice.

You're such a simpleton.  In college most receivers run simple outs or deep routes.  They have very few options.  In the pros they have to know nearly as much as the QB, optioning routes, understanding options, etc. You're saying covering receivers in the pros is as simple as college which ironically has everyone laughing at you.  The funny thing is, you're not seeing it.  LOL

I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(This post was last modified: 11-22-2014, 02:58 AM by SuperJville.)

yes, the game is different.

the really good college players come to the NFL and play well from the start.  

sadly it appears we don't have any of those really good ones.

<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

Quote:yes, the game is different.

the really good college players come to the NFL and play well from the start.  

sadly it appears we don't have any of those really good ones.

The fact that you're expecting rookies to come in and play well immediately is the problem.

Quote:I think Bridgewater at 3 is better value than Mack at 3, yes.

<div> 
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. Clown.
</div>

where did I say I expected them to play well immediately?  Your reading comprehension sucks.

We have average rookies making rookie mistakes.  They're not extraordinary, which I was hoping some of them would be.

I still have hopes for Bortles.  I'm not that impressed with our 2013 draft except for grabbing Denard and McCray.

My point is that there ARE some rookies who come in and play great from the get go.  It's not this impossible feat that some of you want to believe.

<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

Waiting until week 8 of 2015 to make a coaching staff would be horrible.  

It's time to recognize things for what they are.  This coaching staff is simply incapable of being competitive.  It's not even about taking the team to a Super Bowl, making the playoffs, or anything like that.  It's about not getting blown out week after week, it's about not having the worst point differential every year, about not going 1-9 three consecutive years. 

At the end of the season, you fire Gus and all the other coaches, and you bring in an experienced HC and coordinators.  

Quote:The fact that you're expecting rookies to come in and play well immediately is the problem.
Yea.... playing well 12 weeks into the season... How dare people expect them to improve.

Gus Bradley needs to go immediately. Were not even close to winning a ball game.

(This post was last modified: 11-24-2014, 09:50 AM by knarnn.)

Sometimes its best to say nothing...
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:His Jage-wires have been one of the bottom teams in the league. He has a lot of energy and Im sure he is a great defensive coordinator but not a head coach.

I think Khan gives him this year plus half of next.

I'd just hate to see yet another year wasted...if he is kept even until game 1 of next year then the opportunity is lost to bring in the new coach's philosophy and planning.  If he's fuired mid year it'll just be turmoil.

I think he needs to go now in all honesty!