Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
I think Gus Bradley has until week 8 of 2015 to turn this thing around

His Jage-wires have been one of the bottom teams in the league. He has a lot of energy and Im sure he is a great defensive coordinator but not a head coach.

I think Khan gives him this year plus half of next.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I tend to agree with you if we are 1-7, 2-6 to start next year he is probably done. Who would be the interim coach though?

Quote:His Jage-wires have been one of the bottom teams in the league. He has a lot of energy and Im sure he is a great defensive coordinator but not a head coach.

You are wrong. He is a head coach. The head coach of the Jaguars.

I tend to agree. 

If we're 1-7 then he's out. 

If we're 2-6 then he's on life support. 

If we're 3-5 then I think he's ok for another year.

If we're 4-4 we're on track for this rebuilding process

If we're 8-0 he and Caldwell get contract extensions through 2050.

Quote:His Jage-wires have been one of the bottom teams in the league. He has a lot of energy and Im sure he is a great defensive coordinator but not a head coach.

Honestly if you have any sense he's got much longer than that.  When Bortles started is when Gus' clock started.  I'd say he has at least two years from when Bortles started, and probably more than that.  

I do think they're going to change their special teams coach this offseason though.  Maybe linebackers coach too.

Did we need a new thread to bash Gus Bradley?  I mean its a tough business if the team continues to lose, especially embarrassed at home most likely Dave Caldwell will terminate his employement.  I think Gus has made a few mistakes, but he's still better than most.

I'm not sure about the record next season. 500 is a pipedream. Just want to see us looking competitive, and Bortles looking less like a rookie and more like a top 3 draft pick.

I disagree.

Folks sure do love them a hot seat these days.  

Bradley is safe this year and probably safe all of next year.  If the team has another good draft and adds some quality FA players - but still comes out the flat in the first half of the season - then his seat heats up. 

Can you imagine the heads exploding around here if he were fired mid-season and Fisch were named interim HC?  LOL

I will be shocked if he is fired in the middle of next year regardless of what happens. Based on comments from Shad and Caldwell it is clear they understood that the rebuild period would be painful and they were willing to stay committed to the plan. Changing course mid-flight would be reactive and a bad sign.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

4-12 last year, probably worse this year.........if there's not "significant" improvement in 2015, I'd say he's toast at the end of 2015. Otherwise, what's the definition of steady improvement?

Quote:Did we need a new thread to bash Gus Bradley?  I mean its a tough business if the team continues to lose, especially embarrassed at home most likely Dave Caldwell will terminate his employement.  I think Gus has made a few mistakes, but he's still better than most.
Who's the most he's better than?

Quote:Honestly if you have any sense he's got much longer than that.  When Bortles started is when Gus' clock started.  I'd say he has at least two years from when Bortles started, and probably more than that.  

Disagree. Coaches are paid to win. Bradley yoked this teams and his improvement with Henne, then turned to Bortles early (and throwing away his stated plan) when that failed. If wins didn't mean a thing, he would have stuck with Henne. This year improvement in wins meant something, but we'll have to wait until end of this year to find out the expectations had by Caldwell and Khan.

I see this thread is about lowering expectations for next year already. I swear this team hires agents to post this crap on here. Trying to prep people with another year like this and he doesn't get fired? You must be crazy.

Quote:Honestly if you have any sense he's got much longer than that.  When Bortles started is when Gus' clock started.  I'd say he has at least two years from when Bortles started, and probably more than that.  

I do think they're going to change their special teams coach this offseason though.  Maybe linebackers coach too.
hahahaah... wait.. you're serious?

If we start next year at 1-9... You think we should still keep him? Thats insane.

Quote:Folks sure do love them a hot seat these days.

Bradley is safe this year and probably safe all of next year. If the team has another good draft and adds some quality FA players - but still comes out the flat in the first half of the season - then his seat heats up.

Can you imagine the heads exploding around here if he were fired mid-season and Fisch were named interim HC? LOL

I can't imagine that Gus keeps his job if we don't win another game this year.
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

(This post was last modified: 11-18-2014, 01:18 PM by HURRICANE!!!.)

I can't believe Jeff Fisher has the Rams heading in the right direction after losing their QB. 

But then again, he did cost $7m/year.

Gus is better than most?  I'm not certain we have tangible data to support Gus being in the top 15 in coaches.

Quote:I can't imagine that Gus keeps his job if we don't win another game this year.
I can't imagine not winning another game this year.

(This post was last modified: 11-18-2014, 01:44 PM by Markulous.)

If Caldwell has another good draft and offseason signing FAs, I doubt Bradley is here in 2016 if we have a losing record again (barring MAJOR injuries).  I'd be disappointed with anything below 9-7 next year.  He's gotta be safe for 2015 though.