Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Fisch and Babich

Quote:Taylor was Second Team All Pro that year...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2007_All-Pro_Team

Then we both were wrong. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 10-09-2014, 05:15 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:Because you're just running your agenda. Let's not forget that Gus is your sixth choice, sir.

I know he was. So what?? If he's still doing bad at this point, whats that mean?? Am I supposed to continue to support that??

Quote:No he was not. Thats on JDR. He's the one that was so fond of conservative philosophy. 
It was Koetter's offense. Even when Del Rio was hands-off, Koetter still played that style of ball. It was a sound strategy with our more talented teams because, lets be honest here, in 2007 if the Jacksonville Jaguars went into the second half with a lead, you weren't going to win that game.

But you can't convince me that Koetter wasn't partially responsible for that style of play.

Quote:I disagree. I think that was because Garrard was known for 4th quarter boners.

The Garrard interception against Washington still gives me nightmares. I love the guy, but you're right, he made some of the most regretful throws I've ever seen from a QB.

THERE IS A SKELETON INSIDE OF YOU.

RIGHT NOW. THIS IS NOT A JOKE.

Quote:I know he was. So what?? If he's still doing bad at this point, whats that mean?? Am I supposed to continue to support that??

Like we've discussed already. Its too early right now to say. If by the end of this season there is no improvement, then I'm with you.

If there is good improvement then I'd like to see him get his third year.

But I've tried to ask his question maybe three times now, and everyone who talks about how bad Gus is never answers. Who would be out there to take his spot?.... Who would be a major upgrade?

Everyone wants to whine and moan but what are the realistic upgrade options?
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

Quote:Then we both were wrong. 

I don't see how. All Pro is All Pro regardless of team designation. You were wrong. It's okay to be wrong.

Quote: 

The Garrard interception against Washington still gives me nightmares. I love the guy, but you're right, he made some of the most regretful throws I've ever seen from a QB.

He was gifted a comfortable lead in the Pittsburgh playoff game by Mathis and MJD and wasted it.

Quote:Like we've discussed already. Its too early right now to say. If by the end of this season there is no improvement, then I'm with you.

If there is good improvement then I'd like to see him get his third year.

But I've tried to ask his question maybe three times now, and everyone who talks about how bad Gus is never answers. Who would be out there to take his spot?.... Who would be a major upgrade?

Everyone wants to whine and moan but what are the realistic upgrade options?

Jim Harbaugh as HC/ Rex Ryan as DC. 

Not only would that be good for the defense, but good for Bortles. 

Harbaugh took a Gabbert-esque Alex Smith and actually coached him up enough to the point that he led that team up to the NFCC game. 

Quote:I know he was. So what?? If he's still doing bad at this point, whats that mean?? Am I supposed to continue to support that??

It doesn't lend too much validity to your opinion if after less then 1 1/2 years one of your top coaching picks needs to be fired.

Quote:I don't see how. All Pro is All Pro regardless of team designation. You were wrong. It's okay to be wrong.

You said 2 all pro RB. 

In reality there only was one 2nd team AP RB. 

Is it that hard???

Quote:It doesn't lend too much validity to your opinion if after less then 1 1/2 years one of your top coaching picks needs to be fired.

You all supported him too. So I guess no validity to any of our opinions then. 

The difference is I'm quicker to realize when its not working out. And with Gus, the writing is becoming clear on the wall. He ain't good enough. 

Quote:Jim Harbaugh as HC/ Rex Ryan as DC.

Not only would that be good for the defense, but good for Bortles.

Harbaugh took a Gabbert-esque Alex Smith and actually coached him up enough to the point that he led that team up to the NFCC game.

OK. That's one possibility. I like both ideas. But just talking head coach here....

Harbaugh may not want to come to Jacksonville. Michigan is a real possibility as well as Oakland so he doesn't have to uproot his family.

What would be some other TMD approved options.

I also notice you didn't comment on my charlie weis as OC idea.

I'm certainly open to discussing coordinators as well but we can't act like the jaguars can have pick of the litter.
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

(This post was last modified: 10-09-2014, 05:25 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:OK. That's one possibility. I like both ideas. But just talking head coach here....

Harbaugh may not want to come to Jacksonville. Michigan is a real possibility as well as Oakland so he doesn't have to uproot his family.

What would be some other TMD approved options.

I also notice you didn't comment on my charlie weis as OC idea.

I'm certainly open to discussing coordinators as well but we can't act like the jaguars can have pick of the litter.

I actually never saw your Charlie Weis OC idea....

Was Weis in New England when Brady was in the developing stages?

Quote:I actually never saw your Charlie Weis OC idea....

Was Weis in New England when Brady was in the developing stages?

also, btw.....I think Harbaugh would come here for 2 reasons......$$$$ green from Khan, as well as a franchise QB in Bortles. 

Quote:also, btw.....I think Harbaugh would come here for 2 reasons......$$$$ green from Khan, as well as a franchise QB in Bortles.

They're gonna pay him huge money in Michigan and its his alma mater.

Quote:They're gonna pay him huge money in Michigan and its his alma mater.

I'm sure Michigan is a distinct possibility too.....I was just asked why Harbaugh might come here. 

Quote:They're gonna pay him huge money in Michigan and its his alma mater.

His style is better suited to college too, the kids leave before they get sick of him.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:also, btw.....I think Harbaugh would come here for 2 reasons......$$$$ green from Khan, as well as a franchise QB in Bortles. 
It's a shame Bradley isn't going anywhere, huh?  This should give you YEARS of self soiling.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

It's amazing how one person can drag dozens of posters into the the stupidest repeat-topic conversation over and over and over again.

Edit: And "fisch-sticks"? :blink:  C'mon MAN!

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:It's a shame Bradley isn't going anywhere, huh?....

If Bradley don't start turning this around quick, I don't think the above is accurate. 

Quote:If Bradley don't start turning this around quick, I don't think the above is accurate. 
If the team goes 0-16, MAYBE he gets fired.  Otherwise, it will be pure joy watching your head explode. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]