Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Has the team really not made progress? A quick look.

Quote:Like I said, if you don't understand the change in philosophy, it's a waste of time discussing it with you.
In other words, you're just repeating the pr you've heard and have no idea.

When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:No, I responded appropriately to someone who only has the mental capacity to focus on one thing at a time.  You completely missed the point about turning the corner because of your limited intellectual capacity.

LOL< @ limited capacity....ha, at least I can see that this Bradley regime is circling the bowl well before you can.....amazing for someone with a "limited" capacity. 

Quote:Oh, you mean the cheerleader, every players best friend approach?  Doesn't seem to be working out to well so far.

I'll spell it out for you so perhaps you can understand it.

The philosophy is to get better.  That means daily, weekly, etc.  Pay no attention to the record (wins and losses) just focus on getting better.  If the players get better daily, then they will be better weekly.  They keep doing that then the wins will come.

It's not rocket science.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Quote:In what particular facet of the game will this improvement manifest itself?

I would say that it will manifest in all three phases of the game.  We have already seen the offense and defense get better between week 1 and now.  If special teams is better we should see either points on a return or a turnover.

It will eventually happen.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(This post was last modified: 10-09-2014, 07:17 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:Oh, you mean the cheerleader, every players best friend approach?  Doesn't seem to be working out to well so far.

Not only that, but I remember during the Jax- Chicago preseason game, ESPN was interviewing both head coaches about different facets of each's team, and the difference in depth of the answers between Bradleys overly simplistic "we just gotta get better" crap and the Chicago Bear head coach's technical responses was disturbing. It was like listening to the difference between a professional and a novice. 

Quote: 

The philosophy is to get better.  

LMAO.  Just a wild guess on my part, but I think every team in the league has that philosophy and goal.  

Quote:Not only that, but I remember during the Jax- Chicago preseason game, ESPN was interviewing both head coaches about different facets of each's team, and the difference in depth of the answers between Bradleys overly simplistic "we just gotta get better" crap and the Chicago Bear head coach's technical responses was disturbing. It was like listening to the difference between a professional and a novice. 

So what I get from you is that Coach Bradly doesn't "do it" for you, but Marc Trestman does.   :woot:

(This post was last modified: 10-09-2014, 07:21 PM by clfcrn777.)

Quote:It doesn't prove anything. The Jaguars are trying to create their own model. We don't know whether it will be successful or not at this point. We'll know exactly how wise the move was a year from now.

"Own model"? More like walking blindly.

Quote:In what particular facet of the game will this improvement manifest itself?
We saw the defense hold one of the top offenses in the league to 17 points this past week.  Is that not improvement?  We held them to less than their average for total yardage and points per game despite the fact that they're a top 5 offense. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:Not only that, but I remember during the Jax- Chicago preseason game, ESPN was interviewing both head coaches about different facets of each's team, and the difference in depth of the answers between Bradleys overly simplistic "we just gotta get better" crap and the Chicago Bear head coach's technical responses was disturbing. It was like listening to the difference between a professional and a novice. 

Listen to a belichick press conference some time.

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

Common sense says that much inexperience is a bad thing.

Quote:Listen to a belichick press conference some time.
That's not going to help his agenda.

In speaking to people at the stadium who have actual insight, this notion that Gus is a cheerleader is downright laughable.  That may be the fan perception, but it's definitely not the reality. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Quote:Common sense says that much inexperience is a bad thing.
Common sense says that getting young talent the kind of experience this crop of rookies is getting in a season where the team was expected to struggle is a good thing long-term, but you're more than welcome to focus only on right now and not bother with how this will help the team a year, two, or three from now.

(This post was last modified: 10-09-2014, 07:24 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:So what I get from you is that Coach Bradly doesn't "do it" for you, but Marc Trestman does.   :woot:

Quote:Listen to a belichick press conference some time.

You're missing the point....

Belichick don't say much, but its not because theres a lack of the ability to come out and get all technical, he just is a man of few words with the press. 

Bradley simply gives you the same old cheerleader / get better crap because I get the impression that its an empty can upstairs and thats all he's got. There is no "genius" or "depth" up there. Its like another Del Rio. Very limited cerebral power. 

Quote:That's not going to help his agenda.

In speaking to people at the stadium who have actual insight, this notion that Gus is a cheerleader is downright laughable.  That may be the fan perception, but it's definitely not the reality. 

To expand on this a bit, it sure seems like he holds players accountable.

Quote:I'll spell it out for you so perhaps you can understand it.

The philosophy is to get better. That means daily, weekly, etc. Pay no attention to the record (wins and losses) just focus on getting better. If the players get better daily, then they will be better weekly. They keep doing that then the wins will come.

It's not rocket science.

Shouldnt part of the get better philosophy include getting better from one year to the next?

Because we got much worse from the second half of last season to the start of this year.

Quote:Common sense says that getting young talent the kind of experience this crop of rookies is getting in a season where the team was expected to struggle is a good thing long-term, but you're more than welcome to focus only on right now and not bother with how this will help the team a year, two, or three from now.

You would never start a business with a staff that is entirely inexperienced. EVER. The older guys should help train the rookies, it shouldnt be a situation where they all get thrown to the wolves.

(This post was last modified: 10-09-2014, 07:28 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:Shouldnt part of the get better philosophy include getting better from one year to the next?

Because we got much worse from the second half of last season to the start of this year.

Yep we've now lost 8 straight and many of those by blowout and almost every one by more than one score. 

Not only that but whens the last time our offense put up a 35 or 40 burger and over 400 yards????

Quote:I would say that it will manifest in all three phases of the game.  We have already seen the offense and defense get better between week 1 and now.  If special teams is better we should see either points on a return or a turnover.

It will eventually happen.
Offense was flat the first 4 games and the defense went backwards.  Games 4 to 5 contrast "looked" like improvement in some areas, but it was probably also the weakest opponent we had faced.  

I'm not sure what criteria you use to determine improvement.  It's hard to see where a 9 point output scores a plus.

Quote:Shouldnt part of the get better philosophy include getting better from one year to the next?

Last season doesn't matter, only this season.  We're talking different players not only on our team, but in the NFL as a whole.  We are starting at minimum 6 players on offense this season.  Think about that for a bit.  Other players have limited experience.

If you get these young players playing better throughout this season, 2015 could be a special year.