Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Stupid. Stupid Stupid Decision

I gave up on Facebook months ago. It became all political hate, all the time.

This is really sad.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Welp....I must say I'll miss it. I'd pop a cold one with the gang as the sinking ship goes down.

Sad. ( not political )

Watch the Jags turn the corner. Hit the playoffs. And after years of griping, we can celebrate here. Go figure.

Peace out
Blakes Life Matters

Quote:https://jungle.jaguars.com/index.php?/to...d-closing/

Yikes.  Sorry.

Quote:Anyone with facebook should go ahead and message the page something along the lines of what i messaged them today

"just wanted to voice my displeasure at the team deciding to shut down the jaguars message board. I've been going to that message board since 2007(not sure if that part is accurate, I know I was reading askvic back then, not sure when i actually started using the message board.) when I was deployed in iraq and didn't have access to watch actual games. I think it is a huge mistake the team is making in shutting down this very important fan experience for many of us."

Good idea.

But then ponytail Khan will probably cry and have someone remove the message.

[BLEEP]
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(This post was last modified: 05-22-2017, 12:46 PM by DARKSTAR.)

Hey -- just thought it would be a good idea to establish a group point of contract summary so we can migrate to another board once this one shuts down.

If anyone is interested, just list your cell phone number or something so we can reach ya once we get a new independent board up and running (or migrate to an existing Board).

Here's mine

(904) ###-#### --- HURRICANE!!  (now going by DARKSTAR and will most likely in the future so everyone doesn't continue to think I'm a U of Miami fan).

DARKSTAR = The Artist Formerly Known As HURRICANE!!!

Quote:Yeah, seriously. Jagwired is talking like Twitter is full of a bunch of churchgoers. 
Nope, not this at all. I am fully aware of whats out there. The difference is The Jags don't foot the bill to host those sites. Unfortunately, that was what happened here. Most of the posts in the Jags football side had become nothing but bashing. How long would you foot the bill for people to come and bash the very thing you are trying to promote? That's all I'm saying. I enjoy the board and will miss the interaction but how long can one read ice cream jokes and not get tired of it? Especially if you are footing the bill.

Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

Quote:Shutting down the board. [BAD WORD REMOVED] you and [BAD WORD REMOVED] social media.

Too much reality and "coming down to earth" happening on this messageboard, as opposed to the social media sites that make it seem like the Jags are continuously a 11-5 team or something

(This post was last modified: 05-22-2017, 10:24 AM by Bullseye.)

My [email protected]

Bullseye-Shaking my head in sadness.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

I have to think money is driving this move.

It can't be because of criticism.

First off, when you have the record the Jaguars have had over the past 10 years, you are going to get criticism even from your most loyal fans.  NFL.com and NFL network constantly criticizes the team, but the team doesn't steer people from those sites.

Furthermore, it's not as if shifting to facebook or some other social media site is going to stop the critiques of the team if the team is objectively performing poorly.

I'm Jay

[email protected]

This sucks: I'm not on facebook or Twitter

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

This does suck...mightily.

I am on both facebook and twitter, but neither facilitate good substantive football discussion the way this forum did for 15 years for me.

Quote:I have to think money is driving this move.

It can't be because of criticism.

First off, when you have the record the Jaguars have had over the past 10 years, you are going to get criticism even from your most loyal fans.  NFL.com and NFL network constantly criticizes the team, but the team doesn't steer people from those sites.

Furthermore, it's not as if shifting to facebook or some other social media site is going to stop the critiques of the team if the team is objectively performing poorly.
This isn't a money move.  It's a decision tied to the social media strategy the team has been developing for the past few years.  They don't see this forum as being necessary with so many other avenues already in place.  They're not averse to criticism.  They've grown to expect it because it existed even when things were going well.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

As far as facilitating good and substantive football discussion, Facebook and twitter are poor substitutes for this forum.

BS, there are forums/messageboards out there for the smallest and most obscure of niches.

Quote:As far as facilitating good and substantive football discussion, Facebook and twitter are poor substitutes for this forum.
Agreed, but the powers that be don't see it that way, and they're the ones making the decision.  Honestly, this is a trend that we've seen with a lot of teams around the league where they no longer host their own message boards, and we kind of expected this to come to Jaguars.com eventually.  That day has arrived.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:As far as facilitating good and substantive football discussion, Facebook and twitter are poor substitutes for this forum.

This!!
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

stoopid

Have you seen my baseball?

Y'all might want to rethink putting your cell numbers out there, it not just board members that can read these threads. Y'all gonna be getting phone calls from Nigeria soon!!
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(This post was last modified: 05-22-2017, 10:14 AM by minihulk32.)

[email protected]

I know I dont have many posts, but I always enjoyed reading the boards.  I would like to be apart of the new community wherever it turns up at.

1-900-BIGOBOY

Have you seen my baseball?