Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Interesting quotes from the players

Jaguars are currently ranked #32 dead last in Total Offense (28th in passing)

and Defense is only ranked #29th ( i know shocking but the Saints, Browns, and Falcons are worse in yards allowed per game).

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Shorts commenting on QB play while not being on the field equates to the media pundits weighing in on attacking ISIS while not serving in the military.

Play a few downs in a game, maybe I can say at least you speak from experience.

Practice and last year don't count.

Maybe analogies aren't your thing

Quote:What do you expect a WR to say about their QB?  It goes back to playing football as kids if you bad mouth the QB he doesnt throw to you, not to mention all the other NFL Professional things like not bad mouthing a teammate, etc.

Doesn't throw it to you? Of course a QB doesn't try to throw to the bench. Well...most don't.

But agree on not bad mouthing a team mate. But bad mouthing team play...including oneself ( which doesn't mean Shorts ) is fine by me. Call it like it is. Most fans would rather hear that than, well...I saw some positive things out there, after getting your [BLEEP] handed to ya.

Let me hear from a guy in the trenches vs a spectator.
Blakes Life Matters

Quote:Right, because Cecil has never actually played a down in the NFL, right? 

I think this trashing Cecil for speaking his mind is a bit overboard.  He's certainly entitled to express an opinion.

Not many. Certainly not this year. I'd rather hear from current players.

I'm not on the start BB bandwagon. But maybe I'd rather hear from a guy whose actually out there.

Just frustrated with the guy we need most, injured, again. I'm sure Henne would love his support on the field as well
Blakes Life Matters

Quote:Agreed. 

But, what Cecil was saying above was really just reiterated by Roy Miller in his interview.  Miller was pretty frank in what he had to say about where the issues lie, and it's clear there are some players who aren't taking learning the playbook as seriously as others. 

Here's the video.

I wonder who doesn't know the playbook.

Bryant and Clemons have played in the defense for years, so it's unlikely it's either of them.

Marks has played too well for me to think it's him.

It's doubtful Miller would make that specific criticism and he not know the playbook.

Alualu, Branch, Davis are all in their second year in the defense.

Hood, maybe?

One of the LBs or DBs?

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Quote:I wonder who doesn't know the playbook.

Bryant and Clemons have played in the defense for years, so it's unlikely it's either of them.

It's doubtful Miller would make that specific criticism and he not know the playbook.

Hood, maybe?

One of the LBs or DBs?

I'm assuming it's guys on the second and third level of the defense.

Hood, maybe?

One of the LBs or DBs?

I think he is referencing blown coverages.  I also don't agree with Miller saying its a good thing to cover for a guy who is out of position on a play.  No, just do your job or else you will create more holes by trying to be everywhere on the field.

Quote:Not many. Certainly not this year. I'd rather hear from current players.

I'm not on the start BB bandwagon. But maybe I'd rather hear from a guy whose actually out there.

Just frustrated with the guy we need most, injured, again. I'm sure Henne would love his support on the field as well

Right.  By not many, you mean he's only played in 75% of the games he's been in the NFL for over the past 4 years, right? 

Shorts has more credibility when it comes to his viewpoint on the situation than any other receiver on the roster because he's the only one on this team with ANY perspective beyond 2014.  He's been out there for multiple QBs during that stretch. 

You should really hate on Shorts.  I'm sure he's just getting injured intentionally to milk a pay check from the team, right?

No doubt Henne or any QB would rather have his #1 receiver on the field, and that will hopefully happen this year.  Knocking Shorts because he's injured and making that the reason why he shouldn't be speaking is a little silly. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Hood, maybe?

One of the LBs or DBs?

Find out who was supposed to covering the guys that have been wide open the last two games and that is probably your answer.

Hood, maybe?

One of the LBs or DBs?
He wasn't going to offer anyone up for sure, but it sounds like the younger guys are struggling to know the playbook.  Especially the guys who are out there due to injuries.  So, it's probably safe to assume a guy like Prosinski or one of the linebackers are among those he's talking about when he says they're rotating guys in and out. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

(This post was last modified: 09-16-2014, 10:28 AM by Bullseye.)

Quote:I'm assuming it's guys on the second and third level of the defense.

Quote:I think he is referencing blown coverages.  I also don't agree with Miller saying its a good thing to cover for a guy who is out of position on a play.  No, just do your job or else you will create more holes by trying to be everywhere on the field.

The blown coverages seem a plausible target. 

But as I think about it, everyone in the secondary has been in the system at least a year now.  It shouldn't be new to anyone.

However, given the way we were gashed in the running game, I can't completely put it past the front 7, either.

Badger, I agree about the covering for someone else.

Quote:Maybe analogies aren't your thing

Currently, I'd rather hear from Hurns and Hagel vs Shorts and Hannity.

You're free to disagree.
Blakes Life Matters

(This post was last modified: 09-16-2014, 10:50 AM by Ringo.)

Quote:Right. By not many, you mean he's only played in 75% of the games he's been in the NFL for over the past 4 years, right?

Shorts has more credibility when it comes to his viewpoint on the situation than any other receiver on the roster because he's the only one on this team with ANY perspective beyond 2014. He's been out there for multiple QBs during that stretch.

You should really hate on Shorts. I'm sure he's just getting injured intentionally to milk a pay check from the team, right?

No doubt Henne or any QB would rather have his #1 receiver on the field, and that will hopefully happen this year. Knocking Shorts because he's injured and making that the reason why he shouldn't be speaking is a little silly.
Didn't say or imply " hate" with Shorts. I think I said frustration. Venting just as he was.

But 4 years? 2 catches in 2011. His QBs were Garrard, Gabbert and Henne, the other " multiple" QBs played a game or 2, Bouman or Mcown or somebody. So his comparisons are limited.

Anyway. Just want him jawing on the field, not off it. Let's see if the team tries to retain him later.
Blakes Life Matters

Does anyone know what Poz said to Kirk Cousins....

Quote:Does anyone know what Poz said to Kirk Cousins....

Good game?  Good job?  Good luck to you?

Maybe they made a bet on the Penn State v. Michigan State game?

I don't know but they threw over his head all day. Can't remember how many times they dumped it off to his assignment who was constantly open. I like Poz a lot, but, coaches, understand the man cannot cover to save his life.

The people complaining about Poz coverage skills should watch other teams LBs who aren't named Pat Willis.  TEs are a mismatch for almost every LB in the league.

Quote:He wasn't going to offer anyone up for sure, but it sounds like the younger guys are struggling to know the playbook.  Especially the guys who are out there due to injuries.  So, it's probably safe to assume a guy like Prosinski or one of the linebackers are among those he's talking about when he says they're rotating guys in and out. 

Given how predictably Prosinski is exploited in coverage, he would be a good guess.

I'm gonna guess Evans is one of the culprits.